1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] The Authentic Colonization (TAC)

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Writing Bull, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Vorpal+5

Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

I wondered about (2) actually... It is true that artillery, once it manages to reduce to 0% defence bonus, will toast any defender... But in the end this is historical, even if Colonization is not an historical game. Each time a siege was done, with the attacker having guns (example Louisbourg when the French were besieged by the British, but there are tons of historical examples), he won. Also, during the War of American Independence, Washington never fought in cities, he fought in the wild, because you could not resist the British Army in cities or even in plains... So in essence, the modifiers force an historical behaviour.

Now, that it is good or not, for the fun, I don't know. I just do with that... I know that a city can resist until the enemy artillery gets the defence modifier near 0, and then it is time to either counter attack or retreat. Particularly true against the King's artilleries, they start with a strength of 4 and have +150% on attack...

2. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

That should not be the case.
    Once you loose your first city, they will be generated in the next "capitol".

But yes, they are always generated in the current capitol.

But maybe I am wrong and did a mistake programming this. :dunno:

3. mackkk

mackkk Chieftain

I would like to make it more precise on the nativie merc recruitment bug which I posted before.

Once I lost my capital city I was not able to buy their services any more. I would get an offer from the tribe's chief, accept it but never get a merc and nither would be made to pay for him. So it looks like after you declare independence natives are not able to send you any reinforcements anymore but they still make their offers which, once you declared independence, you can't take advantage of.

4. raystuttgart

That would be a bug then.
    Thanks for reporting. :thumbsup:

5. Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz aka Akropolis

Only when you loose your capital? I got in the independence wars nativ mercs.

6. Naetur

Naetur Chieftain

Hi!!! I'm quite new here. A friend of mine told me about this mod and I have played a bit since then. It's great! Thanks God someone put Portugal in, which is the authentic colonization. Well, I have one problem... Everything seems to work good with the mod, but since I installed the mod the names of my cities in the new lands are not displayed. So I can't see the names and my production at the moment either. And the same goes with the native cities... I see nothing in the box where the name and the teaching of natives should be displayed... Has anyone got the same problem??? Thanks in advance and greetings from Spain,

Naetur

7. Vorpal+5

Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

I can't help on that alas, sorry.

If someone of the TAC team can answer my post #199, I'm rather curious about his fact (Indians hating me). Please? :)

8. Writing Bull

Writing Bull Chieftain

Hi Naetur! :) Welcome to the forum ...
    Could you show us a screenshot of that problem, please?
    I will ask Elwood, our expert for diplomacy, to answer. ;)

9. Naetur

Naetur Chieftain

Hi Writting Bull!!

Thanks for the warm welcome and such a quick reply :)

Here I attach a picture with the problem I told you about the mod. As you can see I have two cities near two native cities... Not one of their names are displayed in the map. Also my own production at that moment and the teaching in indian cities are not showed. I tried all options and nothing seemed to work.

Though I really hope it's a silly thing that can be easily solved. Or maybe someone else has got the same problem. At any cases I wait for your answer.

Dankeschöen!! :)

Attached Files:

10. raystuttgart

Are you using a localized version of CivCol ?
    (Something like "Russian" localization ?)

11. Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz aka Akropolis

Did you become such error messages at starting Col?

12. Naetur

Naetur Chieftain

Well, I play the game in Spanish, not special alphabets such as Russian or Chinese. Actually I changed the language into English and the issue stayed the same.

No man, I got no error messages at all.

13. raystuttgart

How did you install the mod ?

Did you directly put it into the folder "Mod" of the game installation directory ? <-- better
    Or did you put it into "MyGames -> Colonization -> MODS" ?

14. drwcody

drwcody Chieftain

Please explain further raystuttgart? There is only "MODS" folder to place in. There is no "Mod"

Also natuer is using MAC notebook, could that have something to do with it? Look at his screenshot. No names at all for the cities and the native village has a jewish star next to where the name should go? and way to many missionary crosses?

How to see the names properly? Again, he's using MAC notebook with the colonization app

15. Naetur

Naetur Chieftain

I did it through "My Games -> Colonization -> MODS". Could you please explain to me which is the other way?? I don't understand which is the installation directory... That could be the reason, but I don't know what you mean about that other way of installation. Thanks!! :)

16. Naetur

Naetur Chieftain

No brother, Mac is not compatible with the mod (so far) so I'm running Colonization and the TAC mod only with Windows. That can't be the reason...

17. raystuttgart

1. Please take a look into the installation folder of the game itself. :)

It is probably something like:
    c:\games\colonization
    or
    c:\Program_Files\colonization

In there you should find a folder called "Mods".

2. Use manual installer of TAC and extract it.

3. Copy the complete extracted folder into "Mods".

4. Run the game and load TAC.

18. Naetur

Naetur Chieftain

Thanks Raystuttgart, now I know what you mean. But I'm afraid there is not a folder named "Mods" at least I create it. The only "Mods" folder is placed in My games -> Colonization".

Actually, I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it all again... I did it in English this time... I updated it with the official patch and then I installed the TAC mod again. My problem stays the same. Names of cities and information about those cities are not displayed in the map.

I hope someone else can help me with this. I really want to play the mod in a normal way and I'm starting to desperate :(

19. Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz aka Akropolis

Have you tried ohter Mods for Colonization? Do they work?

20. Naetur

Naetur Chieftain

No, I haven't, Karl-Heinz. The only mod I saw very attractive was TAC. And the funny thing about this mod is everything goes well but the names of the cities...