1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Unser Giftzwerg

Unser Giftzwerg UgLe Game Promoter

Ouch. I guess Leonardo earns his money. :ack:

Well, for game 2 I kicked itup a notch to Emperor ... and I had by far the best non-scenario game of Civ IV ever. This game's surprise was Armegeddon. And this time the surprise was on me, as many of my best units vanished when the Queens of the Sea were armegeddoned out from underneath them. Fortunately, no war was happening at the time. Great mod, and of course I am going to try v2. :goodjob:

On a side note, the Fractal map generator has twice now generated very interesting maps for FfH games.

But on the bad news front, the game has crashed CTD twice on me on the same turn, a turn or two after Armegeddon was built. I don't know if that's coincidencde or not. I've never had a FfH crash before.

Well, just had to say thanks once again. :)

2. Zenemij

Zenemij Chieftain

This is amazing. I really appreciate the effort put into this. Hard to believe people can even do this, i can barely handle html... oh man. keep it up guys.

3. spekkio

spekkio Chieftain

Ahh, sorry! Meant to post this in the FFH2 thread. My mistake.

4. Ordom

Ordom Chieftain

ZOMG! This mod has kept me up for the last week. The only problem i got is that my computer chuggs in late game. I think I'm gonna make a smaller map. Maybe large or standard size. Anyways. GREAT JOB on possibly the best mod for Civ IV. :goodjob:

5. bbking

bbking Chieftain

Ok, this is driving me crazy. I can’t get Slavery to activate as a Civic. I researched all the way to OO (I was first if that matters) and even a good portion of the other religious tech. but it just won’t let me do it. Every time I try to change my religion to OO it just tells me I can’t convert but not why, what the hell am I missing?

6. Kael

Kael Deity

Hmm... Im not sure why you cant switch to Octopus Overlords (which you need to have to adopt slavery). If you have changed religions you will need to wait 10 turns before you can switch again.

Oh, and you need to an OO city in your empire before you can switch to it.

7. bbking

bbking Chieftain

hmmm.. i believe the OO city is what i'm missing. i'm not exactly sure how that works tho. is it something i need to research first or something MOD specific i missed

8. Kael

Kael Deity

Just like religions in vanilla you need to have a city that has the religion before you can convert to it.

9. bbking

bbking Chieftain

Alright, I’m definitely missing something. Before, in vanilla, I would research say.. Buddhism and it would just ask me if I wanted to be that religion. Now, I don’t know if I need to build or research something extra but nothing is working. I have OO found but I can’t make it my religion and there for can’t get the slavery civic, it wouldn’t be a huge deal but I’m in big trouble with a handful of my cities with unhappiness stemming from population. There is nothing more I can do for them (exhausted all found and tradable resources) and need to trim down my population as well as I need to hurry and make some military units. I couldn’t get around to making any sort of defense because I’ve had to concentrate on anything that would raise health and happiness or I’d fall way behind. I’ve I could figure out what the hell i'm missing it would solve all my problems.

10. Kael

Kael Deity

If you are the first to research a the tech you will "found" the religion and one of your cities will become the holy city for that religion. That fulfills the "having a city with that religion" requirement and you will be given the option to switch to it. But that only works if you are the first to discover the tech.

11. bbking

bbking Chieftain

well, i think i may have to try this on another map real fast a bit later. i was very certain that i was the first and i still dont meet whatever the req's are. i will try again and see what happens.

12. AkumaDaimyo

AkumaDaimyo Chieftain

I cant get the damn mod to work. Everytime I try I get some error message telling me the game is froze up or some such. I patched and I want to play the mod! :mad:

13. Kael

Kael Deity

What is the exact error you are seeing?

14. Starship

Starship Warlord

Almost 300...go baby go!!

As an Asian guy on my dart team says....ALMO!

15. AkumaDaimyo

AkumaDaimyo Chieftain

It keeps telling me I have to restart the game to get the mod to work, which happens automatically as I click ok. then it ALWAYS has some kind of error running the game and I have to close it down. It's been patched to the most current version. Is there a newer version of Fall From Heaven out? I don't want to look through 200+ pages.

16. triangle

triangle Chieftain

First post! Because this mod was simply amazing, and was lots of fun :)

Unfortunately in my current game (the only one where I've really "fought to the finish") I'm getting CTDs every few turns. There doesn't appear to be any trigger.

I'm reasearching Rage right now to give you an idea of where I am in the tech tree.

Since I have to wait 5 minutes before civ 4 can load again, this makes the game almost unplayable. :(

Any reason why this might be happening???

17. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

OFF-TOPIC, sorry.
    Posted some new "maps" that should work with this MOD, go to thread 2 and 3, they are the ones that are listed as "Clean." Tell me what you think.

18. Kael

Kael Deity

Yeap, Fall from Heaven 2 can be gotten from here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171398

19. Kael

Kael Deity

Is your state religion the Ashen Veil by chance?

20. triangle

triangle Chieftain

Yes it is.