[Mod] Civ 6 Improvements Patch

New version up.

Changes:

- Changes to sea tiles. Harbor and Royal Dockyard now add +1 production to ocean and coastal tiles.
- Fish and Crab resources now give an additional +1 production.
- Public Works policy now gives +1f to ocean tiles, as well as coastal.
- Slightly increased Road movement bonuses.
upload_2016-10-30_22-0-59.png

Screenshot above shows sea yields with a district and Public Works policy on.

I play civ6 in German and noticed that after game start the tweaked policies showed up in English (as expected). However once I have loaded a savegame the texts are back to German (i.e. not showing any amendments anymore). I can see that the actual changes are still working (e.g. "God King" / "Gottkönig" providing +3 faith and gold, however the German text tells me it's +1).

Edit: I tested in English with same result. (however the difference is more obvious if the text is En vs Ger ;) )
Edit 2: The texts are correct when I restart the whole application. But when I load a save game out of an ongoing game, the original texts show up instead of the modded texts.
Edit 3: Going out of a running game back to the main menu and loading a save game from there also results in the unmodded texts.

Not sure whether this is a defect of this mod or if it's a general defect in Civ6.

Last edited:
I play civ6 in German and noticed that after game start the tweaked policies showed up in English (as expected). However once I have loaded a savegame the texts are back to German (i.e. not showing any amendments anymore). I can see that the actual changes are still working (e.g. "God King" / "Gottkönig" providing +3 faith and gold, however the German text tells me it's +1).

Edit: I tested in English with same result. (however the difference is more obvious if the text is En vs Ger ;) )
Edit 2: The texts are correct when I restart the whole application. But when I load a save game out of an ongoing game, the original texts show up instead of the modded texts.
Edit 3: Going out of a running game back to the main menu and loading a save game from there also results in the unmodded texts.

Not sure whether this is a defect of this mod or if it's a general defect in Civ6.

Bug with Civ 6 as mentioned a few times already in this thread. Restart application to get the texts back.

the new costal tile improvements is very overpowered now. coastal tiles whit craps gives 12 production whit harbor and lighthouse. 10 whitout improvement. That makes any civ located near alot of water production powerhouses

Edit: I allso updated strategic industry at the same time I downloaded this so it might be that but it dont say that it changes tile yield for coastal tiles and resources.

the new costal tile improvements is very overpowered now. coastal tiles whit craps gives 12 production whit harbor and lighthouse. 10 whitout improvement. That makes any civ located near alot of water production powerhouses

Edit: I allso updated strategic industry at the same time I downloaded this so it might be that but it dont say that it changes tile yield for coastal tiles and resources.

This mod only adds +1 production to crabs +1 production to sea tiles - so you should only be seeing +2p on crabs. Likely the other mods you also have enabled.

Yeah I just tested it whitout the strategic industry mod and all I could get was 4 prod on a coastal tile whit fish on and +1 prod coastal panteon

It is something whit this mod im sure, started a new game as england whitout the strategic industri mod installed and when I build my first harbor I got 4 prod for an improved coastal tile with fish, I now have 4 harbors whit 3 lighthouses and noted that as soon as harbor nr. 4 compleated prod from an improved fish resource when from 9 to 10. I did'nt have that problem yesterday when I played, it only showed up after I updated this mod and installed strategic resourses mod

This mod only adds +1 production to crabs +1 production to sea tiles - so you should only be seeing +2p on crabs. Likely the other mods you also have enabled.
I'm having the same issue, and I have no other mods which affect tile yields.

I think the problem is that the mod tells the game to add 1 production to coastal tiles but not what coastal tiles so it just adds them to them all.
Now im not a modder but I would say the problem is in this line:

<ModifierType>MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER</ModifierType>

but I dunno really

I had the same issue, and I think I may have found the problem.

Current (adds production to all cities everywhere):
<DistrictModifiers>
<Row>
<DistrictType>DISTRICT_HARBOR</DistrictType>
<ModifierId>HARBOR_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<DistrictType>DISTRICT_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD</DistrictType>
<ModifierId>ROYALDOCKYARD_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION</ModifierId>
</Row>
</DistrictModifiers>

Modified (only adds production to the city that just built the harbor):
<DistrictModifiers>
<Row>
<ModifierId>HARBOR_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION_MODIFIER</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>ROYALDOCKYARD_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION_MODIFIER</ModifierId>
</Row>
</DistrictModifiers>

After checking the XML files and the Log files, it looks like whenever a new harbor is created it first attaches the increased production modifier to the new harbor, then searches out all other cities and adds production to them as well (It was throwing an error and couldn't find the "REQUIRES_CITY_HAS_HARBOR" requirement). That way every time a new harbor is built, all coastal cities have the tile production increased by 1.

I fixed it by essentially removing what maule suggested, by skipping the "MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER" section. It should now hopefully behave similar to the Watermill and how that affects rice / wheat tiles.

I have only tested it for all of about 10 minutes but it seems to work better, not sure if it's fixed entirely (and doesn't appear to affect already modified ocean tiles from existing saves).

I had the same issue, and I think I may have found the problem.

Current (adds production to all cities everywhere):
<DistrictModifiers>
<Row>
<ModifierId>HARBOR_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>ROYALDOCKYARD_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION</ModifierId>
</Row>
</DistrictModifiers>

Modified (only adds production to the city that just built the harbor):
<DistrictModifiers>
<Row>
<ModifierId>HARBOR_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION_MODIFIER</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>ROYALDOCKYARD_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION_MODIFIER</ModifierId>
</Row>
</DistrictModifiers>

After checking the XML files and the Log files, it looks like whenever a new harbor is created it first attaches the increased production modifier to the new harbor, then searches out all other cities and adds production to them as well (It was throwing an error and couldn't find the "REQUIRES_CITY_HAS_HARBOR" requirement). That way every time a new harbor is built, all coastal cities have the tile production increased by 1.

I fixed it by essentially removing what maule suggested, by skipping the "MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER" section. It should now hopefully behave similar to the Watermill and how that affects rice / wheat tiles.

I have only tested it for all of about 10 minutes but it seems to work better, not sure if it's fixed entirely (and doesn't appear to affect already modified ocean tiles from existing saves).

Yep - it was attaching the modifier to every instance of harbor to all cities. I've fixed the issue and updated the package. Just overwrite the old mod and should fix. Savegame compatible.

Last edited:
This is a great mod, especially the new tweak policies.
I must say I enjoy civ6 much more with these new tweak. The game feel more 'natural' to say the least.

some people said strategic resources are scarce except horses. and that makes harder balance.
how do you think?

How about adding 'Maintenance="1"' to warriors and slingers to reduce the AI spam at the start (it's in the units.xml file), so they cost 1g each turn to have.

credit to @Littlebob86

A couple of questions.

1) How is this mod working?

2) Is it compatible with Gedemon's map pack?

Thanks for the help!

Yep - it was attaching the modifier to every instance of harbor to all cities. I've fixed the issue and updated the package. Just overwrite the old mod and should fix. Savegame compatible.

Is it save game compatible? I still have 26 production on my coastal tiles even with the new version. Does it just prevent the number from going up further?

Is it save game compatible? I still have 26 production on my coastal tiles even with the new version. Does it just prevent the number from going up further?

It will only prevent it going up further for your current game, unfortunately. The modifiers get locked in when they are triggered.

This is a great mod, especially the new tweak policies.
I must say I enjoy civ6 much more with these new tweak. The game feel more 'natural' to say the least.

Thank you, and I agree! Started a new game with the latest version and for the first time I felt like I was going in a strategic direction (ie science focus, growth etc.) There is still a lot more work to be done though.

Top Bottom