1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] The Authentic Colonization (TAC)

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Writing Bull, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Writing Bull

Writing Bull Chieftain

Hi Yamato, :)

our current version is TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell. You can find the download links at the first posting of this thread.

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Sidd sei mit dir! Bless you all who did this wonderful mod to revive the fun in one of my favorite games of all time!

3. melcher kürzer

melcher kürzer Explorer

Thank you! Glad you like TAC. :)

4. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Chieftain

I'm enjoying the mod, good work!

I think I'm going to adapt my map to the mod as well.

5. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Chieftain

6. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Chieftain

I agree that the balance isn't yet right on whaling. I think the mechanic is awesome though, brilliant idea and a very fun, new feature for the game! But yea, maybe increase the prices a bit.

7. Colonel_Zation

Colonel_Zation Chieftain

Is there a changelog or specific list of features somewhere ?
    Downloading and playing the game to find out what it's all about is bit much to ask.
    If you would have introductory video on youtube would be also acceptable but list of features would be best.

8. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

The amount of features, improvements and changes of TAC is incredibly huge.

It is basically impossible today, to list them all. :dunno:

When Robert Surcouf and myself started Religion and Revolution (which is based on TAC) I once tried to create such a list but it was definitely not complete.
    (Maybe Robert can find the list again. I will ask him. :thumbsup:)

Why do you need such a list ?

9. Colonel_Zation

Colonel_Zation Chieftain

It is much simpler to have that list than downloading a full mod and trying to figure it out while playing it.
    Besides - nothing is impossible. You just need the motivation, just like i need it for trying it out. Without the list there is no motivation for me.

10. raystuttgart

What a pitty. :dunno:
    You will miss out a great mod.
    TAC is the largest CivCol mod, that is currently available to public.

But maybe my former team mates from TAC might be able to create a list of feature that is almost complete ...

11. Colonel_Zation

Colonel_Zation Chieftain

Now looking at your Religion and Revolution mod i can see MUCH better what's going on.
    But regardless of my motivation unfortunately i can't find the download link ! Or am i missing something here ?
    Could you tell your mate Robert to have a link in the first post if possible ?
    Ok, just saw a placeholder in other thread in THIRD post. That's not really the way you want to go.
    Make a whole new download thread and make it sticky if you think you are going to have more versions available. I hope you don't mind this constructive criticism.
    I want to play your mod but i can't. Now i have the motivation for this one then.

12. raystuttgart

Religion and Revolution is not TAC, it is only based on TAC but developed by a new team of modders.
    (It is a successor project / modmod of TAC and only mentions things that are additional / different. It is not available to public yet.)

But I really do not want to discuss Religion and Revolution in this thread. ;)
    (That would be very disrespectful towards TAC.)

If you want to discuss Religion and Revolution, please do so in the according forum. :thumbsup:

13. Writing Bull

Writing Bull Chieftain

Hi Colonel_Zation,

yes, we have such a list. You will find Handbuch TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell.pdf at the folder TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell/TAC Dokumentation/manuals. But sorry, it is only available in German. There are almost twenty pages and it would be a lot of work to translate them all.

At the moment we are working on the current version TAC 2.03. It will be our final version. We are discussing to write a manual which will abstract our changes. But we need some users who will help us to translate a German version of that manual into an English one.

Besides we have already adjusted the German and English version of the colopedia, the ingame library. All strategy texts of buildings, units and so on are adapted.

14. Colonel_Zation

Colonel_Zation Chieftain

I had already downloaded and found that file. Google helped with the translation a bit.
    Very impressive i must add.

15. raystuttgart

As I said, TAC is by far the largest CivCol mod currently available to public. :)

16. Naetur

Naetur Chieftain

Hey guys!

Is there any way of taking screenshots in TAC?? I'm really enjoying the mod and I would like to take screenshots of my games in the best quality. How can I do it?? Thanks in advance :)

17. raystuttgart

Simply press the "Print" key on your keyboard.

Screenshots will be stored in the folder
    <UserDirectory>\Documents\My Games\Colonization\ScreenShots
    which is also linked in the install directory of Colonization.

18. Naetur

Naetur Chieftain

Easy! Thanks Ray! Well, there is not a way to have the whole screen with no menus, right?

19. melcher kürzer

melcher kürzer Explorer

Sure there is!
    "Alt + I" will hide the whole interface. "Strg + Alt + F" will enable the "Fyling Camera" mode. Also a pretty neat feature.
    But first you need to enable the cheat codes for that. Therefore open the CivilizationIV.ini with any text editor and change the CheatCode-tag to "CheatCode = chipotle".
    Have fun.

20. Writing Bull

Writing Bull Chieftain

Yes, but there is a further step: please change "AllowFlying = 0" into "AllowFlying = 1". ;)