1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Webrider

Webrider Prince

How is multiplayer now? Stable?

2. Youri Andropov

Youri Andropov Chieftain

Patch m: I've had an OOS around turn 130... Multiplayer is still broken.

3. Webrider

Webrider Prince

turn 130 before first oos is pretty good. Any time a major event like a golden age or something world changing seems to have the ability to OOS beyond the sword not just any particular mod.
    I'm used to fighting through those type events.

4. crazy_achmed

crazy_achmed Chieftain

Is it possible to make the "rites of oghma" capable to create new nodes on (unimproved) forrest (especialy old forrests) too? Now it just creates new nodes on unimproved tiles without forrests.

5. Youri Andropov

Youri Andropov Chieftain

No, OOS are specific to FFH2, I've never seen OOS with vanilla BtS.

6. Lindis

Lindis Chieftain

I've been having a problem getting my copy of FfH 2 to work. I've got the latest version right from the first page of this thread, the most up-to-date version of BtS, and all the patches for both of them. However, whenever I install FfH, I have to change the directory in the installer, like in the OP, with the only change being that, since I'm running Vista, I chance Program Files to Program Files (x86). When the game has installed, I try to run it by clicking on the icon in the FfH folder, and it tells me

"C:\program files\firaxis games\sid meier's civilization 4\civilization4.exe the specified path does not exist"

which is true, it doesn't, I've got the game installed in program files x86 in steam\steamapps etc. I've tried starting the vanilla game and loading the mod through advanced -> load a mod, but the game just goes to desktop like normal, then crashes instead of loading the mod. I bet the problem has to do with the weird path I've got the game in, and I was wondering if there were a way of telling the mod exactly where the game is actually located.

Also if this is the wrong thread for this, let me know and I'll pack my bags. I love this mod a whole lot and played it tons on my other computer, but I really want it on my laptop so I can play on the couch. Thanks in advance!

edit: I tried going into the Fall From Heaven 2 shortcut properties and changing the path there, which pointed to the above incorrect folder, to what I thought was the correct one, and that seemed to work. I didn't get the above error message, the game would begin, then I'd get an error message that said "mods\Fall from Heaven 2 023 is not a valid mod, discarding", and the vanilla game would begin.

7. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Are you sure, that you have the right version? 023 was the version for civ without any addons, it's not the version for BtS.

8. Lindis

Lindis Chieftain

If that solves the problem, I shall be quite angry with myself. Trying it now. Thanks!

9. Lord Blade

Lord Blade Chieftain

I seem to have a problem with money and holy cities.

First off, for Holy Cities... when a second civ researches that same religion, the holy city suddenly becomes a normal city with just the religion in it.
    Seemed to happen for every religion.

And then there's the money.
    When looking at scores, and then experimenting with the editor (the ctrl-w thing) I found that ALL civs seem to have the same amount of money for some reason.
    Everyone has the money that the player does.

Now is this just an issue of trying to use the editor on the mod?
    Or a very serious issue?

10. RobertMoon

RobertMoon Chieftain

The AI improvements are amazing! I used to be able to cake-walk Deity-level games with any race. Now I'm getting my ass handed to me repeatedly. Great job on keeping the game relevant, challenging, and always interesting. :)

11. Rainbowsand

Rainbowsand Warlord

12. Glaeder

Glaeder Glaeder Ethribine Wodism

There is an event in FfH2 where you are asked to aide in a trial.
    You can convict the Husbend, the Buttler, the Garderner or say there isn't enough evidece.
    Which is the right one(or which has a concequence)?

13. Jennvare

Jennvare Prince

Hail, friends,

Just wondering something...

I've been playing both the Regular FFH2 and the FFH2-Fall Further mods. After playing Fall Further for quite a while, Im finding that I really dont like the gameplay of it. It seems so much slower than the regular FFH2. However, I do like the extra races that were included.

I was wondering if it was possible to pull these extra races into the regular FFH2.

Another thing I was noticing...

With the Infernals and Mercurians, by the time they usually get into the game, most of the land mass is already civilized and they never seem to build up or expand very quickly especially if you play on a Non-Erebus map. Can you put it in a Custom option for the Mercurians and Infernals to start in the game like any other civ? I would like to see how tough they would be with a proper kingdom. (I know I could make a scenario in the World Builder like this, but Ive not had good luck with it.)

Just some thoughts and requests! Keep up the good work!!

14. Saskatas

Saskatas Chieftain

I agree it is awesome in terms of graphics, music and fantasy. However, it is not playable. It is not that it is hard (actually most of the time it is a bit easy) but that it is totally random. The AI (in noble) sometimes is brilliant and sometimes plain stupid, sometimes an UBER powerful barbarian civ spawns and kills you in turn 3. Plain random and most of time one of the other civs is a bit more lucky than you and wins...

15. Glaeder

Glaeder Glaeder Ethribine Wodism

Look Saskatas, its the point that every game is diffrent and randomly to play.

The AI is basicly always the same (the programm doesn't change by its self ;)) and reacts on diffrent situations, in ways that might sound stupid for you, but were or are logical (or just not better makebal) to those who created them.
    About the barbarians: You'll just have to develop a strategie with which you'll avoid to get beaten in the early game(another point that makes the game interesting ;))
    And about luck... . Well you'll just don't have to count on it that you'll get lucky, but have to play so that you'll be sure to win anyway (it's always more thrilling if you are unlucky. It gives the game an extra taste)

Don't just give it up. Try to find a way to make it funny, thrilling and interesting for you.

16. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Prince

I think you should try again and adjust your tactics from vanilla-BtS to FfH-tactics.
    Play in normal speed, the mod is designed for it. Try building more warriors after a first worker or even go warrior first.
    One thing the mod is still WIP (work-in-progress) and far from finished, now comes the hard part coding the AI and tweaking the gameplay, but this mod is worth it.

17. VladDrakken

VladDrakken Chieftain

I have a question. Whats the song used when you found the Octopus Overlords religion? That has bothered me for some time as its a awesome song.

18. The_J

Look at the credits ;).

19. VladDrakken

VladDrakken Chieftain

Checked, dosen't show.

20. The_J

Look here, "religion themes" ;).