Mod Component Request Thread

1) a mod to switch off militaristic city states. Their unit-giving spam is really overpowered in my opinion, and I usually end up with a huge army I don't want but also don't want to give away.
Just use City State Selection, and uncomment the lines for all the militaristic city states:
Almaty, Budapest, Belgrade, Hanoi, M'banza-Kongo, Sidon, Sofia, Valletta

2) a mod to bring back Civ 3's army-group from a great general (being able to stack 3 or 4 units together that move and fight as one unit.
This gets requested every so often. This was the last attempt I'm aware of, but AFAIK it was never finished.

Just use City State Selection, and uncomment the lines for all the militaristic city states:
Almaty, Budapest, Belgrade, Hanoi, M'banza-Kongo, Sidon, Sofia, Valletta

This gets requested every so often. This was the last attempt I'm aware of, but AFAIK it was never finished.

Oh fantastic, thank you very much.

Would love to see two mods in particular

1) a mod to switch off militaristic city states. Their unit-giving spam is really overpowered in my opinion, and I usually end up with a huge army I don't want but also don't want to give away.

I thought that we could choose an option from the options menu when we click on the city state for them to stop sending us troops :confused: or was it added on one of the expansions?

I also usually just gift those units to other city states to help them protect themselves from barbarians or other civs :mischief:

can someone make/or is there a mod that allows you to take all of a civs cities and not get the whole world hate you? sometimes my neighbor just won't shut up trash talking and i just want him to go away after taking their cities. :p

can someone make/or is there a mod that allows you to take all of a civs cities and not get the whole world hate you? sometimes my neighbor just won't shut up trash talking and i just want him to go away after taking their cities. :p

There's a less warmonger hate mod on steam workshop here, it's pretty good.

PS: Another mod request from me, a mod for EPIC speed that brings all build costs back to the same as it is at NORMAL speed.

I think a more spies one would be nice. I looked around Steam and didn't find one BNW compatible, so if anyone here could point me to one that'd be great.

There's a less warmonger hate mod on steam workshop here, it's pretty good.

PS: Another mod request from me, a mod for EPIC speed that brings all build costs back to the same as it is at NORMAL speed.

already used that it doesn't do it even the author says it.

I usually like to follow a civ's religious preference when I play, which often involves looking that information up on my other monitor once I get a prophet.
Would it be possible for a mod to highlight the religious preference in the Found a Religion screen, to make things simpler?

Hey guys. Im searching for a guy who can make WWI style trenches for me. They would give all Infantry units in there a huge defensive bonus and great war infantry gets even a bigger bonus. all artillery units and tanks get an attack bonus against trenches. i want trenches because i want to have something like a WWI and dont want to use fortresses. all infantry units and workers can build trenches. can somebody do this for me pls?

Is there a mod that removes all world wonders (those only one player may build) from the tech-tree? Otherwise, could someone script such a mod or direct me to the relevant files I would need to mod?

Is there a mod that removes all world wonders (those only one player may build) from the tech-tree?
You could make a relatively simple SQL mod, using the following SQL code:
Code:
DELETE FROM Buildings WHERE BuildingClass IN (SELECT Type FROM BuildingClasses WHERE MaxPlayerInstances = -1);
DELETE FROM BuildingClasses WHERE MaxPlayerInstances = -1;

--Resequence IDs to prevent issues after making database deletions:
CREATE TABLE BldgsRemap ( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, Type TEXT );
INSERT INTO BldgsRemap (Type) SELECT Type FROM Buildings ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Buildings SET ID = (SELECT BldgsRemap.id-1 FROM BldgsRemap WHERE Buildings.Type = BldgsRemap.Type);
DROP TABLE BldgsRemap;
UPDATE sqlite_sequence SET seq = (SELECT COUNT(ID) FROM Buildings)-1 WHERE name = 'Buildings';
CREATE TABLE BldClassRemap ( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, Type TEXT );
INSERT INTO BldClassRemap (Type) SELECT Type FROM BuildingClasses ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE BuildingClasses SET ID = (SELECT BldClassRemap.id-1 FROM BldClassRemap WHERE BuildingClasses.Type = BldClassRemap.Type);
DROP TABLE BldClassRemap;
UPDATE sqlite_sequence SET seq = (SELECT COUNT(ID) FROM BuildingClasses)-1 WHERE name = 'BuildingClasses';

Note, if you don't want to mess around with ModBuddy, you could use this mod, and add the above code to Sql\MySqlChanges.sql]

I would love a quick mod that let you change the number of settlers you start with. I really just want to start with 2.

Hi everybody, I'm looking for a way to make improvements obsolete, like for example, adding obsoletetech to the builds table.

I hope someone of you is interested in creating something like this or can suggest me a mod that already do that.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Hello,

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread. It's the closest thing I could find. I'm looking for a means to adjust the hex grid appearance. I haven't been able to find anything even close while searching for an existing mod.

I'd just like to have the grid displayed, but faintly. Perhaps with finer lines. Any help finding/creating/tweaking something like this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi everybody, I'm looking for a way to make improvements obsolete, like for example, adding obsoletetech to the builds table.

Only way I can think of doing this without modding the DLL is to create an un-researchable tech which is the prereq tech for the associated build. Then, when the player researches the real prereq tech (use the TeamTechResearched event) you give them the un-researchable tech and then when they reach the obsolete tech you take it away again

Hi Whoward! If you consider it worth the effort I leave to you the decision of doing it with LUA or by modding the DLL, but, since there's no hurry, you could include it in your "to do" list for future DLL modifications (I can wait :)).

For now, I created workers upgrade for almost each era, so that the more advanced worker can't build the same improvements of the ancient one. It seems to work, clearly a more direct way would be better, so I wrote here, but, as I said, there's no hurry.

Thanks for your time!

My DLL has had support for what you want to do since v30 - via the plot events

Code:
    <!-- Events sent by plots (v30) -->
    <!--   GameEvents.PlayerCanBuild.Add(function(iPlayer, iUnit, iX, iY, iBuild) return true end) -->
    <!--   GameEvents.PlotCanImprove.Add(function(iX, iY, iImprovement) return true end) -->
    <!--   GameEvents.PlayerBuilding.Add(function(iPlayer, iUnit, iX, iY, iBuild, bStarting) end) (v46) -->
    <!--   GameEvents.PlayerBuilt.Add(function(iPlayer, iUnit, iX, iY, iBuild) end) (v46) -->
    <!-- See also: "Improvement - Pontoon Bridge" -->
    <Row Class="3" Name="EVENTS_PLOT" Value="0"/>

Top Bottom