[MOD] Age of Discovery II

Dale,

Any word on an update and what you plan to include in it?

After I finish Red Alert 3. I've finished 2 campaigns, one to go. :)

Apropos my comment about tools being too cheap, I tried changing the min/max/difference parameter from 1/2/1 to 4/6/2 in the yield file (terrain folder) just as Dale did with horses, with the result that the mod will not even load now. Now why is that? Are other changes necessary?

Dale, a pair of suggestions that will lead your mod to the perfection :p

You should add a new warning, when just left one turn to complete something and you dont have the enough tools to complete it, it will save me a lot of time :)

And in the diplomacy, rename the exchange of World Map, to New World Map, I still can't see Europe when I agree that exchange

And in the diplomacy, rename the exchange of World Map, to New World Map, I still can't see Europe when I agree that exchange

That just proves that people at firaxis didnt work very hard for the US$ 40 they are charging for the game!

It is a shame isnt it? I scooped this forum bottoms up, and there is a lot of things that seems to me like a disrespect for the player. I gues we can call this one a Commercial Game. Defnetly its not a piece of art like CIV.

Im Glad we have the Modders so we dont die frustrated in our beds... crying about how school is broke, and the lack of other features.

Dale, a pair of suggestions that will lead your mod to the perfection :p

You should add a new warning, when just left one turn to complete something and you dont have the enough tools to complete it, it will save me a lot of time :)

Or perhaps just be able to BUY tools during building completion...

Dale and Snoopy....thank you both so much for all the hard work you've done to make this game (I've waited for 13 years to come out) actually live up to my expectations.

I have some questions and ideas that maybe you guys could help me out with or take in to consideration. (anyone feel free to answer if you know the answer)

In some colonies, it is cheaper money-wise upon graduation to educate students of the same profession. Assuming both colonies have Universities, and 3 Elder Statesmen each, why does one colony charge me 500g for an Elder Statesman while another colony will charge me 900g? Or, some colonies don't charge me anything for certain professions, while other colonies do....assuming I have someone of that profession actually working in both of those colonies. E.G: Fur Trapper. 800g to train in one colony, free in the other. Any ideas?

Why do the natives charge me so much money for their land? In the first game, the first colonies I'd have to "buy" would only be a couple hundred gold. Can that be changed somewhere?

I'd like to be able to purchase tools upon building completion instead of having to ship them over or make them myself. Is that possible?

Why can't I train Veteran Soldiers or Hardy Pioneers?

Can we make it so that each type of ship has offensive capabilities? I may not have a frigate, but dangit my fleet of Caravels is going to take you DOWN!

Thanks again Dale and Snoopy. Without you guys I would have cried myself to sleep after playing the crappy release version once.

Jamis

More!

Dale, do you have any plans of adding any of the other European powers that other people out there have been writing?

How hard would it be to add labels to wagon trains and ships? Even if the name was auto-generated as wagon train1 or Caravel2.

Would you be the one to talk to about bringing back the savannah tile and the Prime Timber resource bonus?

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported yet for AoD II.

When I buy a new ship in Europe and sail it to the new world, it shows up in the new world in a random location.

Is there anyway to get that new ship to show up in the new world "somewhere" close to my colonies?

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported yet for AoD II.

When I buy a new ship in Europe and sail it to the new world, it shows up in the new world in a random location.

Is there anyway to get that new ship to show up in the new world "somewhere" close to my colonies?

iirc for new ships I believe they pop out at your initial 1492 starting/spawn spot every time (its crew don't know a point in the new world to aim for until they have been and returned!).

Jenks,

Actually, after one of the last upgrades changed this. Ships in the Northern hemisphere are ending up at the bottom of the map.

Dale, maybe will be good for the game just impeding declaring the Independence before turn 100, 150 or 200 or year 1700, etc, whatever. It will force people to play the game the way it was thought :)

Dale, maybe will be good for the game just impeding declaring the Independence before turn 100, 150 or 200 or year 1700, etc, whatever. It will force people to play the game the way it was thought :)

Hmm... I think that has already been achieved in tripling the starting REF?

Dale, do you have any plans to re-introduce Dale's Combat Mod to Colonization? (Especially the cannon's ranged attacks)

Like I posted in the other AoD2 thread, I love this mod, but whenever I clear a colonist's specialty, the game crashes. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Hi Dale
I downloaded and installed the mod int he mods folder as per your instructions.
When I start game and load the mod I get as you state in the top right hand corner the fact that it is loaded i.e. A0D2_1.02 but like Kark in a previous post I do not see any of the new nations when I go to play a single player game.
There are only two maps shown New World or Caribean.
I do not know if I have the mod installed correctly, but I never see any pirates.
Game plays ok but do not know if the other enhacements are working.
Robert

Top Bottom