[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey houman, your mod probably has more useful changes than the one released by firaxis. Maybe firaxis should have made sure that their patch is compatable with your mod before realeasing it, not the other way around.

So as Houman pointed out, Patch 1.61 will quite likely mess up our own "patch" since they have not gone in the same direction as we have, and our assumptions will be difficult.

While Houman is quite right, we've discussed methods of analyzing the change using the tools available to us from having our code in a repository, etc., nevertheless, this will take time, and in the mean-time Realism will have to target 1.52.

REPEAT: Realism is based on Patch 1.52!!!!! Any releases, until otherwise announced, will be incompatible with Civ IV v. 1.61. Please do not upgrade if you want to use Realism.

We'll have to discuss this and get it all cleaned up and put in what features are nearly done, then plan a migration to support 1.61. This will make a rather large-ish gap between releases, but I'll branch our code at the point we decide to work on the CivIV1.61 conversion so that any bug-fixes can still be applied and released for Realism while we're working on 1.61.

I did want to say that I'm really enjoying the mod as it currently exists in-tree. The down-side of using the experimental version is that I can never get to the modern age, because every time I get to about 0AD, new features are released which are incompatible with my saved-game. :) I'm sure we'll release soon.

Anyway, everyone keep throwing ideas around. I feel like this thread is long enough that we could probably branch into some sub-threads, but I'll leave that to Houman to determine. Nightravn has done a killer job with the map, Houman is a Civ4 God, and it'll be great to have 12Monkeys working on more code-oriented modifications. My own meagre Python skills are going to be sorely tested as I have some re-conceptions of how to deal with religion entirely, but they're a long way off.

Cheers everyone,
Israfil

rabidpulse said:
Hey houman, your mod probably has more useful changes than the one released by firaxis. Maybe firaxis should have made sure that their patch is compatable with your mod before realeasing it, not the other way around.

Nice!! I agree. -israfil.

IMO and with what I have read on Wikipedia, it seems like Inquistion should go hand and hand with Theocracy. Did people or governments even have an idea that all heathens should be removed untill the Roman Cathloic Church started to do it in the early 1100's. It seems like you shouldn't be able to even perform inquistions without Theocracy. Also shouldn't inquistion removing some population. Inquistions usually have a mass slaughter of all heathen religions. It wouldn't make sense for a religion to just dissaper because they were told not to follow it. They were forced to follow the state religion or be killed.

Paulk

israfil said:
REPEAT: Realism is based on Patch 1.52!!!!! Any releases, until otherwise announced, will be incompatible with Civ IV v. 1.61. Please do not upgrade if you want to use Realism.

Israfil
Is their away to uninstall the 1.61 patch when you want to play Realism? If not then that will be a real dissapointment for a lot of people because most people are going to install the patch so they can play normally online.
Also, just wanted to mention, Rise and Rule/Double your Pleasure for civilization 4 is in a very early stage of developement right now because I remember that they said they would start when the SDK came out which came out today.

Not quite, we associate the Inquisition with the Catholic Church as we rightly should, but all religions have been involved in suppressing other religions at one time or another. Its all about power and claiming to have a monopoly on the truth. If anyone can prove me wrong please do, but i think its a given. I was pleased when i saw that other religions could conduct inquisitions of their own. Now thats realism.

As for the inquisition, it did not always involve mass slaughter everywhere it was directed. Couldnt kill more than was pragmatic to do so. We are fed a huge number, something to parallel the holocaust, but some reports indicate in certain jurisdictions small numbers of people were killed, and only after relapsing after their first warning. The large numbers are due to it lasting a long time.

As for the patch, this mod is far more important, and worthy. :worship:

Great mod! But I miss the wonder movies. To me that's the only thing missing from this one. Is there any way to quickly turn them back on?

@Shammy

The version in download section is already patched and will show the Movies. Download the Mod again.

The new Mod might be coming today or tomorrow anyway..so no worries ;)

I hope this mod does come out today I cant wait to start a new game, I have been playing this mod for a long time and it just gets better and better.I cant wait!!

Samuelson said:
Is their away to uninstall the 1.61 patch when you want to play Realism? If not then that will be a real dissapointment for a lot of people because most people are going to install the patch so they can play normally online.
Also, just wanted to mention, Rise and Rule/Double your Pleasure for civilization 4 is in a very early stage of developement right now because I remember that they said they would start when the SDK came out which came out today.

To be able to use the new patch AND still play this MOD you have to make a Dual install

Dual install is pretty easy.

1. Copy "Sid Meier's Civilization IV" in Program Files/Firaxis Games, to "Sid Meier's Civilization IV v1.52".

2. Rename "Sid Meier's Civilization IV" in My Documents/My Games, to "Sid Meier's Civilization IV v1.52".

3. Install the patch.

4. Run from one directory or the other to get the version you want. You'll also be able to install mods separately for the two versions, save games will be separate for the two versions, etc. The new version will have a clean install with no mods, which is probably what you want (since many old mods won't work).

Though if you have you already installed the patch you can rename the game folder to V1.61 then reinstall the game and update to to old patch, then rename that to V1.52 and change the V1.61 back to the original folder name.

I don't Know if this has been done, but the Inquisition should tick off civs that have the religion you get rid of as thier state religion. Also I like the way culture is handled in mylonmod, Can that be added.

We are almost ready to release. Few more tests and a chitchat with Israfil about distribution and it can go on...

Meanwhile read Page one for changes!! ;)

You did it a few minutes to early. ;) I just applied the last patch to the Regiment Mod.

You guys should try the Regiment Mod. It doesn't slow down the computer because the Units are scaled down.

Yea it sounds cool because the later you get into the game the more guys and the slower the game get. I have a pritty fast PC but at the later ages it starts to lag, so hope this helps. So what is the newest verson of the mod is it 72.08 or 1.00??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom