1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

@ Spartan117
    you have devils number of posts :D 666

But i havens seen Mexico post latelly ???

Winnie the pooh - dont worry hian - the afterlife isnt any better :D

2. MindProphetX

MindProphetX Chieftain

is anyone else getting a CTD around turn 350???

3. Anaztazioch

only those that posted it, and all that didnt posted it :D
    just had it :(

4. CivFanCCS

CivFanCCS Warlord

TR Team , nice job with the addon, way larger than I expected. Cant wait to get to modern era.

Playing a game as russia currently. Using a standard world map, that i made just because the huge TR map is not possible to run on my computer. Just got currency (Russia is going to grow large), pesky persians are in my way so they will be destroyed... mongols too. Anyhow, I finally got to Nationalism, going for cossacks... and the game crashes to desktop. No problems up until then. I think but am not sure, it may have to do with the repositioning of Islam, to another civ. I adopted christanity, when i was first to discover theology. The crash seems in line with the timetable for Islam to move... I will post save game, I have one that it act. autosaved on the turn of the crash, and it will not load that game. I have one 5 turns earlier that loads and then the crash will happen.. tried about 4 loads, doing different things with units etc. see if it changed outcome, but no no avail.

Also, If someone on the TR team could point me in the direction, of how the Source code interacts with the python, and when events and such are called. It would be helpful. I am going to make a mean diplomacy mod, because i really think that diplomacy in the game is lame. I always win by war, diplomacy just has to good depth to it in Civ. For example i want multiple UN style alliances (5-7 civs each), votes on trade embargos, ability to demand a civ stop researching a tech, demand a civ to stop production of certain units, etc. Dont have the time to figure it all out, so if u know of a resouce link or have the information, I would appricate it.

Oh, and as for that rediculous discussion that is way of topic on hating french or something, how dumb, grow up. This is why civilization today needs to discover aliens... so people realize, where all human, and where u where born doesn't matter. we all came from a population of 2000 or so 75000 yrs ago. (Survivors of last great volcanic eruption, NGC), everyone is interlinked...

5. flexter

flexter Chieftain

does anyone else think its stupid that the choppers cant carry marines and commandos!!!?

6. Olive

Olive Chieftain

Great Mod, really terrific. Alas, CTD AD 1444. No work around. I ope this can be fixed.

7. purger30

purger30 Chieftain

Houman, Mexico

Is there any progres with patch?

8. purger30

purger30 Chieftain

I have tested bombard with catapult on enemy territory and it works. You cant bombard any unit or tile on yours territory. This is a huge BUG.:sad:

Maybe this cause CTD when AI try to bombard enemy units on his own territory.

9. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

What about more religions? I am thinking here of the inclusion of Eastern Orthodox Christianity, Protestant Christianity, Zen Buddhism and Shiite Islam for starters. Protestantism has been added in another mod, that much i know. Its just that if we add 'variants' like this, we dont need new buildings, except for the great building added by great prophets. We all know how many schisms there have been in religions, and the inclusion of the successful ones adds a nice dose of realism to the mix. :yup:

10. purger30

purger30 Chieftain

I just had one more "unpassable" CTD in 868AD:sad:

This mode is awesome and very fun and I hope that patch fix will arrive very soon. I cant wait to play my first "proper" game.

11. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

Its hard to keep up with you dude! Always looking to improve the game! :goodjob: Still waiting on crucifixion. :lol:

12. RealAtaman

RealAtaman Chieftain

As many before me I also had missing text in the german version almost everywere - so I reinstalled everything in english and it worked fine.

There are really a lot of improvements - but then suddenly a CTD around AD 880 - no way around. Hope that can be fixed easily.

If the savegame would help - where shall I send it ?

Keep up the good work.

13. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Ha! ;) Yeah, as a serious sociology and history student i keep getting a lot of ideas as im working. But your right. Lets stick with crucifiction for the time being.

14. Oettinger77

Oettinger77 Chieftain

hmm i had a little problem after patching to 2.1
    just look at the screenshot and you know what i mean

Regards

Attached Files:

15. Vertico

Vertico Prince

I do not hate Frence. Why should I? People are just people wherever they live.
    But regarding France - I can say that they most stupid military leaders in history of the world. Examples are many, just to tell conquring wastelands of Russia or building mauginot's line :D

First were as stupid as it could be - Napoleon conqured a lot of terrain with no value with cost of dozen of thousands soldiers. Even conqured Moscow! But didn't take into consideration that Russian doesn't care of people land or value

Second was even more stupid! Why to build fortification in the border of Germany, when during the I World War Germans came from Holland :lol:
    Maybe they though that this time Holland and Belgium as superpowers will stop them! When II WW started instead of attack Germany from the other side whey they were weak and concentrated on the east, they started to defend themselves and when Germans finished with east and came to west, made peace as soon as possible :lol: I would say - peace lovers.

Military is the weakest point of France, but they have some achiewements in culture, which I admire. They were second in Europe who implemented constitution!

16. Anaztazioch

The first one in europe was Poland :)

17. Anaztazioch

@ Oettinger77

Aggressive KI - hahahaha too much dragon ball :D
    Wonder what KI is for

18. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I cant spread Zoroastrianism with missionary. Bug?

Where are Houman and Mexico? Haven't seen either post in awhile.

WarKirby

19. Anaztazioch

Hian i belive was refering ti that as well, i belive its a feature, to dont spread early religiost so that later ones wont have a state.

20. purger30

purger30 Chieftain

They are preparing new patch fix release;)