[MOD] Age of Discovery II

Dale, a little suggestion, after clicking the buy shortfall option, it should appear the build window again to choice the next to build :)

Yeah, trying to get that to happen proves to be more hassle then it's worth. ;)

Just consider that the act of hurrying the shortage goods requires one turn to get them in (like normal hurry). :D

Minor bug: The adviser menu always re-opens itself at the end of a turn.

Also, is it possible to make certain features into options so each game could be customized? In other words, turning formations on-and-off or pirates on-and-off. The pirates just seem a little too weird and un-Colonization to me, but I love the rest of it :)

...Also, I wanted to add something. Thank you! I just had my most enjoyable game of Colonization yet using your Patchmod (slightly modified so that some of the settings matched AoD more.) And not enjoyable for C4C, it was downright fun, period. Thank you!

And if I had to guess, your upcoming new (retro) feature is either foreign intervention or kingly intervention in colonial affairs. :)

Ah crap... I had the same idea. I already recorded the intro movie... :)
I would suggest splitting up intro movie taking the 2nd part for intro or opening menu and the 1st part for the loading screen (fairyweather map needs some time). Btw try the default opening music (OpeningMenu.mp3) together with the 2nd part, if synchroned correctly it fits perfect (climax of music happens when settler puts red flag into new world).

Blah, I don't like the C4C opening menu music. I'd rather use Baba Yetu. :p

I've got another song that covers the menu system, and an awesome graphic (look at the AoD2 header image in the first post) for the menu. This is the intro movie at the start of the game. :)

Thank you Dale for a great MOD. Played several games already using your MOD, and it makes for a much better overall colonization experience,...

Make sure you put the mod in the Program Files location of Col (where the actual EXE file is) not MyGames. :)

Ah, I see now - blasted thing installs under '2K Games' instead of Firaxis Games. Always wondered where it had installed to... Much obliged, thanks!

what are the descriptions for the 2 new victory Conditions?please

Economic: Win via total goods traded.
Industrial: Win via total yield rate per turn (includes every type of yield as well as crosses, bells and hammers).

Nice list there (missed it). Still I want some animals :p.

I know you do, but it's a lower priority on my list.

I'm sure once you hear what I'm working on you'll agree. ;)

I know you do, but it's a lower priority on my list.

I'm sure once you hear what I'm working on you'll agree. ;)

Curiouser and curiouser...

Tried last night on second *easiest* difficulty level. Those pirates - Ouch!! - I got sunk about four or five times by the pirates and the king kept raising taxes whilst giving me an inadequate ship. You'd think he might send a couple of warships to deal with the situation properly after losing valuable shipments several months in a row.

Because I could barely escape my bay without being mobbed by three (!?!) pirate ships on turn twenty or so(!!!), I couldn't ship enough goods to Europe to really develop my colony. Eventually by turn 75 or so, I'd managed to escape, sneak round the North, find the Pacific, traipsed across the States, set up San Francisco in a vain attempt to try and sneak in round the back. It was like giving the other Civs a 75 turn head-start!

This worked for about 30 turns or so til the pirates figured me out once more. I never got enough gold to buy a warship and buidling one of my own would have taken forever, as I would've needed to build all the materials myself.

Are you planning for a Game Option to turn the Pirates off in the next version? Or at least tone them down. There's no way I should be facing off three warships with a lousy Caravel twenty turns into the game, especially on a fairly rudimentary difficulty level. I can hack the XML myself, if needs be, but a Game Option would be preferable.

Tried last night on second *easiest* difficulty level. Those pirates - Ouch!! - I got sunk about four or five times by the pirates and the king kept raising taxes whilst giving me an inadequate ship. You'd think he might send a couple of warships to deal with the situation properly after losing valuable shipments several months in a row.

Because I could barely escape my bay without being mobbed by three (!?!) pirate ships on turn twenty or so(!!!), I couldn't ship enough goods to Europe to really develop my colony. Eventually by turn 75 or so, I'd managed to escape, sneak round the North, find the Pacific, traipsed across the States, set up San Francisco in a vain attempt to try and sneak in round the back. It was like giving the other Civs a 75 turn head-start!

This worked for about 30 turns or so til the pirates figured me out once more. I never got enough gold to buy a warship and buidling one of my own would have taken forever, as I would've needed to build all the materials myself.

Are you planning for a Game Option to turn the Pirates off in the next version? Or at least tone them down. There's no way I should be facing off three warships with a lousy Caravel twenty turns into the game, especially on a fairly rudimentary difficulty level. I can hack the XML myself, if needs be, but a Game Option would be preferable.

Pirates need a lot of work done to them to be "complete". One thing I changed a few days ago was making their pirate ship strength 3, down from 4. This puts them on par with a caravel.

Here's an interesting series of pics. Ignore the fact I placed extra land to trap the Spanish caravel (who I'm at war with). ;)

Top Bottom