[MOD]Dawn of a New Era

Also have you changed the hurry building with gold to only reduce by one turn?
Yes, i have changed it.
Now, the hurry building permits to have +35% of hammers production.
That's why if you don't have any carpenters, you will not see any changes.
We thought this system was more realistic.
If you like I could also work on your english translation.
As you noted it, I am bad in english :(. We have really good teachers in France... :p !
I agree that you help me ;). If you want, whenever you find a bad translation you could write it and give me a better translate.
How long do you think we have to wait for 2.0?
I think i will launch it in July, but it will be a good version.

It is again an old post, i forgot to update it. But in the following version, we will able to see, in the game, how to have the next era.

For the third era, you must :

- turns >= 300 and number of your colonies >= 5 and rebel percent >= 45%
- turns = 360
- declare revolution

Here Is a polished version of your 1.35 Text Folder.

View attachment Text.rar

Feel free to add it to your 1.35 mod. I have only changed the english translation so you should be able to copy over your 1.35 text folder and replace the current files :)

I would be happy to give 2.0 the same treatment when it is finished.

Hope this helps Great Mod :)

Good work! Fast and efficient!
I cried when I saw some of my mistakes. :cry:
I would be happy to give 2.0 the same treatment when it is finished.
Yes, it would be great! I really think it would be better for you to play with a correct translate.
Hope this helps Great Mod :)
You can be sure ;)

Next time if you can also correct the other languages (german, italian, spain), only when they are in an English translation, it would be nice :p.

Good work! Fast and efficient!
I cried when I saw some of my mistakes. :cry:

Next time if you can also correct the other languages (german, italian, spain), only when they are in an English translation, it would be nice :p.

hehe no worries mostly they were just silly mistakes I was able to follow what you were saying.

Oh yeah sorry about the other languages I didn't look at those bits I just searched for the english tags. For 2.0 I will make sure that I copy paste any changes over any other english parts I find :).

Look Forward to 2.0 :)

Hi looking forward to trying out 2.0 :)

I was wondering if you thought about adding a builders wagon, that can help you to rush construction of a building. I think it would be cool as I found myself occasionally struggling to get a small colony what it needed because of the rush having little effect but being able to transfer construction ability from one town to another would be really useful I think.

Hi looking forward to trying out 2.0 :)
He, he, this following version will be the bigger, so i understand you.
about adding a builders wagon, that can help you to rush construction of a building
We already thought to this problem. But we found an other solution but i will not implement it for the following version.
Currently, lumberjacks give lumbers, carpenters use lumbers to do our construction. I would like, lumberjacks give tree trunks, then carpenters transform tree trunks to lumbers and can use it to do our construction. We could choose (with a percentage) between make lumbers and to do our construction.
So if an other colony give us lumbers, carpenters can totally work for the buildings.
It will be a kind of rush construction.

Hi Lib.Spi't,

Your idea is similar to that we had several months ago with M07.

I would add that we still think about the concept, but anyway, we thought this use permit from era 2 or 3 (to represent the era of colonization that really begins).

This function is not yet on the agenda because of all the projects we have.

Hello everyone!
Expected by some, unknown by others, I present you Dawn of a New Era v.2.00!
Download here!

In this big version, you will find many changes.
I will then briefly present the main lines:
- Europe has been completely renovated and is composed of 4 screens (instead of ... 1).
- Trade with Indians has been completely redone.
- New resources were added.
- Pirates will torment you the game (thanks Kailric for your pirates units)
- The system of exploration was changed
Dazio will put the changelog when he has finished writing it. (A big list :D)

Nop, it not a bug! You can activate the DoaNE Tutorial in the option.

To found a coastal colony, your unit must be near your ship.
Indeed, in your ship you can see a builder pack (write in blue). This builder pack allows you to found a colony coastal.

Good Game ;)!

Some questions to help me:
- Do you use Windows XP, Vista, Seven?( I tried XP and seven and there was not pb).
- Did you install official patch?
- Have you already played a previous version of DoaNE?

I have compiled the log files and a "normal" dump file created by the game and attached it to this post.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and last version of the game (latest patch).

When I start the game I go to "Custom Game" and do not change anything. I just click start and a random nation is given to me. I then move the ship until it hasnt got any more movement. Then I click end turn and it crashes.

Hope you are able to fix it!

Gomer,

Attachments

• GomerPyleColonizationLogs.zip
    2 MB · Views: 132
In MPlog.txt, there are lines like that
Code:
Rand = -1446288487 on 50 (random  Process)
That's means, the value of my rand is -1446288487. But there are hundreds of line like that ...
So, it is normal the game crashed.
However, I don't know why you have this problem (maybe the version ultimate of windows).
Can you test it with an other computer?

Hmm. I have deleted the mod and installed it again and changed some settings. And running as Windows XP compatible. Now it works. I guess it is the last one with XP compability.

Well it works anyways. Now I will play and test it. :D

But please give it MP support in the future. MP is sooooo fun in colonization. :D

Top Bottom