[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hello! I've been following this for a long time now, but I'm not sure if I've posted before.

Anyway, are there any known problems with multiplayer? As in, when I open up the internet lobby, no games appear for either me or my friend. We're both using a university connection, but it works absolutely fine with BtS, just not with the mod loaded. I know it's not just that there are NO games available, because one of us can create one and it won't appear for the other person (but it does fine in BtS):p).

Make sure both of you are using the exact same version of the game including patches.

This happened to me once, we kept reloogging in aternately till finally we could both see the same one. It turned out that I had to be the admin (or moderator or whatever it's called) so try switching that.

As for MP problems, I haven't played online MP much, but FfH2 has stuff in it that cause OOC's, or Out Of Sync glitches which will simply require both players to reload in order to bypass. I thought there was a comprehensive sub forum on MP but I couldn't find it.

Btw, welcome to Civfanatics! (or at least the posting side of it)

Hey I want to report a serious gamebreaking bug.

Ok so its about turn 60 and And Im playing the clan, archeron has popped recently and when I popped my world spell I took 4 Sons of the Inferno from them. Almost the entire world still has basic troops and I have 4 insane casters who can summon fire elementals and I have 4 insane casters who just walked over the entire world. I just crushed 6 civilizations with 4 units. Noway in hell should this world spell take over these casters, it is just waaaaaaaaaay too insane.

First I want to say this is the best mod for any game I've ever owned, thanks to all those involved in making it! "You will find us in your dreams..", this is very true as I've been playing so much FFH2 that I had a dream of it the other night!

One thing that's been annoying me, however, is that workers will build fort improvements randomly in my city radius and I don't like that. The AI will use these when attacking me and I use the ones in near their cities when attacking them. I looked in some of the Python code but couldn't find the modified worker AI that allows them to do this. Can someone tell me where I can change the code to remove the ability for workers ti build forts automatically?

Great mod!

One thing that's been annoying me, however, is that workers will build fort improvements randomly in my city radius and I don't like that. The AI will use these when attacking me and I use the ones in near their cities when attacking them. I looked in some of the Python code but couldn't find the modified worker AI that allows them to do this. Can someone tell me where I can change the code to remove the ability for workers ti build forts automatically?

Great mod!

That the AI builds and uses forts throughout the game was one thing the makers worked hardest to bring into life.:thumbsup:
Indifferent to the normal game where the AI hardly build forts, they don't have got a that great importance there anyway, he builds them in FfH2, where they are more special (they even got three levels). And that not randomly but by a complicated programmed strategy.
In short, these new AI actions to use the forts is one of the innovations that make FfH2 to what it is and what we like.

And about your workers building different things then you like.:hmm::twitch:
They are YOUR workers. YOU tell them what to do. If you are not happy with the way the AI does it if you hit the "automat improvement build" button, then, I'm afraid, you'll have to steer and control your workers YOURSLEF.
Isn't the game all about strategy?:hmm:
Shouldn't you find a strategy for yourself and play against the AI and not let him do all the work?:hmm::hmm:
I understand that this is not exactly easy, but I say it again: If you KNOW what YOU want, control the workers YOURSELF, as they are a key point to your victory.

I understand what you're saying, but it conflicts with the way I've always played Civ. I always start out the game manually controlling my workers but when I have a lot of cities and workers I put them on auto.

What is so special about forts in FFH2? To me it looks like they do the same thing as in standard Civ, minus the ability to house air units.

I understand what you're saying, but it conflicts with the way I've always played Civ. I always start out the game manually controlling my workers but when I have a lot of cities and workers I put them on auto.

What is so special about forts in FFH2? To me it looks like they do the same thing as in standard Civ, minus the ability to house air units.

Forts provide defensive bonuses to units in/around them.

After looking in the civpedia, forts in ffh2 do a lot more than I first thought..I can see why they added them to the worker AI now. I'll have to start using them more than for just chokepoint control now.

One thing about my current game has me confused as well. I'm playing as the Hyborem and just invaded the Elohim civ and all their units are invisible like they have the Nox Noctis religious wonder built, but they don't have the proper religion (in fact, no city in the game does according to checking with worldbuilder) or the actual building in any city. Is there anything else that can cause this to happen?

