[MOD] Civ3 Evolution - Atlantean Chronicles

The problem mythusmage has is with the sub bug - that bug which causes the AI to go to war when it bumps into an invisible unit. Because he's set the unit to explore, the AI is moving it for him, and when it bumps into an invisible unit and he tells it not to attack, the AI doesn't know what to do.

Not the case in this case. The AI had a unit next to my capital and apparently the peasant units housed there were going to move out of the city and start building roads. Guess who just happened to be in the way?

LOL!

Ok then I have a suspition, it may be caused by having the Peasants be artillery units with no attack and defense, suppose the game engine doesnt quite understand it.

Can anyone confirm this may be the problem?
I can change the Peasants back to weak offensive units, they have to be either offensive or artillery or the AI is unlikely to upgrade them to Settlers. Lots of Peasants so that change will take some time.

Thanks Blue ;)

I'll work this weekend on changing the Peasants back to workers/weak offensive units, to see if that fixes the bug reported by mythusmage, and I think the Atlanteans need a bit of tweaking because they became too powerfull in my last test game, they reached the 2nd age in less than 100 turns.

Still it was a very fun play test :)

Here's the latest patch, I've changed the Peasant units hoping it fixes mythusmage's reported bug. I've also tweaked the scenario a bit, the Hellene's starting cities have been changed, they now have cities in Thessaly which is a bit more realistic, it puts them even closer to the Achaeans though, and the Thracians have been given Aigai, which location was controlled by Illyrian and Thracian tribes before the Dorians got there anyway.

The Atlanteans are a bit weaker now, though I already set up their lower Nile colonies in preparation for the next beta version. I've played with them a bit, but im posting this update so you can help with the play balancing ;)

Attachments

• Beta v2.4.rar
    242.5 KB · Views: 61
See thumbnail below for details.

Addendum: Now would AT_all.pcx be the one I'm looking for?

Attachments

• ATL_all.jpg
    ATL_all.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 70
I think that should be for the Atlantean LH, but I believe I included every file a few patches back. Did you by any chance did a clean install of the mod and forgot one of the patches?

See thumbnail below for details.

Addendum: Now would AT_all.pcx be the one I'm looking for?

I've just confirmed in my living room pc, I have installed the mod here using the same files I uploaded, yea I downloaded all the patches instead of doing a LAN transfer LOL

I have both AT_all.pcx and ATL_all.pcx, the ATL one is for the Atlantean LH, you sure you didnt forget patch v2.2?

I've just confirmed in my living room pc, I have installed the mod here using the same files I uploaded, yea I downloaded all the patches instead of doing a LAN transfer LOL

I have both AT_all.pcx and ATL_all.pcx, the ATL one is for the Atlantean LH, you sure you didnt forget patch v2.2?

Turns out I did. Now downloading.

Update: Also patch 2.1. (Note to self: Remember to download all the patches)

dont forget you'll have to install in order, so if you install 2.1 (overwriting files) you should install 2.2 and the following ones after to make sure you have the latest files.

I do plan to release the whole updated mod in a single rar eventually, but only when the middle-eastern civs are playable. I'll work on the African ones now, dont have many units to add since most of them are already added, just need to update their stats, and then im thinking on adding Egyptian-looking improvements to all the african civs.

Forgot to mention I removed the Alpine trait from all the Javelin units, so right now only the Inca unit has it, and the Amerindian Scout and all the Peasants of course.

Hi guys!

I begun working on the city improvements for the middle-eastern culture group (includes africa) last weekend, shouldnt take too long, borrowed a bunch of graphics from Rob's Anno Domini :) Then I have to update the African civs' unit lineup and I'll rease a new patch with it, and keep adding patches as I upgrade more eastern civ's lineups and make them playable.

