1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Realism:Resurrected

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by KGrevstad, Jan 4, 2006.

1. KGrevstad

KGrevstad Warlord

Cooked would mean that it's not an alpha or beta release, that it has relatively reasonable values for the victory condition. As I read it, there was still some discussion about that.

Terrain bonuses include resources, so yes, I was going to include the new resources.

You are correct as far as Islam is concerned but remember that Muhammad was not born until late in the 6th century CE. Also, from History of Alcohol and Drinking around the World,
    I do think they should come before Monarchy. What we're talking about are nascent villages, akin to the roadside inn with stables which eventually grows into a village and then town. I don't think Dynastic rule was necessary for people to start putting up Ye Olde Cock and Bull.

You are not the only one who thinks that. Houman is ALL over that one! However, it's an intense amount of integration work, which I may farm out to Houman after this next release.

I am including this in the mod even though his choice of editor has caused some significant integration problems for me.

--Kristine

2. KGrevstad

KGrevstad Warlord

I said I may be mistaken!!! Still seems close to me. I sure wouldn't want to live 30 miles from a silo farm that the enemy was trying to take out with nukes! :eek:

--Kristine

3. Exavier

Exavier Destroyer of Worlds

hehe think of it this way... at least i will go out with a BANG :lol:

BTW if you need help merging any files feel free to ask... I told you i would help you on this project if you needed it :)

4. KGrevstad

KGrevstad Warlord

But what a huge loss to the gaming community!!!

Are you saying you think I'm not capable? That I NEED some help???? :D
    Seriously, though, I will ask when I do need some help. For example, where do you change the cost of an upgrade?

--Kristine

5. Exavier

Exavier Destroyer of Worlds

hehe :)

upgrades are handled by the GlobalDefines.xml
    Code:
    	<Define>
    		<DefineName>MAX_EXPERIENCE_AFTER_UPGRADE</DefineName>
    		<iDefineIntVal>10</iDefineIntVal>
    	</Define>
    	<Define>
    		<DefineName>BASE_UNIT_UPGRADE_COST</DefineName>
    		<iDefineIntVal>10</iDefineIntVal>
    	</Define>
    	<Define>
    		<DefineName>UNIT_UPGRADE_COST_PER_PRODUCTION</DefineName>
    		<iDefineIntVal>3</iDefineIntVal>
    	</Define>

First one is obvious... thats what makes you loose all by 10 XP when you upgrade a unit (Default Game)

Not really sure how the other 2 play into the cost equation but the 2nd one is pulled from my mod (normally its like 25) and its a noticable reduction in upgrade costs.

6. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Regarding the Wine issue:

It is true "Priesthood" matches more the Christianity era. However Wine existed in the ancient Greece and in ancient Iran where there was Greek Polytheism in Greece and Zoroastrism in Persia.

The question is now if alcoholic beverages are always bound with some sort of religious leaders like Priests or Monks. I know that the Zoroastrian Priests until today use a plant called Haoma to gain a narcotic kind of beverage. So can we say that the first kind of nartotic drinks, 3500 years ago in Iran, were also initiated by the "Prieshood"?

Whats about ancient Greece though? They never had Monotheism and probably had never such a thing as Priesthood. I am not sure in the latter one though, if Polytheist priest existed and if they played any role in wine production.

However do not alter the Wine values for the different religions. Because we will integrate Abbamouse Religion mod very soon, which will take care of the problem that Muslims won't drink wine etc.

Regards
    Houman

7. Morbius

Morbius Warlord

actually it's not that easy.
    there are some areas where muslims make and also consume alcoholic beverages.
    it's a matter of koran interpretation.
    in palestine, which is 90% muslim, beer is being brewd and consumed. it's popular amongst muslims, too. and it's not forbidden as long as its not drunken in excessive amounts :)
    and i think that in malaysia muslims may drink wine, as long as it's -- again -- in moderate amounts.

8. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

It is true. Iran for example has a very old Wine making tradition that goes back at least to 1000 BC. Even after the Muslim invasion to Iran in 651 AD the wine making wasn't stopped. Until 1979 when the Islamic Revolution began and the fundamentalists came into power, Wine and other alcoholic beverages were fully allowed. Since then the wine tradition is dying since it is forbidden. The most famous recipe&#8217;s like the Shiraz Wine or Khayyam Wine have been hidden exported and are still being produced in South France and Australia. (I am not sure if the famous Australien Shiraz has actually something to do with the Iranian Shiraz Wine from the City Shiraz; rumors say it has something to do).

Even though, just for the distinction and game play, we should just be like the fundamentalists and forbid Wine for all Muslim Civs in the Game. ;) Otherwise it is just too hard to implement.

Regards
    Houman

9. KGrevstad

KGrevstad Warlord

The next release will be delayed until I can figure out how to merge some changes in the GameFont.tga files. Both the GreenMod and the Lost Wonders mod have made changes to those files.

--Kristine

10. KGrevstad

KGrevstad Warlord

If you are interested in testing the next release of this mod, please send me a PM.

--Kristine

11. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I guess you are talking about the book resource added by the Gutenberg wonder...
    I thought books had no icon in the GameFont.tga file... but even if they have, you can just forget about it I guess, no big deal in missing a minuscle icon for ONE resource ;)

12. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Kristine,

Send me the tga file and I will try to put them together.

Regards
    Houman

13. KGrevstad

KGrevstad Warlord

I am talking about the book icon, and the tuna icon. I wouldn't worry about it, but given that part of the XML code expects the right thing to be there, it could cause a minor problem, although it won't cause a game crash or anything like that.

--Kristine

14. Optimizer

Optimizer Sthlm, SWE

The easiest way could be reverse engineering. I have mentioned all changes of values in the documentation.

15. Nighthammer

Nighthammer Chieftain

Does anyone know why I don't see text in menus? Maybe problem with Radeon graphics card? I have civ 4 version 1.52 installed.

16. bornie

bornie Chieftain

I had the same problem when upgrading from Jaynus til kGrevstad's version of this mod. Just reinstall civ 4 and the mod it will work. It did for me.

/Bornie

17. Master Lexx

Master Lexx Warlord

So do you want to include my GreenMod or just include my bonus resources?
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144428

18. KGrevstad

KGrevstad Warlord

At the moment, my primary interest is in the new resources.

--Kristine

19. Yecos

Yecos Chieftain

First of all let me thank you for this wonderful mod.

I have one question, I don't know if it's a known bug but it looks like I' m unable to rename units...

20. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

If you include the 9 new ressources : can you update the Rhye's Earth Map with the 18 Civs ??? I love world map