Mod Component Request Thread

A plea from all those in this thread: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1139488&posted=1#post1139488

We beg of you, oh great and powerful modders...PLEASE enable animations for us in multiplayer! It would be a blessing from up above to not have to wait for a patch for this!!!

(my girlfriend has been telling me to get a refund for it unless something like this surfaces, on top of it all--she refuses to play it like this!)

/beg :(
Your girlfriend likes playing Civ games? Wow, you've found a keeper there, marry her before another Civ fan snaps her up! My GF wouldn't play Civ if her life depended on it!

A mod that tries to replicate the experience from Call to Power 2!
Many more civs to choose from mod.
Many more resources to choose from mod.
Many more techs (with lower requirements for each) to choose from mod.

Mine is a combination Request/To do list-in no particular order ;).

1) Expand the types of City-States in the Game & slightly modify their abilities:

Militaristic: bonus XP from your barracks & grant ground units to their allies.
Cultural: bonus culture to Theaters, culture from trade routes if allied.
Agricultural: bonus food to granaries, food from trade routes if allied.
Maritime: bonus XP from harbors & grant naval units to their allies.
Scientific: bonus science to libraries, science from trade routes if allied.
Industrious: bonus to hammers from Workshop, hammers from trade routes if allied.
Mercantile: bonus gold from marketplace, bonus gold from trade routes if allied
Holy: see the discussion on Holy City-States for more ;).

2) Reduce the importance of gold in maintaining City-State influence, & instead focus on a larger number & greater variety of missions.

3) Bring back health-but have it impact on food & gold production, whereas happiness impacts on production & culture-thus preventing needless duplication of effects.

4) Have bonus & luxury resources operate in units, like strategic resources. Have all 3 resource types grant bonus yields (gold, science, hammers etc) to all cities linked to the trade network based on the number of units you have access to.

5) Major modifications to how Social Policies work-especially the issue of stacking of abilities.

Aussie.

Here are a couple of ideas:
1) Allow changing of social policies midgame. Like a "Reset policies button" or something. Have it go into anarchy for a turn or two.
2) In game clock.
3) Rework the diplomacy so you can at least ask a nation how they feel about another nation.
4) I like the idea of ranged units, but I'm not sure I like the execution. I've always pictured a tile to be like 500-1,000 square miles, so it's kinda weird to think of an archer shooting an arrow 50-100 miles.... I mean, I guess it could work with some later game units MAYBE, but it doesn't really sit well with me with archers. I think archers should be treated like auxiliary units that you embed with foot soldiers that essentially allow you to bombard a unit before attacking.

How about the ability to scroll and zoom in the tile buying screen? I'm always afraid I'm going to click the wrong one.

Never mind. Either it was always there and I missed it, or the first bug fix took care of it.

Please someone just mod out the ability to completely heal a unit from a promotion. It is not only ridiculously unrealistic in the midst of battle, but it makes for very gamey battles that are almost impossible to plan for.

I have his unit almost completely dead oh yes... Arghh magically he has a completely new unit and oh he killed me. :mad:

City defense upgrades and realism fix.

If I have planes and the enemy is still in the Stone Age, they shouldn’t be able to launch arrows or even rocks for that matter at my planes when I do a strike mission on their city. Same goes for some foot units. I have only seen it with the Pick men, but it annoys me when they throw Molotov cocktails at my dive bombing planes.

I do like the idea of a self-defending city, but… I would like to see it with more realism aspects. Let’s say that if a city is able to launch any sort of a counter attack, they will need to either have the unit garrisoned within it, or create a new building that once built can have that “self-defending” feature. And for every era, the attacks change with each upgrade.

Like let’s say as an example I discover Archery, I would then get a city option to build a defense structure that allows ONLY arrows to be shoot at 1 space away. And once I discover a tech for catapults (forgot the tech name), another building option appears that once built obsoletes the arrow defense building and then I can shoot rocks up to 2 spaces away, and so on, and so on.

I've got another one based on someones reports about the uber-powerful Longbowmen of the English.
Either their range should be cut back-in which case they should get another special ability in its place, or they shouldn't be able to fire into the ocean. Hopefully that can be modded in!

Aussie.

How about an unofficial offical mod patch to just fix the things that are not working. Such as multi monitor support, graphics glitches, slow downs, and sound card causing severe stuttering. This is just a few of the many out there already.

re longbow thing: I personally am hoping there will be a modcomp that reduces all archers to a 1-tile range attack, and MAYBE 2 for the Longbow. It's silly that Stone Age archers have a longer range than modern firearms.

I haven't read other request yet :p, but here is my request.

terraforming with workers.

the ability to change mountains to hills to plains to lakes(or ocean).

mountain tech.(early game tech)

change mountains so its useful. like given resources. but like sailing into the ocean, you have to research tech before going over the mountain with any units or use the resources by the city.

mega cities tech. (industrial era)

double the size of the radius of cities resources. but a twin city would popout next to your city hex, but you choose the hex to plant the expanded city. also should be able to be razed etc. (i'm sick of running a large empire :p, i prefer mega cities). if you can have the option of doing like 3 hex max expansion(4 including original hex)

raiders tech. (early game tech)

you get to play barbarian. where you don't have to declare war on anyone by going to war. only draw back is everyone can attack you including barbarians. also each unit killed by other civilizations. they would turn hostile and attack your civ. like a hate meter like the city states have. each unit destroy is like capturing info from your raiders. eventually they'll get the id of who is behind the raiders. also should add a button to turn raider ability on and off the units but button should be only available inside your own civ cities(change uniforms :p).

change how rifles shoot.

rifle guys should be more like bow/crossbow guys. they should be able to shoot in a straight line, even a few hex away just like them, but can't shoot over units or obstecles like them but only in a straight line, unless the target is higher than the obstetrical or unit. example rifle target is two hex away with a rifle in the way. he can't shoot the target, but if the target is on a hill or mountain, he should be able to. the range should be the same as bow/crossbow. also if shooting from say hill or mountain nothing should block the shot. unless you're on a hill and a mountain is in the way to your target. also should shot a hex farther. if you're on a mountain you should be have a adventage of shooting a 2 hex farther. hill get one hex. this would making holding high ground more important.

spy-steath-snipper girl :p hey they got deathbots why not something like this. (modern era)

basically there should be a button for stealth/invisible. once that button is press you can't shot anything for that turn. next turn you can go around killing but once you fire your weapon, becomes visible again. and everyone can attack you. make it the slightly stronger than the late game mech infantry. (make her hot :p)

better map options like more trees or alot of waters or mountains or hills etc.. should be in the map selection.

leader's traits should be separated from the civs, get better replay out of it. sick of playing one nation(my favor japan cause of their Bushido lol, second fav is aztecs)

the ability raze capture capitals city as any other city.

all i can think of for now :) thanks for anyone who makes any of it :D.

Subtiles make the production scales defining in better depth, thus resources can be furthur expanded to be more realistic.

Dividing a hexagon grid into 6 subtile triangles, and they will show up only when the detail button clicked for a specific hexagon. If the city production details opened, all its controlled hexagon grids will show up with subtile details.

So instead having only 1 banana plantation on a hexagon (size of Ohio on Huge Earth Map), players can manage 6 different activities on it.

Here's my ideas for resources ->

Bonus: Banana, Cattle, Deer, Fish, Sheep, Wheat, Rice, Corn, Crab, Pig, apple, Broccoli, Chicken, Potato, Shrimp, Squash.

Strategic: Horse, Iron, Coal, Oil, Aluminum, Uranium, Copper, Chromium, Lithium, Natural Gas.

Luxury: Cotton, Dye, Furs, Gems, Gold, Incense, Ivory, Marble, Pearls, Silk, Silver, Spices, Sugar, Whales, Wine, Stone, Tobacco, Coral, Granite, Olive, Platinum, Quartz, Salt, Tea.

Critial Strategic Minerals Article

Chromium is critical for metallurgical development, chemical military and refractory matters.

Lithium is quiet important for battery industries in our modern world, would really like to see both minerals as the Strategy Resources in CIV 5 game.

One glaring modcomp that would be nice to have is to have Notification system balls be more permanent up to when they are no longer needed. As they are now, they only are present one turn. I like them because they will take me to right spot on the map (Barbarian encampments or ancient ruins for example). I need them to still be on screen until their specific purpose is eliminated one way or another.

Serious reason why: I have low vision and need help to show me where barbarian encampment is in several turns later when I finally train a combat unit to attack that encampment, as an example. So more permanent Notification Balls would be nice.

@ armchair and tucker: some of your ideas sound like full out mods, rather than components. The larger scale ideas should be given a thread of their own for discussion.

i would be happy anyone make any bit of it :p, not a the whole thing. would be sweet to get all of it. would make the game much more fun.

hmm here is another idea, after another replay :p.

every civ should have their special ground units ability continue on the upgraded units. even if they build new ones.

for example

america minuteman - have their special with moving through rough as it was flat. all upgrades after that unit should have that ability. like from rifle through mech infantry. (if you add in snipper girl :p would be cool)

china chu ko nu - all upgrade after that should have the ability to attack twice.

rome legion- all future upgrades should have the ability work roads and forts.

well you get the idea :).

We get big negatives when our happiness is below -10 but no bonus (that is mentioned) when we're very happy. Either I'm missing something or we need a modcomp that gives us a bonus at +10 happiness (and maybe more at every +10? aka 20.. 30..)

The bonus is that the extra happiness goes in the pool towards the golden age. There's also a social policy that adds half of extra happiness towards the next social policy pool.

Another thing:
Combat Zoom back in please.

Top Bottom