1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] GreenMod (replant forest and other changes)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Master Lexx, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

Ohh this really bad. You didn´t even played my Mod! A nice idea, but for any suggestions here, please first try my mod and then ask here for improvements!

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

How do you know that? I admit I dind't try it... YET. there are a lot of mods ut there to try you know ;) but I can assure you I've read your changelog ( most of it :D ) , and like many of your changes. :goodjob:

3. alerum68

alerum68 Priest of Hiroshima

Proabably because there is a "tea" resource already built into the game? :mischief: :smoke:
    ___________________________-/\
    ____________________________|
    ____________________________|
    Gotta love the Powers that Be.|

Edit: ;) --Padma

4. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

seriously, how is tea related to hemp in any way? :crazyeye:

5. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hello

i looking in your edited pyhon files - and i saw you removed this from the event manager:
    if ((not CyGame().isNetworkMultiPlayer()) and (pCity.getOwner() == CyGame().getActivePlayer()) and isWorldWonderClass(gc.getBuildingInfo(iBuildingTyp e).getBuildingClassType())):

why did you? did it cause you problems?

6. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hello again - i have another qaustion

what is th icongrid.py means to what does it refers?
    why dont i have it in my original assets file? wierd...
    i needen to merge it and i didnt new the currect differnces without original file.

7. alluraprime

alluraprime Chieftain

Hi Master Lexx,

I don't know how to upload a saved game or any of that stuff.

I will tell you my problem. I downloaded the mod, put it in the correct folder and chose advance to select green mod. The game restarted and I started a new game.

Time is slower however nothing else is there. The new resources don't show up at all. I can't build forests and I also can't find that darn inquisitor, I'd love to send him to a few of my cities.

I have researched all the way to future tech 6 and none of them ever became an option for me.

Then I wondered if maybe I had done something wrong when loading the mod, so I quit to desktop. Told the game to load my saved game file and it gave me a message that I needed the Greenmod loaded in order to play this saved game.

Now I am new to all this stuff but I don't have a regular install, I have the D2D install. Could that be a problem and it made me wonder if the other people having problems have D2D? Don't even know if it makes any difference when it comes to mod.

Anyways if you could tell me how to save and "upload" what you need I will gladly send you the info.

8. alerum68

This shows that you started up the "Green MOD" but what you may have done is put it 2 directories deep. Instead of 'MyGames/Civilization4/MODs/Green MOD/Assets', it's actually set as something like 'MyGames/Civilization4/MODs/Green MOD 2.0/Green MOD/Assets'. This will let you start it so it says Green MOD is loaded, and prevent you from starting the saved game without the MOD being loaded, while not actually loading any MOD. Go and check the MOD folder, and make sure it's not set another folder layer deep.

9. alluraprime

alluraprime Chieftain

Ok my bad, when it was unzipped, winzip made another folder for it. It was in the right place but it was Greenmod/Greenmod/Assets.

Thanks for the help, now that I fixed it I will go try it out.

10. alerum68

NP. Hope you enjoy this great MOD.:)

11. alluraprime

alluraprime Chieftain

Ok I put the mod in C:program files/Firaxis games/Civ4/Mods. It still won't work :confused: .

As I said In new to this whole aspect of mods, even though I have created custom content for the Sims games. So I guess my question is are the other files suppose to stay in there with the assets file? Im talking about the readme file and such.

Please any help would be appreciated and maybe there should be a thread started called Mod installation for dummies :blush:

12. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

@[to_xp]Gekko - you can make nice tea out of it right? :) (the name is only used here, not actually for the game) I want to get sure that players see how great this mod is, without being prejudiced.

@keldath - I removed this, because this is the multiplayer check, if it is true there are no wonder movies displayed, so with this removed there are movies displayed in MP too

@keldath - look into changes.txt there you will find it, it belongs to the advanced interface mod, just read my notes

@alerum68 - big thanks for your help, but I am sure this wil happen again

@alluraprime and all others:

If you can´t see my new ressources you made something wrong! Look up the directoy structure in my mod until you find /Assets/.

This is invalid: \Civilization 4\Mods\GreenMod20\GreenMod 2.00\Assets
    This is valid: \Civilization 4\Mods\GreenMod 2.00\Assets

If you installed my mod correctly it will display "GreenMod 2.00" in the top right in the game. If it displays "Greenmod20" you installed it wrong!

The only thing to note then is, to start the game, options - advanced - choose GreenMod 2.00 - press load. Or configure your Civilization4.ini for autoload of this mod.

13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

well tea only is a bit reductive ;) but I see your point. prejudices are a bad bad thing. I don't want you to get involved in that kind of crap :p

"I'm not going to play your damn mod, you freakin drug-addict, just burn yourself" now that wouldn't be nice :mischief:

14. alluraprime

alluraprime Chieftain

Master Lexx you were right, my directory path was wrong. People if you have not tried this mod, do it now. It is AWESOME

Thank you for all your hard work Master Lexx and thanks to everyone who helped me.

I still think there should be a thread "mod installation for dummies" lol.

15. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

16. alerum68

Master Lexx, I was having some problems with this same issue when I first put my mod together. I just got rid of the first containing directory and haven't had a problem since.

17. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

18. C_ivil-I-ZATION

C_ivil-I-ZATION Chieftain

It would be good to get some more resources to trade. One of my favourite mods.

19. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Hi Master Lexx, I'm trying to add your extra resources to Grave's mod.
    I must say thanx for the Changes.txt files you placed in the mod, it makes all the tweaks so easy to find even for a dummy :D I've already imported some changes I thought as good into my XMLs :goodjob:

but how do I import thew new resources ? it seems to me I am going to overwrite the previous GameFont.tga files, which will obviously cause some problem... thanx in advance for your advice ;)

20. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

Okay, 2.01 is out. For old games with version 2.00 who want a working water to land terraform: replace the one in my mod with this
    http://www.civ.columnz.net/CvEventManager.py

The new resources need all the files listed in the changes.txt, as well as the graphics itself. And the gamefonts of course. Take over all changes!

Fall from Heaven has my Mod incorporated? Or just my Forest replant? Anyways, I removed the download, I have the same prob, alhough i haven´t changed anything with forests.