1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] GreenMod (replant forest and other changes)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Master Lexx, Nov 28, 2005.

1. junter

junter Chieftain

The spy must be able to steal a technology from a rival Civilization !!!!!!!!!!! And was very realistic if a your city in rivolution because unhappy become a indipendece city of barbarian type !!!!!!!!! Master answer me and say me if this thing of the spy you'll make in the next Greenmod !!!!!!! Please answer me !!!!!!!!! I pray you answer !!!!!!!!!!!:cry: :rolleyes: :cool: :D :scan:

2. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

Answer: NO. And it is not nice by you to spam my thread!
    You will never reach your aims with sending me pms and the same time posting those in this thread.

3. junter

junter Chieftain

Ok, scuse me ! :rolleyes: I want to know if you'll put in Civilization this things of the spy that must be able to steal a technology from rival Civilization. :goodjob: Thanks !

4. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Master Lexx, do you think it's possible to have or the plot growth (forest or jungle) or the outlook of the ancient temple (for instance mini-stonehenge) changed according to the position of it on the worldmap? Right now, I offen have the ancient temple in the jungle in the middle of tundra terrain/normal forests. Needless to say it looks a bit... weird.

5. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

I now changed the max laititude, so it will only be placed in the middle map and not so much nort/south.

6. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

A question on the "examine ancient temple" thing. After discovery of Iron Working a player has the ability to "examine" according to the tech tree. I've tried to bring units on ancient temples then to see if this yields something, but nothing happens.

Is something supposed to happen?

7. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

Sorry, this is the improvement for the temple. I will fix this, it shouldn't show up.

8. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

Hello

Wanted To Know If Anyone Try To Play This Great Mod Under Multiplayer?
    Was It Working Ok???

9. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

Me and some others I have spoken, were able to play it in MP with no problems. Why should tehre be any problems? I never thought of writing extra: "MP compatible". Afew people visited me in the irc channel and whenever I asked them about thing of my mod, also about MP, they said there are no problems. And then I always ask for what they didn`t liked and often I change some thing of GreenMod then.

10. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

May I ask why the bonus vs knights was removed from Crossbowman? :)

11. keldath

Thank You Master Lexx.

Is There A Plan To Add Civs To Freen Mod?

12. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Why not Civs packs like "Civarmy1994" "SuperCivs" or "Clash of Russias" ???

13. Caradoc

Caradoc Emperor

I've played several games with GreenMod and think it is the best one available.

However, there are a few things I'd like to report:
    - Someone else noted this I think, but when you start a city on jungle, the surrounding squares are cleared
    - The Privateer seems overpowered, the graphic is blurry and appears out of order
    - Need better docs for the Inquisitor and Ancient Temple

And now a couple of requests: How about allowing deserts to be irrigated and changed to grassland? And for canals to be dug to extend rivers? And a way to recruit wild animals?

Again, thanks for a really good time.

14. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

Of course the jungle clearing around a city is done by purpose. Don't you like it? If not, why?

15. Alpedar

Alpedar Warlord

I vote for changing desert to something better too.
    Imo if it was done similar as changing land/sea = city must work it and during it it is almost useless tile, it would not be OP.

16. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

@Zuul Crossbowman and longbowman are both effective against knights, and in open field they are both useless. There is no need for this high bonus.

@keldath Its called GreenMod. And yes, more civs is better, but I want a new leaderhead for them (at least a modified one).

@Lachlan Why dont you give me a link? It always a pain to search here with a 180 sec search limit.

@charleswatkins Thanks, I always like to hear that people find pleasure with ym mod. Jungle/Forest cut time was doubled, so now think of what it would mean for a civ to start in a jungle area? Thats why jungle around a city is auto burned down. Privateer graphic is good, no prob with it, and yes its dangerous but it was far more overpowered in the lost units mod.

Inquisitor can just be built and used on a city, everbody should know hwat an Inquisitor does. The anceint temple just needs a worker to build the "examine" improvment on it, then it gives more gold per turn.

@Alpedar Desert should stay, but I will make something like a desert terraform improvment. Maybe I can find a balanced way.

17. keldath

hi
    sorry for the misstype there...

anyway = the 2nd uu is a great idea.
    it was one the things i wished for a lnog time ago:)

18. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

19. Caradoc

Caradoc Emperor

I suppose there's really nothing wrong with clearing the jungle around the city. It's just that it was unexpected and looked like there might be a bug. The health improvement compensates somewhat from the loss of production from cutting it myself. It also provides quick access to jungle covered resources without the need for Iron Working.

20. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

Yes, thats the good thing. With increased jungle growth rate and cut time it would be too bad to start in jungle area. Anyways, 10 prod of jungle and forest cut is better and not that big of a advantage for humans who like to leave the forests and also a less advantage for the AI who always cuts the forest.

I just thought about a Master of Magic mod, but its not possible without dozens of 3dmodel supliers and 2 good programmers, its just all about magic and heros and various monsters....