[MOD] Fall from Heaven

triangle said:
Yes it is.

Yeah, switching off of the Ashen Veil will stop your CTD's. This issue also effects FfH2, and we are trying to find the cause. Once we do I will backport it to FfH1 as well. Its been a pain to figure out.

So does it always cause it to crash (ie. just avoid that religion) or only in some odd games (under 10% of the time).

triangle said:
So does it always cause it to crash (ie. just avoid that religion) or only in some odd games (under 10% of the time).

Its a low percentage. Plenty of people play all the way through with the veil.

AkumaDaimyo said:
No one answered why it wont run and always crashes.

If you provide the exact error I may be able to help, but I don't know what it is based on the info you have provided so far.

I noticed a problem regarding armageddon. The problem being is that when I created Wrath Unleashed, nothing happened. I know the avatar is suppose to summon at random, however my friend and I waited for a good 50 turns and it didn't show up. Bug? Or I didn't wait long enough?

Nice looking mod, too bad I can't play it! I downloaded it and ran the .exe thingy, but it didn't appear in my mods folder. But thanks anyway. Sorry for being an idiot, but how do I get it in a usable mods folder?

turquoiseninja said:
Nice looking mod, too bad I can't play it! I downloaded it and ran the .exe thingy, but it didn't appear in my mods folder. But thanks anyway. Sorry for being an idiot, but how do I get it in a usable mods folder?

The install program default to the default location of Civ4. If you have installed Civ4 somewhere else (on a d drive for example) you will need to chance the path that pops up in the install program.

So is the path supposed to be to my mods folder or what?

turquoiseninja said:
So is the path supposed to be to my mods folder or what?

Yeap it defaults too : 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods' that path just needs to be changed to where you installed civ4.

uslambo182 said:
It's not working for me... doesnt appear in the list of mods... am i doing sth wrong?

Its not a warlords mod. You have to put your origional Civ4 CD in to play it.

Whenever I try to download the mod, a ton of errors come up. Can you help me? I saved it in the right folder, so I am not sure what is wrong.
Anyway, it looks like a great game and I can't wait to try it! I downloaded FfH II also, and it's awesome!

Egypt said:
Whenever I try to download the mod, a ton of errors come up. Can you help me? I saved it in the right folder, so I am not sure what is wrong.
Anyway, it looks like a great game and I can't wait to try it! I downloaded FfH II also, and it's awesome!

That would be werid if you could play FfH2 but not FfH1 since they have the same requirements.

The general advice that helps most people is:

1. Rename your CustomAssets folders to CustomAssets.old (to keep and customassets files from conflicting).
2. Make sure you have Civ patch 1.61 installed.
3. Make sure you are using the vanilla Civ4 cd (not the warlords cd) when you try to play.

Kael, I tried your process for running the mod but it did not work, and all the error messages still came up. Do you have any other suggestions?

Egypt said:
Kael, I tried your process for running the mod but it did not work, and all the error messages still came up. Do you have any other suggestions?

Could you post a screenshot of the first error you see.

Its Fall from Heaven's birthday!!! Our first release came out one year ago. Its been quite a year form my little pet project to a popular mod with a whole team of people (much more talented than me) working on it.

In celebration we put together an updated version of Fall from Heaven. All of the unit models have been reviewed and updated if better models were available. It also has a compacted art file so it will load much faster than previous version (if you have an older version delete it before you install this version).

Finally it features a fix for the Ashen Veil CTD that plagued us for so long. I didn't figure out how to finally fix that until far into FfH2 so the fix never made it back.

You may also find some special skins for Heman and Typhoid Mary made by SeZereth that haven't even been rolled into FfH2 yet.

Enjoy, and thanks for all of the community support and kind words about Fall from Heaven.

You can download it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1029

Happy Birthday!

Woot. Happy B-day FfH!

I only have 229 posts in this thread, but it felt like a whole lot more over the past year. :D

Top Bottom