One thing about my current game has me confused as well. I'm playing as the Hyborem and just invaded the Elohim civ and all their units are invisible like they have the Nox Noctis religious wonder built, but they don't have the proper religion (in fact, no city in the game does according to checking with worldbuilder) or the actual building in any city. Is there anything else that can cause this to happen?
What sorts of units do the Elohim use?
As I'm sure you know certain units can gain the invisible promotion or even got it from the beginnig.
Could this be it?

I always start out the game manually controlling my workers but when I have a lot of cities and workers I put them on auto.
I don't understand you.
After improving the landscape, so you can use it best, you give this task to the AI, how very propably will use the terrains different than you.
Why:confused:?
Why don't you just emprove so far as necessary and then returne you workers to a city? Beleve me, you'll need them throughout the game( as I'm sure you know) and to have them save in a city is much more practical then to build new ones when ever you need them. Because they will be defeated in wartimes, and that, trust me, is the moment you'll need them.

If you read the description of the Nox Noctis wonder, the AI civ's units are behaving exactly like that...but they don't have it built (I checked all their cities in worldbuilder). The units are all invisible except the ones in cities in their home territory. What I'm asking is this, is there another wonder or anything else in the game that grants the effect of the Nox Noctis? I'm going to guess it's a bug.

About my use of workers, I'm not that into micro-managing them so after I connect my first 4-5 cities and build the required improvements to get good food/prod and whatever resources are nearby I set them to auto, and I have workers don't replace improvements on in the options. I also don't claim to be good at civ so if that's not the ideal use of them, too bad. :)

If you read the description of the Nox Noctis wonder, the AI civ's units are behaving exactly like that...but they don't have it built (I checked all their cities in worldbuilder). The units are all invisible except the ones in cities in their home territory. What I'm asking is this, is there another wonder or anything else in the game that grants the effect of the Nox Noctis? I'm going to guess it's a bug.

If you think you've encountered a bug, you should report it in the FfH2 Bug Thread. Also, post a save game with your post, so people can check it out.

Dear Kael, Could you add in your first post, the version History for patches too ? It's hard to know which patch i have and if I need to download it :)

Thanks so much for everything!

Dear Kael, Could you add in your first post, the version History for patches too ? It's hard to know which patch i have and if I need to download it :)

Thanks so much for everything!

You can find the version history in the first post of the bug thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020

In general, there's a lot of good information about the mod in the FfH2 forum, you'll probably want to take a look.

Thanks for the tip Nor'easter! :) Kael should add a link in this post informing that patches changelogs are in the bug thread then.

Hey I don't really know where to look so I'm posting it here. I remember a while back I was told there was a FFH modmod being worked on still? Like I remember stumbling upon rise of erebus or something like that and I remember "Damn this is awesome" But I learned that it didn't use the most up to date version of FFH2....Anyway point is, are there any more recent versions of RoE or FFH2+?

yesterday I downloaded foh2 mod and it's pretty overwhelming. I've found the faq, the wikia and some other sites about it. But all of them seem to be guides for players who already know how to play it.

Is there any tutorial site or post, with basic concepts? I don't even know what most of the terms are in those guides I find. Like mana nodes, ancient forests, morale, heroes, and much much more.

btw, from what I read it looks like barbs are an important part of this mod. I prefer to learn without them. I turned them off, I hope no gameplay from foh2 will be broken bc of this.

yesterday I downloaded foh2 mod and it's pretty overwhelming. I've found the faq, the wikia and some other sites about it. But all of them seem to be guides for players who already know how to play it.

Is there any tutorial site or post, with basic concepts? I don't even know what most of the terms are in those guides I find. Like mana nodes, ancient forests, morale, heroes, and much much more.

btw, from what I read it looks like barbs are an important part of this mod. I prefer to learn without them. I turned them off, I hope no gameplay from foh2 will be broken bc of this.

well, you can get up to 100 XP from fights against barbs so it would be very unwise to turn them off

Hey I don't really know where to look so I'm posting it here. I remember a while back I was told there was a FFH modmod being worked on still? Like I remember stumbling upon rise of erebus or something like that and I remember "Damn this is awesome" But I learned that it didn't use the most up to date version of FFH2....Anyway point is, are there any more recent versions of RoE or FFH2+?

Follow the link in my sig, it's Rise from Erebus. ;)

I don't particularly care for the AI that was merged into FfH, so won't merge it. We have our own AI work planned, however.

We also have the largest feature list of any FfH modmod. :lol:

There are some useful guides in the Fall from Heaven Concepts section of the pedia. If that's not enough, you can always go to the forum ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190 ) and ask. ;)

Top Bottom