[MOD] Fall from Heaven

Now that I think about it, being eliminated if your "ruler" dies is a little drastic. What if instead your gov civic goes back to barbarianism, and there is rioing in all your cities. It would really hurt you, but you'd still have another chance.

I had an idea sort of like loki's that the Adventurer was simply a transient who stayed a while and then moved on. This could be random or based on your fame or based on what you have him doing. And if he dies then you have a drastically less chance of getting another one. Let them stay 5-20 turns and come and go. But they certainly shouldn't be as strong as Heroes.

And do they have to simply be fighters? What about a bard who gives +x happiness while he's under your control, or a mage who gives a research boost, and so on?

Yeah I would like a combo of mine and woodelfs. What if the lesser heros would give a bonus based on whether they were in you capital or away from it, preferably fighting a war. During peace they would all give peaceful bonuses, but during war all of them could help in some way or another. They would be sort of like "super great people" but very temporary.

I like the potential for staying longer if you need it. I think there are tons of variables Python could work with. It could be awesome.

Just wanted to add my thoughts on GP/adventurer/hero debate & the very intriguing idea about "marrying" into other civs.

1. As far as I'm concerned the golden age system for CIV IV is useless - it wastes two perfectly good GP and doesn't last long enough to make any difference at all - so, perhaps you could convert that into the adventurer/hero/GP requirement. Instead of potentially having many heros through GP upgrade you would have to sacrifice two GP of different natures in order to gain the adventurer/hero. Don't have the slightest idea how you could do it, but it's a thought.

2. I agree that the idea of marrying off children &/or siblings seems extremely complicated but if you simplify it as such it may work. Make children &/or sibling tradable resources. Resources with high value so as to ensure a decent relationship value. Somewhat rare resources, not too rare, but rare enough to represent the fact that not every civ can & will have children &/or sibs. Again just a thought.

Thanks - Seamus

What if the types of GP's you sacrificed led to the type of the hero?
The flavor of the hero would be determined by your religion.
ie: Scientist + Artist = Bard
Commander + Merchant = Cavalry
etc
Just give them slight renamings and this would work beautifully.
Of course, then you start using three GP's and it gets more complex. What if once you got more than two, two of those many were randomly chosen to give you the type.

all i can say is "woah!" this looks awesome
i knew civ4 was going to be good for modding, but "omg!"

anywho, the first download link doesn't work, are there any alternate dl links?

loki1232 said:
What if the types of GP's you sacrificed led to the type of the hero?
The flavor of the hero would be determined by your religion.
ie: Scientist + Artist = Bard
Commander + Merchant = Cavalry
etc
Just give them slight renamings and this would work beautifully.
Of course, then you start using three GP's and it gets more complex. What if once you got more than two, two of those many were randomly chosen to give you the type.

This works well for me. It eliminates getting too many Adventurers and gets rid of Golden Ages if you don't want them. I would imagine Kael could add another button at the bottom near the GA button to use up GP to make the specific Adventurer. Sweet.

2. I agree that the idea of marrying off children &/or siblings seems extremely complicated but if you simplify it as such it may work. Make children &/or sibling tradable resources. Resources with high value so as to ensure a decent relationship value. Somewhat rare resources, not too rare, but rare enough to represent the fact that not every civ can & will have children &/or sibs. Again just a thought.

You could have a national wonder that produces heirs like hollywood or rock and roll world wonders in vanila civ4

Chip56 said:
You could have a national wonder that produces heirs like hollywood or rock and roll world wonders in vanila civ4

Hmm. Interesting idea.
Having an heir would make the populace happier.
What if each heir wonder allowed you after a while to "upgrade" your ruler unit to something with a new name. Just to throw you for a loop, the specialties of this new guy might be way different.

woodelf said:
This works well for me. It eliminates getting too many Adventurers and gets rid of Golden Ages if you don't want them. I would imagine Kael could add another button at the bottom near the GA button to use up GP to make the specific Adventurer. Sweet.

I'm just afraid it will require the SDK...:(

Of course, a sudden boost to a civilization you're narrowly defeating could be very, very frustrating.

loki1232 said:
I'm just afraid it will require the SDK...:(

Really? Kael added buttons to allow Great Prophets to be turned into the Religious buildings. Why couldn't 2 GP have the option of being consumed to make an Adventurer or a GA?

woodelf said:
Really? Kael added buttons to allow Great Prophets to be turned into the Religious buildings. Why couldn't 2 GP have the option of being consumed to make an Adventurer or a GA?

Hopefully Kael will sign on soon and evaluate our ideas, and wether they would work.

Soren Johnson said:
very impressive Mod, Kael... :thumbsup:

:eek: Wow!!! This is awesome, I'm so glad you like it. Thanks for such an awesome game!

Top Bottom