Mod Component Request Thread

I haven't been able to find anything describing what I would like to see. So if this has been done, please refer me and this can be deleted.

I would like to roads increase the yield for a tile depending on which improvement is built. So a farm will produce one more food, and with a road, and additional food. A trading post adds one gold to the tile, and with a road, an additional gold would be produced... etc.

I briefly looked at the xml files, but it looks like it will take more than that.

Thanks for any information,

Glenn

I like to play one city challenge from time to time and I noticed that playing like that once we "conquer" a city it gets destroyed (which is the whole point of only be able to have one city to begin with) but then if there are any wonders on that city they are lost forever.
My request would be to have a way of "Moving" the wonder to our only city somehow, maybe it could require some technology and a lot of gold or something like that. Or enable that Wonder to be constructed again (although that would defeat the point of it being a unique wonder building).

Thanks for the time and for reading.

-Risewild

Is there a mod out there that lets the player see where Wonders are built? Or even THAT they are built?

I know that the diplomacy screen lists wonders a Civ owns, but only if you've met them. And it doesn't say where. And I also know that the graphics appear on the map, but that just doesn't' cut it.

Is there a mod out there that lets the player see where Wonders are built? Or even THAT they are built?

The "Built" tab of UI - Wonder Planner shows all built wonders and the city they are in ... it always annoyed me that travellers into my lands could remember that a wonder had been built but never by whom or where!

If I understood correctly, without DLL-chaning it's not possible to increase the range of a City? :\

Correct. Despite the tempting entries in the GlobalDefines.xml file the value 37 (1 + 6 + 12 + 18 - the counts of tiles in rings 0 to 3) is hard coded into the DLL at various points. Cities reference workable plots by index, and despite the map using hexes, large chunks of the city code are still stuck in Civ 4's rectangular view of the world, and there are static arrays that map between rectangular index and hex index - all those arrays are fixed at the value 37.

Can wonders be suggested in this thread?

Here's one suggestion of a wonder from Sweden. It's a fairly popular and important Swedish/Nordic heritage site. It was also a very important industrial mine back in the day, in the 17th century, in the European context) It is also unesco world heritage site.

Great Copper Mountain (stora kopparberg, located in Falun Sweden)

+3 hammer, +3 gold, +3 culture from each copper resource worked by city.

Available from medieval era tech, probably from engineering.

what about implementing bison and cocoa into the main game?

Hi

I made a post in modpacks last time by mistake so Im trying the correct thread now and hoping for more replies ;)

Im not sure if any of this ideas already is made in to mods, or if is simple things I do myself, or if it even is possible to realize thins things, anyway, all feedback and information is appreciated :)

Here is my requests:
1. Player empire statistics of building types, improvements types, unit bonuses built in cities etc
In civ 4 atleast with some mods I could find info about how many of certain buildings I had and improvements and other things. In civ 5 this seem to be missing, making it time consuming to find this things out when I want to choose wonders to build or polices.

2. Show other civs/barbarians/city states moves in visible area.
Its annoying and time consuming that I have to backtrack where other civs moved their units all the time even when close to my cites or in areas where map is bright. Cant find any function for this ingame either as it was in civ 4.

3. Make strongest army (defense vs attacker + health) defend first when in a stack
When stacking units it seems like the unit with the strongest defense against attacker is chosen no matter how low health that unit have. This make defense when stacking pointless.

4. Possibility trade/buy/steal enemy tiles/territories.
After some time my borders start to crash in certain places or I really want a neutral tile that I cant buy in a city. I would love to get a tile here and there and after what I understand thats only possible through war or with great artist on neutral tiles.
Would be awesome to have a mod with some kind of trade/buy/steal tile options or something other creative way to get a tile. I know there is a few mods out there that let you use military influence to capture a tile but Im looking for a diplomacy/trade options.

5. Multiple workers speed up tile improvement building.
again ;), in civ 4 it was possible to use multiple workers on the same tile to speed up building improvements. This sound very logical so I hope some will make/have a mod that make this possible.

6. Make a sound when new turn start
Think there was something like this in earlier civ's. I try to do other things when I play so would be nice to get a notice when its my turn again.

7. Civilopedia scrolling/up-down/next function
Im playing with mods that adds many new techs, wonders etc and I find it time consuming to click my way to next wonder or tech or building etc.
What about a mod that add a scroll/up-down functionality to make e.g. navigation through 100 wonders quick.

8. "Click" to remove on screen pop-up messages
Im a slow reader and at the same time focusing on other things than the game. Many times I miss the onscreen pop-ups making me go through logs. To keep these messages onscreen and click through them to remove them would be awesome :D

9. Units from same tile move together
I cant even comprehend that firaxis left out something as basic as this (stop destroying great games Firaxis :p) even when it by default is only possible to stack workers/settlers with military units. Anyway I have enabled 3 units on same tile and its so annoying that I cant make units move together.

10. Auto play function
For testing purpose it would be great to make the game do turn no matter whats happening, or atleast ignore non important messages and keep going.

Mods compatible with Community Call to Power project (CCTP)
Im testing out CCTP and I like it so far, and I would like to add more mods that work well with CCTP. Im also working on a CCTP mod compatibility thread in CCTP part of forum so any experiences would be appreciated.

If you know anything about existing mods that does any of the above please share information...highly appreciated :)

Thanks again for any help :)

Check Reform and Rule. If you don't like all policy changes, you can easily delete all folders which change other policy trees ('Exploration' , 'Rationalism' and so on).

Another functionality I'm searching for:

Ice breaker/remover unit or less ice on maps
It annoys me that so much of the maps is filled up with ice. 5-6 tiles on top and bottom is completely wasted. Yeah maybe it is realistic but I dont play games for realism I play for fun :)

Anyway, I think in earlier civ games there have been units that can remove ice, where is the counterpart in civ 5?

I found this mod but it dont seem to work with all the maps. Any other mod that do the same?

Another functionality I'm searching for:

Ice breaker/remover
It annoys me that so much of the maps is filled up with ice. 5-6 tiles on top and bottom is completely wasted. Yeah maybe it is realistic but I dont play games for realism I play for fun :)

Anyway, I think in earlier civ games there have been units that can remove ice, where is the counterpart in civ 5?

You can make ice passable for units.

yeah, but it would be cooler and look better if I could remove it :scan:

You can always use IGE or look at the features IGE uses to do that and create a little mod with that. But since the game isnt updating the grafik, you would to reload the game every time you changed a tile....

I would like to request a Native American religious building, as we have pagodas for eastern religions, mosques for Islam and cathedrals and monastaries for western religions. Why not something for Native Americans?

I don't see why not as long as it's choosable when founding/enhancing a religion like the others are.

Top Bottom