1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod Component Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by TheLopez, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

I would like to see a Canal improvement. Where you can build a canal with workers accross a small junction of land.

-It would allow ships to pass 1 hex per turn.
    -Perhaps limit it to 3 or 4 hexes max.
    -Must be within cultural borders.
    -May even need to be attached to a city. Or have a city within so many Hexes of all Canal Hexes.

Would love to see use of the canal be attached to the diplo trading screen so you could sell access. But Open Borders would suffice if it were in the confines of cultural borders.

2. shanepg

shanepg Chieftain

Raze city states...

I'm sure it's been done but I can't find it... Can anyone direct me to a Mod that enables the razing of city states? And/or Capital cities?

3. Don Promillo

Don Promillo Chieftain

Is there a mod for CIV V "dotmaps"? Like in CIV 4 BUG Mod and others? If not: why :cry:

4. Mopums

Mopums Chieftain

Hello all Civ fans. I though of the idea of Army, Naval, and Air bases. Like you could keep said amount of land units in the army base, said amount of naval, and said amount in air. And you would also be able to produce either army,navy,or air units in the specified base. Oh and also it would be cool to have nuclear silos like in real life. You could also be able to produce nuclear missles at the silos. I don't like taking up my cities pro. to make missles when i could be doing buildings, its a thought. I wish I had the skill to do it my self but I guess that is what this thread is for right!

5. daviiadams

daviiadams Prince

I've got a mod ready for this sort of thing. Can't do everything you've listed, but it covers air and missile bases.

Unfortunately, there appears to be an issue uploading mods at the moment, so until someone somewhere sorts it (or tells me how to fix it!) I've no idea when I'll be able to put it up :(

6. Mopums

Mopums Chieftain

Ahh! I want itt hahaha, please put it up as soon as possible!! I would defintely download your mod!

7. danielshannon

danielshannon Warlord

I was wondering if there was any mod that added a dog or a wolf unit to the game.

8. israeli123123

israeli123123 Chieftain

>: hi guys can some one help me close some technologies untill ww2 time<helpme>: like before jetfighter and sam anti air<helpme>: like i think mini mode:eek:

9. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

Would like to see a mod that shows the Cultural Outline Border of your current city in city view. Currently if you are trying to decide to sell the city or decide if you want to puppet city there is nothing that says these are the actual hexes you are going to gain or lose. A simple line that shows the current cultural borders would be awesome. IS that Silk in the city or not?

Also a City Overview Button that allows you to get to the economic overview screen from the cityview screen, (the one that shows all of the cities and what their current projects are and current gold etc). When I see that one of the national wonders is available and I am trying to decide if I want to build in the current city or another currently I believe I need to close out of City View then open the Economic Overview through the top left menu.

Also to add to my Canal request. Bridge/ Tunnels/ Chunnels that can span one or two hex shallow water hexes. Also Mountain Passes in the form of roads that can be built over mountains at a huge cost.

Airports to be able to move ground units by flight!

Econimic Sanctions that allow you to remove either an Open Borders, Research Agreement or Trade Agreement after Denouncing an Opponent.

EDIT: 1/31/12 I would love to see an Automate Worker but stay on the same freekin' CONTINENT option. Late game when just about every city has improvements built I usually put my workers on automate. As soon as I conquer something overseas they all jump into the ocean and get picked off one by one!

All of those Civ 4 automation options would be awesome. Stay near this city. Don't remove trees, don't remove old improvements, only improve trade network etc.

10. danieladler

danieladler Warlord

I would love to see a mod that makes multiplayer turnbased. I have seen one that does this, but only for human players. One for human players AND AI would be grand.

11. XiaoHu

XiaoHu Chieftain

Any word on a tech trading mod?? Please tell me that some wonderful person is working on this...

12. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Hold on, there. The expansion just announced tech stealing, so.

13. XiaoHu

XiaoHu Chieftain

Yeah, I heard that you'll be able to steal tech. Good that's returning. Still would like a tech trading mod, though. :king:

14. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Oh, so an expansion has been announced?

15. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Yep. New subforum here

16. Snoopaloop

Snoopaloop King

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but

I am looking for some type of mod, that will pick a random name from my and the AI's city lists each time a city is settled. I never build more than 3-5 of my own cities, so I always see the same cities over and over. Does anyone know of one, or know how I would go about doing this?

17. Nutty

Nutty Deity

Have you seen this thread? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=439082

EDIT: Just for fun, I built it. But with mine, the capital will still remain the first entry.

EDIT #2: A download link is in my signature.

18. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

I would like to see something that allows you to quickly see which CS's are open for peace. In the current game I am in, Oda will not let me out of the current war even though I am kicking his ass. But he started with like 8 - 10 CS's allied to him. Now there are about 5 or 6 other Civs that are vying for those CS's and it is getting very convoluted. Each turn I can get upwards of 10 notifications that this CS is allied to that etc. Difficult to pick them all out amongst the declarations or war and peace that go along with each.

Perhaps a Yellow War sysmbol next to the name of the CS in the Diplomatic Corner rather then red... or something.

Seems easy enough to do.

19. toge

toge Chieftain

im looking for a mod that allows you to move citizens between cities, is there one out there if not would someone be willing to make it?

20. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

(See here)