[MOD] Age of Discovery II

Actually.
my new tactic will be to send the ship back empty. When it arrives down there, open the worldbuilder and delete the ship and put a new one in the right place.

oops double post.

hi, i finally played the AOD2 mod. Awesome experience :)

i played the "Patchmod - "... cannot remember which one... the huge america map

some small remarks though the other maps are not patchmod?

second remark: the "trade overview button" goes to the "accomplishment menu". Alt+T works though.

Keep up the good work Dale ::)

Hi,

Now I am desperate for a new map script. How can i get a good map randomizer? It has been two days and I have started nearly 34 games, in all of them I get this Curly Wormy like Map, with 80% tobaco resources, with the AI trying to settle realy close to each other, with no sugar planter teachers...

I mean, why does tha AI does that? They should try different tatics in every different game, but all they do is "Lets settle close to each other!"

Why cant we get pangea like maps that are similar to america?

MightGooga:

You can use FaireWeather mapscript with AoD2. :)

Hi Dale

I like the mod very much, but i´ve a problem with multiplayer games. If i open a game the other player could´nt find the game and vise versa. Is this mod multiplayer playable anyway? we tried it with langame and internetgame via gamespy.

Please help us :sad:

This mod looks to be awesome! Thank you for all the work you have put into it.

We have installed the mod after creating mod folder. Everything seems fine, except we were wondering if the two maps displayed in the set up screen were the new ones (larger) that you had created?

If not, how do you access your newer, larger maps??

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Keep up the great work. On of the frustrations with the original map was that we quickly ran into other european colonies. (We prefer a long period of exploration)

All right!

I started about 5 games last night, using the Fairweather Script. It does look good. It had a good fat continent with a variaty of resources, it improved game play. Thanks Dale for the tip!

This mod looks to be awesome! Thank you for all the work you have put into it.

We have installed the mod after creating mod folder. Everything seems fine, except we were wondering if the two maps displayed in the set up screen were the new ones (larger) that you had created?

If not, how do you access your newer, larger maps??

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Keep up the great work. On of the frustrations with the original map was that we quickly ran into other european colonies. (We prefer a long period of exploration)

The two new fixed maps are Colonization I and Columbus Dream. If you are looking for the larger random maps then start a game normal, choose either the New World or Carribean scripts and huge map size.

Hello. I'm enjoying your Mod very much and like to play using the huge map, but if possible would like to see an option to increase the maximum turn limit as in the Band-aid mod, as this gives you more time to enjoy the game and buildup plenty of towns...thank you very much.

Any update on when we'll get some new victory conditions?

I'm working on player achievements right now, and want that in first. Then victory conditions. :)

I'm working on player achievements right now, and want that in first. Then victory conditions. :)

What happend to the pirates?
I dont see any pirate ships or units in my game :(
sounded like a good idea to achieve xp and some great generals before independance.

* Cheat Menu (CTRL-SHIFT-Z):

the editor was already there for that no? ^^

* Establishing missions now have an increasing failure chance based on success missions and difficulty.

should'nt it be easier to convert a village if 90% of the tribu's village is already converted?

* Docks hurry costs have a set maximum (currently 2000, will change).

it's true that a colon from the dock for only 2000 in marathon when a farmer is 2400 whithout miniut is a little overkill^^

* Changed caravel: 4 move (from 3)

the trade ship no longer have any use with that, 2 caravels cost the same and can sail to 4 villages faster

Hi Dale!

First of all, thanks for your mod. It has given to the game all the sense and emotion that needed! Now I'm enjoying it a lot, just waiting for your new applications.

I'm having a problem, maybe you could help me. I'm playing your AoDII 1.02.
Everything's working OK.

I've chosen the english, and now my indepence rate, as you see in the attached file, it's 73%.

But the opcion "initiate revolution (my game is in spanish)" is not operative. Why is this happening? I can't declare independence. I'm playing epic game speed and still 170 turns to go.

Thanks a lot in advance, and again, congratulations for your mod!

Manel

Attachments

• revol1.bmp
    384.1 KB · Views: 102
* Cheat Menu (CTRL-SHIFT-Z):

the editor was already there for that no? ^^

Didn't have a very good autoplay. The cheat menu is more for me testing things than actual players. :)

* Establishing missions now have an increasing failure chance based on success missions and difficulty.

should'nt it be easier to convert a village if 90% of the tribu's village is already converted?

This was added for gameplay reasons, not accuracy reasons. It was too easy to establish MANY missions and get heaps of free converts for your colonies. This way makes placement of missions more strategic.

* Docks hurry costs have a set maximum (currently 2000, will change).

it's true that a colon from the dock for only 2000 in marathon when a farmer is 2400 whithout miniut is a little overkill^^

You'll note this is still "in dev". :)

* Changed caravel: 4 move (from 3)

the trade ship no longer have any use with that, 2 caravels cost the same and can sail to 4 villages faster

Who ever built a merchantmen anyways? Most people would strike straight for galleons rather than build a merchantmen. Specially since it's multi-role and transports treasures too.

I have another idea for merchantmen (which I won't announce yet) which will make them useful. ;)

Hi Dale!

First of all, thanks for your mod. It has given to the game all the sense and emotion that needed! Now I'm enjoying it a lot, just waiting for your new applications.

Thanks. :)

I'm having a problem, maybe you could help me. I'm playing your AoDII 1.02.
Everything's working OK.

I've chosen the english, and now my indepence rate, as you see in the attached file, it's 73%.

But the opcion "initiate revolution (my game is in spanish)" is not operative. Why is this happening? I can't declare independence. I'm playing epic game speed and still 170 turns to go.

Thanks a lot in advance, and again, congratulations for your mod!

Manel

Did you turn on/off any of the victory conditions when you started? What percentages are your cities at?

A simple idea to improve gameplay when you get around to it, Dale—random initial prices om all goods. The original game had horses too cheap, so you just bought them. The same is true now for tools, no need to waste time on ore mining and tool production, but keep an eye out for silver. This limits strategy and is repetitious. A completely random initial price (2-20) would have enormous strategic implications, especially regarding placement of settlemets, and be a lot more fun. Nor is it unrealistic. Look at the way commodity prices have shifted in just the last month or so! I can see, however, that it could be a problem getting the AI to adapt. There settlement choices now are rather poor to say the least. They look completely random. Can anything be done about that?

I agree on the randomness of prices but there must be a direct relation in prices between the raw material and finished product. The finished product should ALWAYS be higher than the raw material, at least initially, but probably, for balance, throughout the game.

Actually, an option in Custom Game perhaps, a "Random Prices" checkbox, but that wouldn't be just for this MOD, I think it would serve well for the game in general.

Top Bottom