[MOD] FexFX--Bigger-&-Longer(v1.52.0) -=New and Improved=-

Brancaleone said:
Im playing this mod right now. Im playing catherine, two continents, Huge, 1200 turns, Noble, Conquest only, no tech trading. Its 1300 AD or so now, no one has gunpownder yet, macemen and knights just appeared in the battlefield, there are many crossbows, pikes and elephants left. Im the 2° in score, but 5° or so in research. Alexander and Asoka attacked me in 1100, i survived and after 200 years i took 8 greek cities, 6 to go. Im confucian, and theres 3 judaism(sp!) and 3 budhist(sp) nations on my continent. Once i take all from the greeks, ill have three wars to fight. Im spamming soldiers, but still am only the 5° in number of troops! Egypth and german are close, they have way too many troops... Plus, theres the second continent, where everyone is hindu and lovers with eachother, and they just learnt how to send ships overseas... i expect an invasion soon... Im totally alone. Everyone hate me, i cant go over 70% research, the germans have 6 techs more than i do, no one need my resources, i failed to circunavegate the globe by few turns, i failed to get the extra techs from oracle and liberalism by few turns as well, darn! Im using the slaves civic, organized religion, mercantilism, and the two other starting civics. And my people hate me!

The hindu continent is round, and my continent is shaped like a bunch of bananas glued to eachother. A very ugly continent. My empire borders are shaped like a penis. Not something to be proud off.

Great mod BTW!

Sounds like a great game even tho you may be set up on the losing end of things! Sometimes losing at Civ is as much fun as winning eh?

FexFX said:
900 downloads!
Yes... I've been busy :mischief:

Incidentally, I took out the camera-part of the mod as personally I prefer the original angle. Other than that it's hard to say if there's any need for improvement - I prefer that this MOD doesn't modify other parts of the game, and the features requested earlier probably aren't doable till the SDK arrives (if even then).

Just subscribed to reply to this post... :)

First of all great mod... I am sticking to it for a while.

I have played a couple of games and it seems pretty balanced and fun. One of them was noble, standard size map, 875turns, 7 oponents.

I lost in a diplomatic victory around 1950, going also for the space race.

I do not know if this would be usefull but in a guide I have found this. It is a setting for scenario building:

Calendar=: The Calendar setting is used to determine the length in time of each turn in the scenario. By default the calendar is set to default which means the scenario will use the same turn length time as the normal game. Valid options include CALENDAR_YEARS (each turn is one year), CALENDAR_SEASONS (each turn is one season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn), CALENDAR_MONTHS (each turn is one month) and CALENDAR_WEEKS (each turn is one week, with four weeks to the month).

IMO the number of turns in the modern era is ok, I would like to see more techs in that era and that each one gives less improvments.

rf900 said:
Just subscribed to reply to this post... :)

First of all great mod... I am sticking to it for a while.

I have played a couple of games and it seems pretty balanced and fun. One of them was noble, standard size map, 875turns, 7 oponents.

I lost in a diplomatic victory around 1950, going also for the space race.

I do not know if this would be usefull but in a guide I have found this. It is a setting for scenario building:

Calendar=: The Calendar setting is used to determine the length in time of each turn in the scenario. By default the calendar is set to default which means the scenario will use the same turn length time as the normal game. Valid options include CALENDAR_YEARS (each turn is one year), CALENDAR_SEASONS (each turn is one season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn), CALENDAR_MONTHS (each turn is one month) and CALENDAR_WEEKS (each turn is one week, with four weeks to the month).

IMO the number of turns in the modern era is ok, I would like to see more techs in that era and that each one gives less improvments.

The problem with the calendar option is that its all or nothing...the entire game must use the same calendar from start to finish...

:goodjob: This MOD is great! Been using it for a few games and I love what you did! I will post more details after my game I am playing now! Just wanted to let you know how appreciated you are!:goodjob:

Later,

Bilas

Bilas said:
:goodjob: This MOD is great! Been using it for a few games and I love what you did! I will post more details after my game I am playing now! Just wanted to let you know how appreciated you are!:goodjob:

Later,

Bilas

Thanks for the Feedback!
Glad you're enjoying the mod!

I have read this in another post. Not sure if I have understand it correctly, but is seems to be a solution for the turns per era issue. :confused:

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been brought up in another thread I'm not aware of, but there is a reasonably simple, if ugly, way of leaving the calendar set to years and still obtaining partial years per turn.

All you need to do is have a have a -long- set of gameturninfo's like:
<GameTurnInfo>
<iYearIncrement>0</iYearIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>1</iTurnsPerIncrement>
</GameTurnInfo>
<GameTurnInfo>
<iYearIncrement>1</iYearIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>1</iTurnsPerIncrement>
</GameTurnInfo>

(Which gives you .5 years per turn)

And, of course, you can get other fractions (on average) like .4 with
patterns like: 0100101001

Using this method I've got a speed running at 5 times the length of a "normal" game using an exact match in era length. Civ has no difficulty coping with having turns back to back that are the same year that I've run into. It's possible some of the autosaves might write over each other, but meh. Hope this was useful.

rf900 said:
I have read this in another post. Not sure if I have understand it correctly, but is seems to be a solution for the turns per era issue. :confused:

OH...MY...GOD...

That's utterly insane...But It would work! It means for EVERY turn with a length less than 1 year you'd have to use two lines...but OMG! That will work! It means like 200 entries for 100 turns...but still!
Okay, Now I have a REASON to make a new revision of the mod!!!
Look for that soon...ish...

Okay, I have a version of Bigger&Longer that I'd like to test out...
It has an extended late era game...
I need some feedback on the balance of late game and overall functionality.
I'd like some volunteers...
PM me...

Any news on this new version? I hope it works sounds like it would be great!:goodjob: Keep up the good work!!!

Bilas

Well, as stated above I am waiting for someone to offer their services as a playtester...
So far I have gotten no offers, and I've been too busy to test it myself thusfar...

Well, i'm willing to playtest but i have the same issue... Time... Huge shortage off...

Thats why i didnt PM, because i really enjoy your current mod and anything to help out with a future version :)

FexFX said:
Well, as stated above I am waiting for someone to offer their services as a playtester...
Well, I thought we were all testers anyway :)

Why not just release it as a beta (different MOD name so it wont mess up games running the last verison), and let people try it out as usual?

True enough...I might as well just put it out there..
:)
Look for it later tonight...
or something...

This is the only mod I have been brave enough to try and I love it. Your mod really makes the game more enjoyable for me.

Thank you FexFX:goodjob:

Top Bottom