[Mod] True Culture Location and Territory Naming for the Giant Earth Map

I GOT IT! :)
Moved Steam to C:\ - now it works!
I am happy now...

EDIT:
it was in the x86 Program Files folder - perhaps this was the problem (Hungarian windows)

Last edited:
need more testing, but should be less dramatic in next version.

below my land trade route for Greek silver from Danubia going through Transcaucasia (owned by a low lifespan rebel faction that just died) has been immediately replaced automatically without cost by the cheapest route possible (going by sea now)

Amazing! Thank you so much!

So , i am near the end of my first playthrough ; it is so much fun with the giant earth map and tsl.
But somehow i have not 16 A.i.`s and the sweden guy is never there:

Attachments

• north.jpg
    north.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 51
that would depend on the starting options.

v1.0.2.5 available on mod.io

Changelog since 1.0.1.0:
  • feature: implement loading of .json files embedded in the "Resources" folder of an assetbundle of another mod or placed in the "Community" (or "Maps") folders and subfolders to add or update data for this mod
  • feature: add a "core" territory list with less territory per Empire when evolving, activated by the "Keep only Core Empire" choice in the territory loss option, thanks to FoxFox
  • balance: do not destroy immediately districts on minor faction decay
  • balance: restore trade routes from city loss after adopting a new Culture
  • balance: restore trade routes lost after the destruction of an Independent People faction's settlements on the end of its lifespan
  • bug fix: do not prevent Empires from the "reserve" pool to settle new territories
  • bug fix: allow major Empire to spawn from a minor faction that only own the capital territory of that Empire's Culture (but doesn't have a city)
  • bug fix: don't unlock culture from a territory that is owned but not fully settled yet
  • bug fix: don't resurrect a player that doesn't have any army or city, but still has at least one city occupied by another Empire
  • bug fix: build the map territory hash with 256 entries, not 255.
  • logging: add all loaded faction definition names (including mods) to the log when starting a game

Small development report, I think the mod is almost feature complete, now that we have a basic "Rise" mechanic (start from a Capital, build Empire, repeat after each Culture evolution using the compensations from territory lost), I'm just looking at adding a basic "Fall" for the AI, for Empires that are left in previous eras when there are no slots left to spawn new ones for later eras.

After that, I think I'll feature-lock this mod, and start building a gameplay overhaul mod (a new mod, based on this one, but independent)

My initial plan was to add Stability as a R&F element, then keep this mod as the "base" and make a compatible "gameplay extension", but developing something more complex like a real R&F mod while keeping the options of the base mod and having gameplay elements from each mods interacting with each other would be too difficult, for example after introducing HK Stability as a parameter on one side, while having an overhauled Stability mechanism on the other.

So I'll stop developing this one, except for patch-update if required for people that will prefer to keep the original HK gameplay, and I'm going to start developing a fully separate overhaul, including most elements of this mod, except that most of the "options" will now be fixed.

Last edited:
Whenever I try to generate a world using this mod then I am presented with this Exception:

"Value has to be >= 0.
Parameter name: length

at Amplitude.Mercury.Game.Game+<DoStart>d__4.MoveNext () [0x00157] in <d008adea21314057b787520292913948>:0
at Amplitude.Coroutine.Run () [0x00019] in <64c835451c4a41e180e10c1500a6fbd7>:0
"

I am running the game on a non-english Windows 7 system with your mod being the only mod installed.

Thanks for the report, generated maps work here, maybe one of the option is causing the issue, not sure which one, I'd like to see the full diagnostic log (the options used are listed in it)

I've copie the post about how to get the diagnostic log in the first page, see here.

Ok, I figured out what the problem was ...
I was trying to play with 16 cultures, but it ran out of AI personalities to lead them all (I only had the default 13 AI personalities).
Gedemon_Huge_Earth_mod_Exception.jpg

Ho, thanks for reporting, didn't thought of that possible issue.

I am having a game on Nation level - play as HIttites/Umayyads - I love the immersion...

Can it still be better with more geographically realistic city names based on tiles?

I have a strange problem - auto saves are not working - it hangs pending turn...
If I save, that is OK to load...

One more question: what is the starting place on the map for the 10 starting slots? I would like to start a game in Europe...

Can it still be better with more geographically realistic city names based on tiles?
Planned, but still not started.
I have a strange problem - auto saves are not working - it hangs pending turn...
If I save, that is OK to load...
Is it since the game's latest patch, or did that happen before too ?

One more question: what is the starting place on the map for the 10 starting slots? I would like to start a game in Europe...
that's option-dependent, see the screens on mod.io

Thanks for the replies - now, another one, F3 does not show the names of the territories - only blank map

Thanks for the replies - now, another one, F3 does not show the names of the territories - only blank map
working fine here, please zip and attach the diagnostic file (see first page)

Um, yesterday some official hotfix came out, and now it seems that my game save is not working with this TCL mod and some other mods I have enabled.
None of the mods have changed, as far as I know...
Hm...

OK, I attach it here
thanks for the diagnostic, nothing wrong in that part, if possible I'd like to see the first part (when loading and pressing F3 after entering the game) to see if there are errors reported there.

thanks for the diagnostic, nothing wrong in that part, if possible I'd like to see the first part (when loading and pressing F3 after entering the game) to see if there are errors reported there.
OK, here is another file - I did nothing more than load, press F3 and exit

Attachments

• Diagnostics (2021'12'20 @1554'24''091''').zip
    46.4 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom