1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] GreenMod (replant forest and other changes)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Master Lexx, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

If I release a new version of my mod, it always has a different name: eg "GreenMod 2.02" / "GreenMod 2.03".

So you can have more versions installed at once, and you can start a new game with a newer version and still load another game that needs an older version.

Only the newest version is available here, but you can still play your old games to the end.

2. taltos

taltos Chieftain

GreenMod .

>>>>Inquisitor unit, can remove non-state religions

I wonder.... has anyone tried to use yhe inquisitor unit in another civs city?
    Would it actually work?

Inquiring minds want to know.

3. Xink

Xink King

When you wrote....

I have found on the largest of the Pangea maps there are 20 deposits of iron and only 9 of sulphur. When there are 18 Civs on the map it can be a little dissapointing when you are one of them that has none..!!!

4. Dennis_Moore

Dennis_Moore Unholy Roman

Hi, I'm feeling a bit dumb here, but I have no idea how to select the new gamespeeds.

5. Xink

Xink King

When the mod is loaded start a 'Custom Game' and that will allow you to select the game speed, as well as adjust many other settings.

6. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

@taltos: in an early version, it was possible to exploit the Inquisitor, but now it should just vanish without doing anything if you use it on an foreign city. Even at the time when it was possible, you did only removed the nonstate religions of the foreign country, not yours.

@Morgan UK: sorry, I accidently wrote iron instead of copper. It is meant that only 1 sulphur per 2 players is available. I could change this, but it makes sulphur more valuable and makes a good reason for wars. Anyways, if you cannot get sulphur you have to research straight ahead until rifleman and then you again have advantage against the older grenadier units.

@Dennis_Moore: if you installed the game correctly, you should find Tech133 and 166 in the gamespeeds dropdown menu if you start a new custom game. Quickgame doesn´t list them.

7. Xink

Xink King

No problem, I wanted to make sure that you were aware of what could have been a problem if you intended the resource to be more widely available. I know that in my game I am now looking at the Americans not quite as fondly as I did, considering they have the sulpher that I want.

I do like just how sparse it is, without it having the type of impact that it could have meant when playing Civ 3 and the consequences of being short of a strategic resource.

8. Dennis_Moore

Dennis_Moore Unholy Roman

Master Lexx, excellent mod. However, I would like to ask you if you somehow changed the AI's priorities. I noticed that as I played a game on epic166 (industrious, noble, huge, arch./snaky, 18 civs, stone but no marble) I kept losing the wonder races even though I was among the top civs in the tech race. I'm asking because under similar conditions in vanilla civ I usually get most of the wonders.

9. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

Nothing changed with the AI. But consider, the AI on Tech166 will like you, have not much to build on certain points because tech advancing is so slow, this means they pick on the only building they can build - the wonders.

10. osmop

osmop Chieftain

Hi Master Lexx, your Mod seems to be GOOD ! just downloading, i'll come back soon and quite sleepy after a nerd time ! :)

see u

11. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I will try it :goodjob: It seems a famous mod

12. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

About... let's say... quarter way in a game with your mod (version 2.03), and I got my first unpleasant surprise. Cities cannot be found within 3 tiles from one another? I find that a bit extreme, especially if cities when founded 2 tiles diagonally wouldn't sit in each others' way qua work range.

OTOH, just when I had a barbarian incursion and I produced my first selfmade combat unit (an archer) to garrison my (empty) capital, I got 4 free combat promotions. The barbs didn't know what happened to them. :lol:
    This same unit is now (before AD 1) on 7 promotions and well on it's way to an 8th. Comes over a bit unbalanced at this stage.

Need to look more indept at some of those new wonders, but you have a few doubles at this stage? Twice the possibility to double research output and twice an extra happy face?

Also, may I ask how you managed to include 3D models for the SAM truck and Houwitzer? AFAIK those didn't ship with the ingame graphics.

Well, certainly looking forward to the other novelties in the mod. Soon I can toy with demolition troops and inquisitors. O yes, sofar no problems yet with missing buttons or fonts or whatever. So on that account it works fine.

13. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

I think they where in the patch.

14. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Well well, Firaxis is quite generous with its models then. :goodjob:

15. Alpedar

Alpedar Warlord

I have idea i would like to see in your mod.
    Animal/Seefood resource moving. It should work this way:
    If resource is in players cultural borders (to prevent resource stealing) he can send worker/worboat near it (on tile without resource), select which adjectant resource he want move and do it. It should take some time (15-20 turns on epic) and consume imediately worker/fishing boat.
    Of course, it should not be possible with mined resources.

16. junter

junter Chieftain

The spy must be able to steal a technology !!!!!!!!!!! :scan:

17. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Encountered a problem. The mod "hangs" when I load my save. The load bar doesn't progress anymore about 1/3th-halfway, and when going to the desktop I have a message saying that there was a problem with this program (Civ4) and an error dumpfile invitation.

18. junter

junter Chieftain

The spy must be able to steal a technology !!!!!!!!!!! And was very realistic if a your city in rivolution because unhappy become a indipendece city of barbarian type !!!!!!!!! Master answer me and say me if this thing of the spy you'll make in the next Greenmod !!!!!!! Please answer me !!!!!!!!! :cry: :scan: :nuke: :goodjob:

19. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

My game runs fine, maybe you copied it into the second mod dir instead of the civ4/mod dir? So, 2.1 is ready, but now it has only 20 new units (2nd uus). Or should i first complete my meteorite and vulcano script?

20. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Might be that the problem is on my end. I forgot that I had a customised assets folder, which I changed back to the normal one between now and the last time I played the mod. Have to test that.

Edit: ok, seems that that was the problem indeed. New games load without problem.