[MOD] The Authentic Colonization (TAC)

Most easy would be to place the frigate on top of the whaling boats (without grouping them). :)

Unfortunately, the frigate will not notice when the whaling boat returns to the harbor. That is something which you would have to keep track of by yourself. :(

Yeah, I was wondering how useful posting a combat ship on the whale square would be but most of the time the privateer catches the whaling boat in transit between the city and the whale square. And I usually play on Ozzy's TAC America map which has a huge open Atlantic which is hard to police against an AI which (apparently) isn't hampered by the Fog of War.

Hi guys, I really love this mod. It makes the game the way it should have been! Unfortunately I have a problem though. I have this nice empire built up and am in war with the Spanish. I found out they have started their revolution so I will make sure they will not win. Thing is... the game crashes to desktop and the application error shows the TAC CvGameCore.dll to be the culprit. I have a saved game and repetition is really easy. If I press the end turn button it crashes. Is there anybody here who could help me out? I'd hate to lose this game...

I attached the save game. Going to the next round crashes to desktop. I tried using earlier saves (a few turns back), but always at this turn it crashes. Thanks for your help!!

Oh, also I run Windows 8.1 with the update 1.01f installed and TAC 2.03_final installed in the game folder (not in my documents).

Attachments

• Sebastiaan AD-1734-January.ColonizationSave
    383.3 KB · Views: 164
Hi MaCross,

Have you been able to replicate the issue? Would really appreciate it if you could have a look.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Cheers,

mano3m

Hey mano3m,

you can follow Ramkhamhaengs bug hunt here: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.p...rainstorming&p=5924746&viewfull=1#post5924746

He changed a variable in one of the dll's so that you might be able to continue your game. Download it and replace the original file with it (backup original first). Try if that helps.

Regards,
MaCross

Ah great, thanks a lot!! The fix works and my game continues! I can read a bit of German but wont embarrass myself by trying to write it. ;) Please thank Ramkhamhaengs for me!!!

I actually noticed in the source of RaR that the same bug exists there...

Yes, RaR has the same bug, it is technically based on TAC.
It will be Rays decision, if he's going to fix it for RaR, can't tell.

It is already fixed in RaR as well and will be available to public with next release. :)

@mano3m:
Thanks for reporting and providing the savegame. :thumbsup:

I already thanked Ramkhamhaeng for the analysis of the bug in the German forum.

Does anyone feel that missions pump out to many natives? I had my main and only city at the time up to 10 population in no time. I was starting up a second one when I decided to post and see what thoughts anyone has that have a lot more experience then me.

I would like to also know if I could adjust this to slow it down to more my taste.

I seem to get this error every time I open this mod. I have tried using both the exe and the zip to install the mod. Could someone please help me with this?

Edit: Never mind I see what happened. I didn't have 1.01f.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    93.7 KB · Views: 297
Just played my first games with TAC and would like to congratulate the authors to an awesome mod package! :goodjob:

I have been playing Civ4 for several years now (Monarch), had dabbled a bit in the original Colonization while I was young, and got Civ4Col in a steam sale last year. All Civ4Col games so far were on a Tiny Map and as van der Donck with a reduced REF.

Had my first decent game on "Conquistador" (had to reload once to avoid a wardec by the Apache, but anyway...), Bolivar and de Sa were warring against each other, I declared independence the same turn as Bolivar did in the 1730s (incidentally) and narrowly won independence while figuring out the finer details of combat in the process (such as that cuirassiers need tools etc.)

Second game, moving up to Governor, got many things covered better than before, just neglected bells and Cortes declared independence around 1700, while I couldn't even declare independence. Still, was an awesome way to lose against a competent AI! Game was funny, Penn started to rouse the natives mid-game, while Cortes appointed Pocahontas to the congress and never ever went to war with anyone... :lol:

Third game, again at Governor, now with special focus to bell production and further improvements, sandwiched between Washington and Cortes (again), but with good land. Narrowly survived a wardec by Cortes midgame, had a good military buildup in the end, was borderline crazy prepared for independence (or so I thought), declared, and the king captured Nieuw Amsterdam and Hoboken with his final wave :eek:. Managed to capture both back with the remnants of my initial force (the third wave went against a third city :goodjob:) while reinforcements held Nieuw Amsterdam against stragglers in the final round. This was, by far, the most fun game I had against an AI so far!

LOVE THE MOD! Big fan of historical accuracy, so i decided to colonize the caribean as the Spanish. I didnt end up winning, but the natives sure as hell caught it ;) I've also tried AoDII, but too many crashes. This one seems better, with the exception of one big historical defect: PIRATES! AoDII "attempted" to implement pirates, which i thought was an amazing idea, but didnt have much success. Any way of doing so yourself? Could be the one cherry on top of a near perfect mod! Just a suggestion/personal request :)

PS, I dont do much Colonization modding. Only modding experience i have is BTS, but i LOVE map-making, with a personal preference in historical and geographical accuracy, and seem to be very good at it if i may say so myself. Please let me know if you ever need a cartographer for your mods, or someone to help at least. I'd love to help in the process, and leave the mod-work to the experts. Please let me know, and i can send some samples of maps ive made in the past as reference. Figured it was worth the shot to offer!

GREAT MOD! Thanks bud,
Smug

Hey guys

Forgive my laziness but I have a question which might already been answered but I don't want to scroll trough 26 pages..

I went through the first couple of pages to find out if this mod is compatible with Mac cause this game looks awesome.. So if it is possible, can someone please explain how to install it without getting to complicated?
Forgive me if this has already been answered.
I'm currently using Macbook Pro Mavericks if that makes any difference.

Thank you, Dan

Hi TAC team,

If you're taking donations, I'd be happy to contribute. Col 1 was a game I grew up playing and was really disappointed by Col 2. This mod fixed a broken game and made it the addictive experience it needed to be!

Thank you, PettyCriminal76! :)
As mentioned correctly by Schmiddie, the development of TAC has ended quite a long time ago.

If you need even more addiction in future, you may want to try out TAC modmod called "Werewolves" (located on German civforum) or give yourself a try on "Religion & Revolution" (RaR). RaR is based on TAC and greatly enhances the game in every direction. :crazyeye:

Hey peeps, i cant seem to download the MOD, the download link doesnt work anymore. i know its been released ages ago, but ive been wondering if someone could put it up again or send it to me in some way? Would love to try it out, looks awesome!

Top Bottom