[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Regarding the Humvee and WW1 German armored car, well the problem is what type of units shall they replace? We don't have any WW1 transporter.

But we will implement a WW2 Land Transporter for Blitz krieg like plans.

The New generals will be unique for each Civ (not the modern general, which will be always the drill sergeant) They come with the new Military Leader mod that is been re-written by mexico. However we have no plans of inplementing officers yet, since it doesn't make much sense.

We are going to have our 5th member soon hopefully, who will take care completely of Civilopedia. :goodjob:

Regards
Houman

Houman said:
@Regarding the Humvee and WW1 German armored car, well the problem is what type of units shall they replace? We don't have any WW1 transporter.

The New generals will be unique for each Civ (not the modern general, which will be always the drill sergeant) They come with the new Military Leader mod that is been re-written by mexico. However we have no plans of inplementing officers yet, since it doesn't make much sense.

We are going to have our 5th member soon hopefully, who will take care completely of Civilopedia. :goodjob:

Regards
Houman

i meant not officers and generals but like competely new units?

are there any Completely new units or are all the tanks and other "new" units going to be UU:confused:

congrats on new memebr of realism mod:goodjob:

Some Units get replaced like the Persian Immortal, Greek Phalanx and the Trebuchet.

There will be a new WW2 land Transporter to bring the soldiers to the front lines. We will start the promotion of the new mod soon with screenshots. Then you might get a better idea how it looks like and how many units you will be seeing. :)

Houmie

first off good work this mod is deff. one of the best in progress, butmaybe a stubid question...but the new version will have, the earth realism map, with the new resources like the older one?

geebo, yes. Everything good from before stays there. The resources and extended Realism Map. :D

Spartan thanks for the link. I will check it out.

BTW, We got more units added today:
- US American Settler
- Fokker Dr1 (German WW1 Fighter)
- New Immortal Model
- Greeks Kopis Warrior UU
- Native Canoe (replaces Galley)

There was this WW2 Transporter (looks like a truck) I can't find it anymore....any idea?

Thanks

did it look like this...i dont know where the file is at maybe you can get it from maxriga mod

http://maxriga.civfanatics.ru/Units.htm

the canoe..:lol: :goodjob:

how about making the ironclad capable of going over ocean tiles?...in the mid 1800's waas when they were first "ocean going" vessels

this would make ironclad more useful...

Houman said:

Regards
Houman

Houman,

I found, as it looks, the only WW1 Land Transporter: MARK IX Tank

MARK IX Tank

The Mark IX tank was the World's first APC (Armoured Personnel Carrier), a British armoured fighting vehicle from the WW1.

It could carry 30!!! soldiers, but it was a lousy fighting vehicle (as expected for an APC) with only two .303 MG's as primary armament and no secondary armament.

Even the armor was almost "reckless": 10 mm plates.

As I could see in an illustration of this tank, he was very identhical to the MarkV tanks, so I think you could use the same graphic but with new stats if you want to add a land transporter as a complemet for the early tanks and warfare.

Feilong

Hmmm So we should add probably a whole new line of land transporters. WW1, WW2 and modern.

Actually we have there few units from each to implement. Thats no problem. (I dislike the idea of reusing same unit grafics with different stats)

The only thing is, which technologies shall make these landtransporters available? WHat would make sense?

Regards
Houman

Houman, guess you are right disliking the idea of having the same graphic for a new unit. Although the tanks are somewhat identhical, it is really better to have a new unit design.

As for the techs necessary to make this transporters available:

Right now the tech necessary for the tanks to become available is INDUSTRIALISM (reveals Aluminium and enables Tank & Panzer among other units), but the tech COMBUSTION enables the building of Transport (sea unit).

So, I would propose, Iron Working + Combustion - enable the building of sea and land transporters, and building of the Whippet Tank, the weakest tank, and finally, Combustion + Industrialism + Aluminium should become the necessary "items" to build the new tanks that are going to be implemented in this mod.

What do you think of this?

