[MOD] Composite Mod by Exavier

I need some help installing the mod. I've put the files where directed in the readme, and it does show in Advanced/load mod, I select it and restart the game, but it does not show up. Do I need to put the .ini file somplace else, or is the mod for the the patched version?

Oops. I am not thinking straight today. I am wrong.

jlindy said:
I need some help installing the mod. I've put the files where directed in the readme, and it does show in Advanced/load mod, I select it and restart the game, but it does not show up. Do I need to put the .ini file somplace else, or is the mod for the the patched version?

Extract the contants of the zipped file to:
My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS

It should end up being:
My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Composite Mod by Exavier

Personally, I shortened the name to "Composite Mod" (renamed the folder). And that's it ... it should work straight out of the box.

jlindy said:

You do need to have the patch for the mod to function... But when the game restarts after selecting it the only indication you will have that the mod is running is it will say "Composite Mod" in the upper right corner of the menu screen.

Exavier said:
You do need to have the patch for the mod to function... But when the game restarts after selecting it the only indication you will have that the mod is running is it will say "Composite Mod" in the upper right corner of the menu screen.

Thanks, Guess I'll just have to go through the torture of downloading the patch
( I'm on dialup.... arrrrrgh!).

Also, how about the religious victory thingy (forgot where it is:()? That looks cool (seeing as too how I always try to convert everyone to hindu [the religion I always get and want]).

The Condor said:
Also, how about the religious victory thingy (forgot where it is:()? That looks cool (seeing as too how I always try to convert everyone to hindu [the religion I always get and want]).

I'm not entirely sure I want to be forced to play with religious victory conditions..

Perhaps if you're planning on making drastic changes then several flavours of the mod should be released... Although it would make for a pain when updating :/

JohnSearle said:
I'm not entirely sure I want to be forced to play with religious victory conditions..

Perhaps if you're planning on making drastic changes then several flavours of the mod should be released... Although it would make for a pain when updating :/
Then you can just click off that victory type:rolleyes:.

The Condor said:
Then you can just click off that victory type:rolleyes:.

Does the mod actually add the changes to the game creation interface? 'Cause I wouldn't doubt as it is you just run the mod and it's implied that your planning on using the victory conditions... The way you're describing you'd probably have to add the option and make the appropriate changes. I dunno though...

-- John

I dunno either. I am pretty sure though it would allow you to click off that victory type even if your running that mod or maybe you can ask Exavier if he releases a mod with it where its files are so you can delete it.

Great work Exavier. Not to nag or anything, but do you have an ETA for your next release? I'd love to have the advisor and pedia mods bundled into the composite. much less painful than placing individual files here and there and hoping for the best.

Sounds really good - it'll be one of my first downloads once I have the game but can I just say that (don't know if this has been posted before) that "Tactical ICBM" seems a bit of an odd name choice - I'd use Short Range Nuclear Missile or Tactical Nuke as what you're basicaly implying with Tactical ICBM is that its a "short ranged intercontinental missile". Then again maybe its just me. Other than that one name I think it look ausume though like I said so well done and thank you.

@Draxx - Not planning another release untill after Xmas... 2 busy in RL to work on it much atm. After Xmas though i will have plenty of time. Sometimes i hate the Holidays :p

@Phoenix - Well the reason i went with Tactical ICBM is because its a low yeild ICBM. Making a short range missle atm is imposible as the range settings are hard coded. So I made an ICBM that has no collateral blast (it only damages things on the target square).

Technily the Tactical part of a RL nuke just means that its a low yield weapon designed for sergical strikes. :p

@Condor - Dono if i will add the religion victory... especially if i can't deselect it because i don't really play anything but conquest :p

Top Bottom