1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

A correction I'd like to make: Game PUBLISHERS. Not developers, most of whom would do far more given the opportunity.

2. tuxu

tuxu We are BTS!!!!

*A correction I'd like to make: Game publishers *AND* stupid-power-hungry-artsy-fartsy game developers. Not developers, most of whom would do far more given the opportunity.*

http://www.stardock.com/about/newsitem.asp?id=2280

That G-D-S-O-B Jon Shafer (AKA Darth Shafer) F'ed up the civilization series to the bone and now he's about to screw up what would be a sequel to Master of Orion 2. :sad:
    I own moo3 also so yes, I know it's out. -_- stardock president himself refered to Moo3, or was it starcon3, as "We just pretend that never happened."

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/17/stardock-looking-at-master-of-orion-star-control-rights/

This guy is determined to destroy every sweetspot that shaped up my childhood, I'd wish his health horrible things were I less nice. :cry:

What's next? "Jon Shafer's Warcraft IV: Barbie Rockband Reunion" or "The Elder Scrolls VI: Teletubbie Messiah"?!?

It's bad enough that Stardock will do it but do they really need that clueless "game-designer-wannabe"?

No wonder everybody are moving to consoles.

<Panic> SID MEIER! PLEASE MAKE STAR CONTROL (4)3!!! QUICK PLEASE, MASTER OF ORION HAVE ALREADY FALLEN TO ENEMY HANDS! </Panic>

I honestly think he left fireaxis because he got some al-qaeda threat letters, they gotta "play the world" too - ya know...

3. Valkrionn

Oh good lord. You have absolutely no idea what went on in development, no idea what is and is not Shafer's fault, and obviously no idea what is considered the norm for game development (hint: the lead designer leaving after release is not only considered normal, it's a good thing!), so before flying offthe handle and blaming one man for all that is wrong in the world, educate yourself.

4. tuxu

tuxu We are BTS!!!!

the game has the guy's name and it sucks.
    I dont care for excuses for products i pay for.
    eof.

5. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Guys, we are in the FfH2 thread here, so stop the discussion about Civ5.

6. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Spam deleted.
    Back to topic (-> FfH2) please.

7. King Flevance

King Flevance Deity

So what is the team currently doing out of curiosity? (Besides Kael now working for Stardock, man that is still pure win.)

P.S. I have been on a cIV break for about 6 months. What other spin off mods have formed in my break from cIV? I liked the lore in FfH.

Is Rife still going on with new updates? It appears Fall further, fell sooner. :p I was always curious to try out Rife. Is MM any good? List any decent mods along the FfH2 line if you would.

8. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

you should try out both RifE and MoM as they are quite different :)

9. Valkrionn

What Gekko said. ;)

RifE is much more in the vein of FF (given that it is at root an FF modmod), while MoM has made more of a departure from traditional FfH.

10. dubb202

dubb202 Chieftain

I've been in love with civilization for as long as I can remember. But, this...this is obsession. Amazing work.

11. karl130

karl130 Chieftain

khm... still updating? ...no...

12. Oxus

Oxus Explorer

Helloo, I just discover this game. Great job! I love the fantasy at all! I love very much your choose of soundtrack. I just finished one game playing with aggressive AI turned on and I see very not understandably actions from AI. I had two great friends and we all were GOOD, they were FRIENDLY toward me, and all we were in Over-council, but these things didn't stopped them to declare war on me. After the first surprise I was shocked, but I thought it is some anomaly, but the second time.. ohh :eek: . And most strange was because there were EVIL on the map even closer then me. I know this is from the aggressive AI option, but the game become so peaceful without it.

13. Mahoshonen

Mahoshonen Chieftain

I just purchased Civ IV Beyond the Sword off of Steam for the express purpose of playing this mod. However, I'm having trouble loading it. I'm able to download it just fine. I install it to the right folder. I used to get an error message that it wasn't loading for some reason, but I reinstalled it and the warning went away. Now, though, I can't locate the mod when I look for it on the main menu.

All help is appreciated.

14. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

might be a problem with your UAC settings when running Win7/Vista.
    I assume you have installed the game in its default location, so that might prevent the
    mod from installing right as PROGRAMS folder is protected by the OS!
    I, for my part, install all games to a costom made folder, like say c:\games or such, to
    make sure, the OS isnt freakin me out on such things!
    Be also sure to check wether the mod is really installing to Beyond the Sword\Mods
    folder located in the Civ4 installation folder and not to the one located in the Documents folder!!!

Hope that helps

HahnHolio

15. Mahoshonen

Mahoshonen Chieftain

I'll try that. This probably means that I have to move Steam out of Program Files to Games. That at least means replacing all the shortcuts. What else do I have to keep in mind?

16. Valkrionn

Umm. Why? Just claim ownership of the folder so that UAC doesn't cause issues.

17. Mahoshonen

Mahoshonen Chieftain

I'm sorry, but I have selective computer illiteracy, so, uh, how do I do that?

18. Valkrionn

19. Mahoshonen

Mahoshonen Chieftain

I followed the instructions. It's not there. I'm going to delete the scenario and reload.

edit: Nope. Still doesn't work.

20. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

oh, i have read several times here, that users with the steam version have trouble with mods ...
    have you checked for the BtS 3.19 patch? you might have to download that from somewhere and istall it manually, as the autoupdate sometimes tricks you!
    aditionally, it might be the problem, that Civ4 is istalled under the Steam-folder, which renders some mods unplayable afaik!
    for the UAC issue, you have to log on as administrator and then edit the UAC for that folder to give your normal account all right to it ...