[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Do you know how to open a thread in the main creation section ;)?

Would be a better place for a "differential diagnosis".

Could you be a bit more detailed, please? I'm not sure if I get this.
What did you mean by "open a thread in the main creation section"? And WHAT diffrent diagnose?

Could you be a bit more detailed, please? I'm not sure if I get this.
What did you mean by "open a thread in the main creation section"? And WHAT diffrent diagnose?

I meant, that you should open a thread here, so that your problems can be extensivly be discussed, and we don't have to spam this thread.

hey i've been trying to get this mod working for quite a while now. if anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated...i'm running windows 7 on a mac dual boot, 10.5. I've had success with other mods up to this point. the problem is the message mentioned on kael's first post in the thread...i get an error message saying "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" after trying to load the mod. I realized that the game was installed in a section where none of the original mods of the core game were included. so, i moved the mod to the section (albeit different from where it was instructed to install) where the mods such as FFh and Rhye's and Fall were located. however i am still receiving the same error message. i am running beyond the sword fully updated. one other concern is that the mod is being listed as Fall From Heaven 2 012 in the mod section of BtS.

thanks in advance!

oops sry...just realized this isn't the bug thread. i'll post there

I just got the very original one and it is does not work. I got Fallfrom heaven2041d. BUt when i try to run it it says it gets and NSIS error or something. Help. PLease. PLEASE?

A few questions:

Are you running Beyond the Sword? Is it patched to 3.19?

Did you download and install the main file before installing the patch?
The patch is not technically required, but very much recommended. It is just a patch however.

Are you running Civ4 Vanilla?
If so, 0.23 is the last version for Vanilla Civ4. Later versions require Beyond the Sword.

It is patched to 3.19. Yes it is beyond the Sword. And i did not install any patched yet. Just the main filw. However when i tried to install it it wasnot working so i used oine of the moirrors. SOmething called Fall From Heaven 2041d. Does that mean anything

never mind me. it decided it was going to work now.:lol: could somebody post the patches so i can get them cause this looks amazing. but just a few questions. i was playing as Hyborem, but i could not grow my cities, cause i could not getfood but i was also supposed to be starving. i am very confused:confused::confused::confused::confused::crazyeye:

Hyborem don't eat...they don't grow either unless evil souls pass away.

You could always try provoking a war between Evil and Good. That should send some pop your way.

I've never played Hyborem though, so I'm not 100% sure how it works.

It is patched to 3.19. Yes it is beyond the Sword. And i did not install any patched yet. Just the main filw. However when i tried to install it it wasnot working so i used oine of the moirrors. SOmething called Fall From Heaven 2041d. Does that mean anything

did you try the links in my signature?

patches are in the first post of this thread

Patch "k" is linked in the first post. It will break save games and includes the following changes.

1. New Kuriotate Scout model by seZereth.
2. New Kuriotate Hunter model by seZereth.
3. New Kuriotate Ranger model by seZereth.
4. New Kuriotate Assassin model by seZereth.
5. New Kuriotate Beastmaster model by seZereth.
6. Genesis now removes all hell terrain from your lands (though it might convert again, idea from WildMana).
7. Promotions that pass promtions to summons won't pass them to abilities (ex: Hire Goblin, idea from Denev).
8. Improvement discovery chances are now modified by game speed (idea from jdog5000).
9. Feature disappearance is now modified by game speed (idea from jdog5000).
10. Feature growth is now modified by game speed (idea from jdog5000).
11. Hundreds of AI updates from Wildmana (all Sephi's latest AI python and SDK code reviewed and many changes checked in).
12. Checked in Sephi's OOS fixes.
13. Fixed a CtD caused by switching to no religion (fix by Sephi).
14. Fixed a CtD caused by some spell where the caster dies before the spell resolves (ie: taunt, fix by Sephi).
15. New Illian Adept model by Esvath.
16. New Illian Mage model by Esvath.
17. New Illian Archmage model by Esvath.
18. New Malakim Adept model by Esvath (old Malakim Adept moved to Malakim Mage).
19. New Malakim Archmage model by Esvath.
20. Fixed a python issue with the doCrusade function.
21. Added the Disciple of Acheron unit (fire caster that will occasionally spawn from Acheron's city, chance based on difficulty).
22. Added the Son of the Inferno unit (upgraded form of the Disciple of Acheron).
23. Fixed an issue where players could hang around after being killed if they had an equipment still in the game.
24. New Calabim Adept model by Esvath.
25. New Calabim Mage model by Esvath.
26. New Calabim Archmage model by Esvath.
27. Updated Profane model by Esvath.
28. Updated Prior model by Esvath.
29. New Priest of Leaves model by Esvath.
30. New High Priest of Leaves model by Esvath.
31. New Speaker model by Esvath.
32. New Vicar model by Esvath.
33. New Cultist model by Esvath.
34. New Grigori Adept model by Esvath (current adept moved to mage and mage moved to archmage).
35. Updated Runekeeper model by Esvath.
36. New Vampire Lord model by Esvath (current Vampire Lord model moved to Vampire).

Patch "l" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and fixes the following issues:

1. Fixed the Vampire and Vampire Lord icons.
2. Fixed the Kuriotate Recon line animations.
3. New Druid model by WarKirby.
4. Removed a block that was keeping barbs from summoning.
5. Fixed an issue causing feature growth to be at 1% the normal amount.
6. Removed barbarian strength growth (it slipped by in the wildmana merge).
7. Fixed an issue that caused fireballs (and other bombardables) to always bombard instead of attacking cities.
8. New icons for all the high priests.

I've downloaded your mod on my new PC, already patched with 3.19, but after I launch the game my units are invisibles and they cant move nor build city. Same happened to me when I tried to play Final Frontier mod. Anybody knows why?

I've downloaded your mod on my new PC, already patched with 3.19, but after I launch the game my units are invisibles and they cant move nor build city. Same happened to me when I tried to play Final Frontier mod. Anybody knows why?

Thats a strange one. Make sure you installed the full mod (not just the patch). Does the main menu screen have the special Fall from Heaven screen?

Thats a strange one. Make sure you installed the full mod (not just the patch). Does the main menu screen have the special Fall from Heaven screen?

Everything it's ok, normal FfH screen, but when I start a new game I cant do anything with my units. Same happened with Final Frontier some days ago. With other mods it's ok. What could be wrong?

hmm... well it's obviously not in FfH because Final Frontier does the same thing...

Maybe it's a problem with the base terrain? Computer can't comprehend new types of tiles maybe?

Patch "m" is linked in the first post. It will break save games and fixes the following issues.

1. Customized the No Tech Trade Threshold (generally made the AI more willing to trade techs).
2. The AI should gold rush more frequently now.
3. Scorpion Clan Goblins now with 100% more scorpions (art from Kohan 2 converted by Deliverator).
4. New Avatar of Wrath model (art from Kohan 2 converted by Deliverator).
5. Fixed an issue with feasting Denev found (no idea what the actual impact would be, but it cant be good).
6. Fixed an error with the discovery chances string.
7. Updated all the leader attributes for Sephi's AI settings.
8. Disciples of Acheron/Sons of the Inferno will no longer be capturable by For the Horde (will fix a python error).
9. Genesis will now correctly remove all hell terrain from the players lands.
10. Rewrote genesis and correctly set some allowable terrain on some features to fix some feature wiping conditions.
11. Fix for stack casts (multiple units opening a chest as one, etc) by Denev.
12. Rust is 20% easier to resist.
13. Ring of Flames damage reduced from 20 to 15%.

Top Bottom