I want your opinion on wether you prefer I release the next patch with Libyans, Nubians and Egyptians as a patch, or as a complete pack so you dont need the previous patches? The list of patches is getting long and new beta testers may be a bit confused by it, and if there's a good time to make a new pack is with the beggining of beta 3 since its likely to have many further patches as I add new playable civs and correct possible bugs. In beta 4 we'll see the Indian civs, and beta 5 the oriental ones, so it may be a good idea to release each new beta in a full pack, but it will be a big download.

And merry christmas and happy new year everyone!

I want your opinion on wether you prefer I release the next patch with Libyans, Nubians and Egyptians as a patch, or as a complete pack so you dont need the previous patches? The list of patches is getting long and new beta testers may be a bit confused by it, and if there's a good time to make a new pack is with the beggining of beta 3 ... so it may be a good idea to release each new beta in a full pack, but it will be a big download.
Even a complete pack split into two downloads - biq separate from files is common - is better than multiple patches. IMHO any time there are more than two patches it's time for a reorganization. At minimum combine the patches.

Yep, I agree. Beta 3 will be a new pack then, and I'll change organization so the patches for beta 3 wont need the previous versions, meaning when v3.2 is released, 3.1 will no longer be required, so new testers will need 3.0 and then 3.2 only.

Hope to have it ready this weekend :)

Just to let you know, if no bugs are found Beta 3 is ready!
I havent uploaded yet because I was gifted with a game crashing bug and took half an hour to solve it, then I only had 10 minutes to start inicial playtesting, hope I get some more time today for that so I can upload it.

I'll release a patch first, for those of you who have downloaded every one. Its ready and it will be quicker upload. But later this week when I have more time I'll release the whole pack as Beta 3.

In this patch 4 new civs will be added, the Libyans, Egyptians, Nubians and Sabaeans. All African since I consider the Sabaeans in south-Arabia African, they'll all have access to the Amun-Ra religion since they're close to Egypt, and it will be the only religion with included Temple they get until Islam.

Most buildings I added will be used for the remaining Middle-eastern civs I have to add, except the Caananites which will get some different ones. So future patches with new civs shouldnt take too long, its just a matter of updating unit lineups and add a few more wonders.

Ok, played for close to one hour, catched a few bugs and some things I forgot ;)
Hope there's no show stoping bugs now, so here's the patch.

Its still a bit big because it includes the african civs necessary leaderheads. A much bigger one will come soon, that includes all previous patches if you dont want to look for them all, but not before sunday.

If you feel like trying to play with a different civ, I sugest the Egyptians. I thought of placing them on a locked war with Atlantis as well, but decided not too because im hopping both civs survive a long time while the Achaeans are sort of meant to be wiped out by a possible Atlantean-Hellene gang.

Still, the Egyptians should feel the need to capture Heliopolis because its the closest source of Copper, and Tanis so they have access to the Mediterranean. Also unique to them (or whoever captures their cities) is a Nile Harbor improvement that allows resources to be connected between their 4 starting cities in the Nile, without having to build a road. They should also find some Horses so they can build their first Chariot after researching Marksmanship, and they are also the only civ so far to have two different Chariots.

The Libyans by the way are allied with the Atlanteans, like they were according to Plato. So if the Egyptians do decide to attack one of them, or get attacked, they'll have to deal with both. And since the Libyans, Nubians and Sabaeans have been given nomadic traits, beware of their hidden nationality Javelin warriors early in the game. :)

Check the webpage for updated information on the African civs, their unit lineups and city improvements/wonders.

And happy new year! :king:

I actually had that planed, but megaupload stoped working for no reason, and I wasnt able to upload the latest version of the whole thing.

And a few weeks ago I had an unfortunate event, I forgot to make backups of my mod's folder along with stuf I had downloaded that I would use eventually, before I formated my system.. :(

I was giving up on the mod when I realised that, but remembered I had installed it in my living room media center, so I didnt loose it all, just some usefull stuff I had downloaded and possibly a few changes I might have done after that installation, need to check that.

So for now I would welcome a sugestion for a place to upload around 500mb, I havent done anywork in the mod since January or February, but I may get back to it if I conclude the data loss wasnt severe.

Top Bottom