[MOD] Fall from Heaven

when it try to download into civ 4 mods file it says

error opening file for writing help? plz

looks nice

Awesome, got it up and running....but theres so much new content!
Any place I can find an intro to all of these neat spells, civs, etc?
Thanks so much!

Awesome, got it up and running....but theres so much new content!
Any place I can find an intro to all of these neat spells, civs, etc?
Thanks so much!

If you are talking about FfH II, which you definitely should be playing instead of FfH I (which this thread is about :) ),
then you find everything right here:
www.civfanatics.com/ffh
and www.civfanatics.com/ffh2
and from there on, just go to the manuals, guides, etc. or ask those nice people in the subforum ;)

Are those civilizations in FFH1 has something related with FFh2?(like : ancestry of them).Or it's fantasy mod without history (iam talking about ffh1).

Are those civilizations in FFH1 has something related with FFh2?(like : ancestry of them).Or it's fantasy mod without history (iam talking about ffh1).

FfH 1´s civs are not related to FfH II. FfH II was designed completely new from ground up.
FfH 1 has some generic fantasy civs, while FfH II has really unique new civs.

Kael:

Its your world... and we're living in it. Verily, your likeness ought to be blazoned in the stars, forever. The gods themselves must needs envy your efforts, judgements, and wisdoms. Praise to you and your mighty cohorts!

What exactly was the scenario about?

Im not sure how old that quote is. But Fall from Heaven was a good name for 4 reasons:

1. It easily conveys that the game has heavy fantasy, religious, corruption and redemption themes.
2. Its unique, recognizable and easy to remember.
3. It references the fall of Bhall at the end of the Age of Magic.
4. It references the origin story of Erebus and how creation was separated from heaven.
5. It references the story of one of the characters covered in the scenarios, that story hasnt been made public yet (and honestly it may change, Nikis-Knight is in charge of that character).
6. Its effective marketing, symbolizing that the mod itself is a "gift from heaven" and therefor totally tubular.

Hey I was just wondering, could you make another Fall from Heaven .40 for the vanilla version of Civ IV. First of all, i love the mods. Although the first one could be updted a little. Anyways i just asked because I don't want to have to go through the hassle of having to earn money and saving it, then bugging my parents to take me to Wal-Mart, to buy the BTS expansion, then download patches for it, then download the 0.40 for BTS. I really like the mods i find on CIv fanatics and CivilizationIV.filefront.com, but all the good ones, or newer versions are always for BTS. So could u plz make a vanilla version of Fall From Heaven 0.40. Thanks.

Hey I was just wondering, could you make another Fall from Heaven .40 for the vanilla version of Civ IV. First of all, i love the mods. Although the first one could be updted a little. Anyways i just asked because I don't want to have to go through the hassle of having to earn money and saving it, then bugging my parents to take me to Wal-Mart, to buy the BTS expansion, then download patches for it, then download the 0.40 for BTS. I really like the mods i find on CIv fanatics and CivilizationIV.filefront.com, but all the good ones, or newer versions are always for BTS. So could u plz make a vanilla version of Fall From Heaven 0.40. Thanks.

No plans to do that sorry. Building a version of 0.40 that ran on vanilla Civ4 would be a massive project. It would take months to do it. If it were as easy as copying some data over I would do it.

sorry, but what i mean is make a vanilla version of Fall From Heaven II 0.40.

Honestly mate, next time you have enough money for a game, seriously consider getting a copy of beyond the sword - It's a great expansion pack, made better by access to great mods, like FFH2. It's worth the effort

Hi FfH,

I recently installed Civ 4 and naturally have updated to the latest patch 1.74.

FfH sounds great and I would love to try it.

Since it requires 1.61, it will not work with 1.74, correct?

Will you ever make an FfH for Civ 4 vanilla 1.74?

Should I uninstall and reinstall Civ 4 and patch it to 1.61 in order to play FfH,
or would you just recommend getting BtS and FfH 2 instead?

Hi FfH,

I recently installed Civ 4 and naturally have updated to the latest patch 1.74.

FfH sounds great and I would love to try it.

