• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[MOD] Fall from Heaven

QuasiEvilScott said:
So Kael, are you going to rest after finally releasing 1.0 (whenever that comes out), it seems to me like youve got groupies who can be delgated to if your tired, youve done a good job man, sit back and have a beer.

-El Scotto

Im actually going to europe for 3 months for work, flying out on the 26th. My goal is to get 1.0 out and then take my trip time to really dig into phase 2 design work.

I will actually have more time to work on the mod when I am in Europe because I will be away from my family with not much else to do.

But I do plan on making Phase 2 a much more collaborative process, I already have the templates up for the team to start going through, making recommendations and checking off tasks. Thusfar Talchas is the only one working on the Phase 2 stuff, since he wasn't involved in Phase 1 he was free to start on the new stuff without having to worry about feedback and such on Phase 1.

Civmansam said:
on 0.95 Whenever I load it it says Failed to load Cv Python Events or something like that

Did you clear cache?

Is anyone else getting this?

Civmansam said:
Pardon my stupidness when it comes to computers buthow do you clear cache?

Its a Civ4 specific thing. Hold down the shift key when you double-click the Civ icon to start the game.

Civmansam said:
I cleared the Cache and it still says failed loading Cv Python Event Interface

When do you get the error?

Is anyone else seeing the issue Civmansam is?

Civmansam said:
When Fall from Heaven was loading

Are you loading the mod through the game menu, or are you using the ini file? If you ware using the modified ini file could you try loading it through the games main menu?

Kael said:
Uploading 0.95 now.

Hi Kael,

I'm new to this board. A few weeks ago, I started googling civ 4 mods after getting sick with the game. I fell upon your "Fall from Heaven" mod which I have to say is eternally better than the "Civ 4." You're the ****!!! Thank you for all your work. I've told all of my friends (who are not really privy to the subculture of modding) about this mod.

Thanks again man!

Civmansam said:
I'm loading it through the games menu and I stil get the same thing

Well, poop. Hmm Hmm Hmm. I cant reproduce, it runs fine for me. I wish we could get some others to say it is was working for them or not.

I think EVERYONE is downloading this now. I zoomed along until 99% downloaded, and then I've been stuck at 122.8 out of 123.3MB for 10 minutes, with about an hour total time.

Update-while writing this, I went up to 122.9 :p

I downloaded .9 in 45 seconds, I think I picked a bad server this time heh.

Lunargent said:
I think EVERYONE is downloading this now. I zoomed along until 99% downloaded, and then I've been stuck at 122.8 out of 123.3MB for 10 minutes, with about an hour total time.

Update-while writing this, I went up to 122.9 :p

I downloaded .9 in 45 seconds, I think I picked a bad server this time heh.

Im copying it to a mirror right now so we will be able to even out the traffic a bit. Let me know if you have any problems loading Lunargent.

I'm pretty sure I picked a flaky server.

I decided to start another download to a different folder, and that one's up to 10.5MB already while the original has only moved up 100kb to 123.0 in the same time.

Works fine for me Kael.

ARRRGGHHH! You changed the traits of my favorite leaderhead. Damnit he was the only one like that too :(

Leitmotif said:
Works fine for me Kael.

ARRRGGHHH! You changed the traits of my favorite leaderhead. Damnit he was the only one like that too :(

What trait combo did you like?

Civmansam said:
I'm loading it through the games menu and I stil get the same thing

I've got some strange Python error msgs at first, some debug pop-up windows, game has frozen after the 1st move etc. The I've cleared trash from CustomAssets folder (the one in MyDocuments\etc.) and now everything is perfect :) Maybe you have similar problems?

Thank you for a great work, Kael. Keep it up!

I have come across a bit of a bug Kael, if you open up the Science Advisor and select techs from there it doesn't highlight your choices. Not a biggie, but it does make a difference.

I have also wandered into a tribal village (using a scout) that gave me nothing, although have entered others and got stuff.

Top Bottom