Feilong

This is a great idea. Two questions remain:

1) If we are introducing a whole new line of land transporters for infantry. We might need a WW1 transporter (move 2), WW2 Transport (move 3), Modern Transporter (Move 4). The problem is though, if the WW1 Transporter can be found with COMBUSTION, is the time line correct for a WW1 Transporter? Or is the player having already WW2 Tanks in this time line? Which tech as next shall provide the next level of transporter?

Unless, we only implement WW2 Transporter and Modern Transporter, which might be easier to implement in the time line.

Next question: Shall we take the Whippet Tank as the new English UU (it will have the Horde bonus) or shall we have it as the general unit for WW1 Tank and give the MARKV as English UU?

Regards
Houman

Houman,

About the tech timeline, I think it could be rearranged to make it more accurate.

Regarding Industrialism and Combustion, we have, in the game, Combustion being first discovered than Industrialism, but history tells us that Industrialism came with the first Industrial Revolution (between 1760 and 1830) and Industrial Revolution introduced steam power (fueled primarily by coal) and powered machinery. Only with the second Industrial revolution, beginning in 1850, and later in the nineteenth century , the internal combustion engine and electrical power were introduced.

So, in my opinion, Steel should lead to Assembly Line, Assembly Line leading to Railroad & Industrialism and the Industrialism leading to Combustion.

Maybe this would help correct the time line for the new tanks and transporters: Iron Working + Steam Power + Industrialism should grant the sea and land transportes, the whippet tank and the normal tank. Industrialism + Combustion + Alluminium should grant the new tank units.

But as you said, implementing only WW2 and Modern Transporter should be easier to put in the timeline, since also the game doesn't has a Industrialism II tech.

Regarding the Whippet Tank, I think he should be a general unit for WW1 because he is a little bit weaker than MarkV tanks. MarkV's should be the English UU, in my opinion.

Regards,

Feilong

@members of realism

first off..is the artillery capable of ranged attacks?

if ranged attacks is done i have some interesting suggetions

remember the discussion of tanks and infantry etc...easy fix is too make tanks
-50% in city strength...problem solved but this is part of my interesting ideas

the above might not work as then the nechanized infantry in city will be too strong but it would work if it was included in my interesting idea

and by the way

is the helos flying over water tiles mod included?...

what about sniper mod?...

and finally

sorry if i am asking too much...mind me, just really interested in this mod

thanks

item 1096 above, i have asked that question in alot of these mod's and no one responses, i also would like "ranged artillery" (or how to do it) used it greatly in CIV III.

Also tried to get answer on if there is a way like in CIV III to get your item researched to add to next item rather than starting all over each time and just getting money??

strategyonly said:
item 1096 above, i have asked that question in alot of these mod's and no one responses, i also would like "ranged artillery" (or how to do it) used it greatly in CIV III.

Also tried to get answer on if there is a way like in CIV III to get your item researched to add to next item rather than starting all over each time and just getting money??

:confused:

flying mod is one of the mod which we watnt include (but because it is SDK component, it is problematic to merge with another SDK mods) As Houman wroted before, we are waiting for some components from 12Monkeys - right now, i don't know what his component do - this is question for houman

tank vs. infantry: tank cannot capture citites, but no other advantages/disadvantages vs infantry

ranged attack - no python-based mod included yet, don't know about sdk modification (as wroted above)

now (as i wroted) we are waiting fro 12Monkeys and updating/cleaning code from merged mods (some mods was wroted before API doc and SDK was avaliable, so their code must be rewrited (in some cases i must rewrote 70% of code), some mods must be updated for cooperation with other mods - and this is too much time consuming for testing all possilble combination

@strategyonly

you mean gold for unfinished world wonder ? - maybe in SDK, but i don't look at this . And in future, we don't want to change this: if you are building pyramids, it is very problematic to switch half-build pyramid to colosus (as example)...

mod is in beta stage, is avaliable form subversion repository , and is well playable, but changes are very often, so if you want to test it, you must remember that your games can be incompatible between revisions
(if someone want play this beta, (with this limitations) AND will be reporting found bugs, please PM me - this can speed-up our testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom