Mod causing game to crash

thinkingnut

Warlord
Hi All,

I'm trying to get my custom civ into the game. These are my intended results:

Civilisation: Neo-China

Leader: Warren (with Qin's leader head artwork and sound files)

Neo-China Unique Ability: The Glorious Revival: Builders get a 25% discount. Settlers get a 50% discount.

Neo-China Unique Unit: Serf: Builder with 3 movement points.

Neo-China Unique Infrastructure: Conservatoire: A replacement for the university. Provides an additional +2 sciencE, +2 culture and +1 amenity for the city it is built in.

Warren Unique Ability: Creative Visionary: An extra economic policy slot. Builds Campus, Theatre Square and Entertainment Complex districts in half the time.

Agenda: Big Stick Policy: likes peaceful civilizations that have a city on his home continent and hates civilizations starting wars against a city-state or other civilization based on his continent.

Unfortunately, I must have made a mistake somewhere as the mod keeps crashing the game whenever I try to use it. Would anyone mind having a look at the xml files please and tell me where I wrote them incorrectly?

Many thanks,
W.

Attachments

• Warren_Buildings.xml
    935 bytes · Views: 139
  • Warren_Civilizations.xml
    5.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Warren_Colors.xml
    396 bytes · Views: 186
  • Warren_Config_Text.xml
    1.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Warren_Config.xml
    1.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Warren_Gossip.xml
    3.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Warren_Leaders.xml
    2.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Warren_PlayerColors.xml
    464 bytes · Views: 246
  • Warren_Text.xml
    3.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Warren_Units.xml
    1.8 KB · Views: 130
Your building is not hooked into the trait it needs in order to be assigned to the civ/leader:
Code:
<Row BuildingType="BUILDING_STAVE_CHURCH"
     Name="LOC_BUILDING_STAVE_CHURCH_NAME" Description="LOC_BUILDING_STAVE_CHURCH_DESCRIPTION"
     PrereqCivic="CIVIC_THEOLOGY" PrereqDistrict="DISTRICT_HOLY_SITE" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD"
     Cost="105" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_RELIGIOUS" Maintenance="2" CitizenSlots="1"
     TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_BUILDING_STAVE_CHURCH"/>
Also you have no prereq to the Library
Code:
<BuildingPrereqs>
     <Row Building="BUILDING_UNIVERSITY" PrereqBuilding="BUILDING_LIBRARY"/>
</BuildingPrereqs>
In order to get a building icon to show properly and not have the game use a rando selection, you have to manually edit and replace the entire C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons/Icons_Buildings.xml file and add a new row(s) as like these:
Code:
<GameInfo>
  <IconDefinitions>
    .....many snipped out lines......
    <Row Name="ICON_BUILDING_ROMAN_FORUM"     Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_BUILDINGS" Index="11"/>
    <Row Name="ICON_BUILDING_ROMAN_FORUM_FOW"     Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_BUILDINGS_FOW" Index="11"/>
   .....many snipped out lines....
  </IconDefinitions>
</GameInfo>
The names of the "Icons" in this file must follow the format shown of "ICON_" + "Building as named for BuildingType" + "_FOW" (for the fog of war icon). And you need to designate for both the FOW state and the normal state of the building, in the format as shown.

You will have to add your edited version of the Icons_Buildings.xml as part of the mod, and users will have to manually copy the version of the file included in your mod over the existing file in the game's base files. See Rob (R8XFT's) most recent version of the Anno Domini mod for civ6. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/anno-domini-civ-6-version-available-now.600320/

Last edited:
That is most instructive, LeeS and gyogen2. Many thanks.

I've done as you say, but it is still crashing. Not sure what else I can do here. Any ideas?

I'm attaching the crash report, as suggested.

Attachments

• Civ6 Mod Crash Report.docx
    82.6 KB · Views: 68
Since yesterday, I've also changed around some of the codes to my liking. Maybe these changes are causing new problems?

Attachments

• Neo_China_Buildings.xml
    824 bytes · Views: 74
  • Neo_China_Civilizations.xml
    4.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Neo_China_Colours.xml
    488 bytes · Views: 187
  • Neo_China_Config_Text.xml
    1.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Neo_China_Config.xml
    1.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Neo_China_Gossip.xml