Since it requires 1.61, it will not work with 1.74, correct?

Will you ever make an FfH for Civ 4 vanilla 1.74?

Should I uninstall and reinstall Civ 4 and patch it to 1.61 in order to play FfH,
or would you just recommend getting BtS and FfH 2 instead?

Definitly get BtS and play the 0.40 version instead. It had about 18 months more development than the vanilla Civ4 version and is complete (0.23 is playable but its just how far we were along in development when BtS came out).

I recently attempted to run the original (vanilla) Fall From Heaven 100g, and I am having problems. I reinstalled Civ 4 and applied patch 1.61, downloaded and ran FFH 100g, and the mod doesn't appear when I try to load it from within Civ4. I went to the mods folder of Civ4 and tried to run the executable (the only executable in the folder is a shortcut), but an error prompt appears and tells me the "drive or network connection that the shortcut... refers to is unavailable."

I should mention that the computer I'm running Civ4 on has a broken network card, so I've loaded all the files to the comp via flash drive. Should this make any difference? Any idea what's going wrong?

I just finshed my first game (after about 11 hours, with title Caesar!:king:) after couple of tries.
It's just great! There are so many intereting ideas, with great music. Some of the ideas I liked was:
-abiltity for the elven archers to plant forests (was it the forests that changed the deserts and ice into futile land?)
-almost endless number of buildings unlike the original, so you can constantly be producing something besides units
-the new religious victory (which I won by)
There's tons of other things I would like to note, but the list will go endless.

Some suggestions:
-Is it possible to add culture to some of the other buildings like the summoning chamber, wizards tower, etc? I found myself struggling in the competition for the border with the neighbors later on in the game.
-Also I think the cost of some of the wonders/units around the end were too much. When you have a lot too control over in the later game, 40 turns in the most productive city is quite a lot. (not that I wanted to get some of the wonders!)
-A note about two/three of the wonders in the end (I forgot the names), but were they necessary? It is interesting how they motivate us to try to achieve a victory quicker before the stupid AIs complete building them (at least it did for me), but it's just not nice...?:confused:
-Some of the descriptions on the buildings were confusing. Some of them had like negative unhappiness.

Thanks Kael, and all of you that worked on the game! I loved it! I gotta get BTS!

After playing through three games and scoring at Cthulhu levels at the end... I have a few observations.

First game, with the setting's map. This was the biggest challenge of the three and the most satisfying game though I had cleared out most of the map I was still pushed and the Armageddon clock did get nicely high in the process, the AI seemed to sort know how to play the game.

Second and third games I played on random maps. The wheels flew off the AI. They did not develope technologies well at all. They did not cast spells, found religions etc. So no hell terrain, no wizards dueling it out, few special units, etc. It was fun, but honestly it disappointing all the same. It is like the AI had no idea what to do with all this stuff and I walked all over it.

In the third game I never got a single adventurer in the whole game which was odd.

May try a fourth game, I may not. I am on the fence about FFII and if it is the kind of experience I wanted and expected.

Second and third games I played on random maps. The wheels flew off the AI. They did not develope technologies well at all. They did not cast spells, found religions etc. So no hell terrain, no wizards dueling it out, few special units, etc. It was fun, but honestly it disappointing all the same. It is like the AI had no idea what to do with all this stuff and I walked all over it.

Pick a higher level.

The Erebus map is the one in which the AI's do rather bad, actually. Archipelago maps are the worst for them.

Why are you still not playing FfHII anyway?

After playing through three games and scoring at Cthulhu levels at the end... I have a few observations.

First game, with the setting's map. This was the biggest challenge of the three and the most satisfying game though I had cleared out most of the map I was still pushed and the Armageddon clock did get nicely high in the process, the AI seemed to sort know how to play the game.

In the third game I never got a single adventurer in the whole game which was odd.

May try a fourth game, I may not. I am on the fence about FFII and if it is the kind of experience I wanted and expected.

Well thats the beauty of the second version, the team is continuously improving the game, including the AI. Really what you need to do is to decide if you like the concept of the mod.

Top Bottom