1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod Component Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by TheLopez, Sep 20, 2010.

1. DeepSoul

DeepSoul Warlord

A mod that balances Universities by giving only 1 science for each jungle. Otherwise starting in jungle is OP.

2. LordProtector

LordProtector Digger

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask.

Has anyone made, or does anybody know of, a mod for changing India's UA (and perhaps city art, building etc as a bonus)? I can't find anything in the forums and I think it's surprising considering how unpopular India's current set up seems to be.

3. GiantLittleDog

GiantLittleDog Warlord

I posted this in the modpack requests thread yesterday, but I think it may actually belong in here? Anyway, could someone please make a small mod for BNW that completely removes natural wonders from the map, or alternatively gives all of them the same mediocre stats, something like 1 culture and 1 tourism? That would be awesome, because I would really like to remove this far too random element from my games.

4. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

A simple mod that changes(completely removes) the national wonder requirements while playing Venice. Not having the ability to generate any of these national wonders is extremely prejudicial and makes winning on harder difficulties basically impossible outside of very aggressive conquest. Removing the requirement, and removing the 5 nat. wonder limit per city. Pretty simple. I'd be willing to write it myself if someone could point me in the right direction about the type of code needed to override these requirements

5. itsfrankenstyle

itsfrankenstyle Chieftain

hm.... can I ask you guys for a favor?? Could you help change the requirement in some buildings like Uffizi??? I found it very hard to have 3 artworks from the same era (I play giant maps with 43 civs) after I accumulated 2 for the Sistine Chapel....

Any one has the same problem????

The ideal solution would be large (if not unlimited) amount of art works though!

6. Buridan

Buridan Chieftain

When not starting in Ancient or Classical era some wonders can never be built.
    -> A mod that places all Wonders that can never be built into randomly chosen cities (of course prioritizing cities of civs with the least amount of wonders)

7. tedoll78

tedoll78 aka 'HylianTom' :)

A (possibly) small request? How easy would it be to mod Great Persons so that their tile improvements connect luxury resources? If my Great Engineer can access the iron in the ground, he should be able to access the copper and the silver.. right?

8. RadamZee

RadamZee Chieftain

I would really like a small mod to give the Merchant of Venice its own great tile improvement called the Grand Canal. It could maybe provide a small (1 or 2 base) culture bonus as well as the usual gold bonus, but the obv. advantage would be that it would take any flat tile, and make it into a coast/lake, but with extra gold and culture along with the base 2 food.

9. Asderfut

Asderfut Chieftain

It'd be cool to see a mod for a tile improvement of a canal. It could be really expensive, like 3 gpt or something, and it would have to be built either bordering a lake, a river, a coast tile, or another canal. It would allow ships to move along (especially cargo ships) and would grant any inland city bordering it the ability to build the full range of marine buildings and units.

10. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Whowards dll Mod allowes canals more or less.
    It allowes Fort and Citadels to be passable for ships......

11. RadamZee

RadamZee Chieftain

Thanks for the suggestion gilgamesch, but I'm really looking for something to help give Venice a distinct visual look on the map. I love the way the UI's compliment their civ's visually, and help to set their territory apart from others. With the grand canal UI the city of Venice could end up putting the natural wonders to shame, and I just think Venice deserves a way to make its one real city look really exceptional.

12. makrisgialos

makrisgialos GREEK REBEL

thats my proposal.whoward69 i think can do it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=502083

the Oseberg ship
    Ötzi the Iceman
    the Antikythera mechanism
    the Phaistos Disk
    the Cyrus Cylinder
    the Mask of Agamemnon
    the stele with Hammurabi's Code
    the bust of Nefertiti

Special bonus for hidden antiquity sites,
    -OR-
    Shipreck antiquity site(on sea,coast).

I think a modder can easily do this

13. Pep

Pep King

I have several ideas that IMO would greatly enhance gameplay:
    • Enable attaching a civilian unit to a military one, so that I can select both and send them at the same speed (it should be the speed of the slower one) to a distant tile with one single click. Currently, you have to select both units each turn and then click on a nearby tile to make this possible.
    • Add a shorcut in city build queues like shift + down arrow, to place an item to the end of the queue, and shift + up arrow, to place it to the beginning.
    • When a trade route expires, highlight and center by default the previous route in the drop-down list. When the list is big it's annoying and time consuming having to search again to find the previous route.
    • Allow civilian units to cross tiles occupied by foreign military units. I think this is really a bug and reported it time ago, but it remains unpatched in BNW.
    • Allow workboats to go through owned land tiles (changing the picture, so that they look as workers, or fishermen). This way, sea resorces inside lakes or in coastal tiles unreacheable because they are surrounded by ice, could be harvested. The current code for Samurais in the Fall patch could be reused to implement it, with some tweaks (if it is in the DLL source code or in some lua file).
    • When airlifting, show the places where I can airlift to with blinking dots in the minimap.
    • When a CS requests a route, show it in the Trade Route Overview with the same icon (similar to :trade: ) as the used in the CS political window (I've read that this may have been already implemented in whoward69 modcomps that require the modded DLL, but I haven't tested it yet).
    • Change some icons in the messages queue so that you can see at a glance what action you can take, without needing to see the hover text over the message icon. As an example, CS messages always show an "Exclamation" ("!") sub icon. Change it to a gold sub icon :c5gold: when a CS seeks investors, etc.
    • When the "Merchant Navy" policy is active, show the production and culture bonuses in "East India Company" tooltip.
    • Change wonders of the world icons in the research window when a wonder has already being built (e.g. , enclosing them in a red circle).

14. Pep

Pep King

Another ideas for modcomps, useful for daydreamers, forgetful people or patients with memory issues:
    • Allow to set an alert when you have a city producing gold or science and you discover a tech that unlocks a new building.
    • Allow to set an alert when you have an idle worker and you discover a tech that reveals a new strategic resource.

Already there's a modcomp by whoward69 that allows to set an alert when you reach a certain amount of gold.

15. RadamZee

RadamZee Chieftain

I feel as though the lack of a colony option with the increases of city penalties in BNW is imbalanced. I think the game could benefit greatly from providing a secondary option when you decide to found a new city.

With the discovery of printing press you would unlock a new kind of unit called the colonist. It would be cheaper than a settler but more than a worker, and would require growth to be diverted to production like a settler.

Founding a colony would have one major requirement to fits its primary strategic function; colonies would have to be founded with a luxury or strategic resource in the immediate vicinity of the city.

A founded colony would decide based on what resource it had in its vicinity what type of colony it would become. The mechanics of the colony would be very similar to the city state in terms of how we interact as civs, but the major difference would be that the founder starts with a massive influence advantage, and a very slight bonus to the rate at which influence is lost. Instantly it would serve to provide your civ with a resource, and on top of that it would function like a city state and provide a specific small bonus. The size of that bonus would not be dependent on the era your civ is in, like city states, but rather on the population of the colony.

What type of colony you found would be determined by the resource you found the colony next to. Next to wine, spices or incense, it would be religious. Next to copper or ivory or any strategic resources would create a military colony. Next to marble, dyes, cotton, or silk would create a cultural colony. Next to whales, crabs, pearls, citrus or salt would create a seafaring colony. Lastly would be the mercantile colony which would produce special luxuries unavailable to mercantile city states. If founded near gold gems or silver it would simply make jewelry, and mercantile colonies will never produce porcelain. However if they are near furs they will produce coats, and if they are near sugar they will produce rum.

Overall I think this would balance the game, and allow for more expansion in the mid game. With the introduction of trade routes in BNW controlling resources has become a very important part of the game, and I think it would be interesting to have this new tool for controlling resources far away from your capital.

16. bladex

bladex Emperor

17. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

I have a request:

I'm looking for a mod that allows buildings to extend the attack range of cities, so they can stay on par with their ranged unit counterparts.

So if a city as an attack range of 2 tiles, then there should be a late-era building that will extend that range by +1, making the total attack range of cities to 3 tiles.

18. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Requires a DLL mod. This one does something similar for techs, but as all the logic is delegated to Lua it would be easy to change it such that a building increased the range instead of a tech

19. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

Nice... I'll take a look at it. :goodjob:

20. garlic pudding

garlic pudding Chieftain

Has anyone found a way to re-enable the United Nations HQ wonder to BNW that would trigger the transformation of the World Congress into the UN and/or give you additional votes in the UN?

I would also be looking for a way to return to the old trading post graphics (the ones from vanilla).