[Mod] True Culture Location and Territory Naming for the Giant Earth Map

I think Hattusha and Kanesh would not be in the same territory then (see the map's thread for the split of Anatolia/Armenia in 3 regions, I've moved some posts), the whole Kızılırmak river is in the green territory.
Hattusa was the capital of the Hittite Empire in the late Bronze Age. Its ruins lie near modern Boğazkale, Turkey, within the great loop of the Kızılırmak River. And Green is Syria and Assyria. Armenia could be a battleground for expansion. And Hurrians are even a nation in game

Hattusa was the capital of the Hittite Empire in the late Bronze Age. Its ruins lie near modern Boğazkale, Turkey, within the great loop of the Kızılırmak River. And Green is Syria and Assyria. Armenia could be a battleground for expansion. And Hurrians are even a nation in game
I think there is some misunderstanding here, I mean green on my screenshot, the Kızılırmak River is fully in that territory.

I think there is some misunderstanding here, I mean green on my screenshot, the Kızılırmak River is fully in that territory.
Yes, sorry, I was going with my map's green.

progress report:
Spoiler :
upload_2021-10-21_13-19-18.png

Akkadians in Transcaucasia? They belong to Mesopotamia, but if they cannot be placed there due to major cultures it is better to push them into Eastern Arabia territory instead of Transcaucasia. Cities of Eridu and Ur are closer to that region anyway, for example...

I may add an option to prevent spawning in non-listed territories, but you may not see them in game then (current code allows any adjacent territory)

I'll surely add one to force spawn a camp on their starting position as they always wander a bit before settling anyway.

Last edited:
While we are on subject of Independent nations could you please rename Thais to someone else? We have Siam as major culture.

I don't plan to do factions modding, that should be possible once the tools are out.

after change to Greek:
-what happen in north Italy?

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-21_23-41-9.png
    upload_2021-10-21_23-41-9.png
    13.7 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I don't plan to do factions modding, that should be possible once the tools are out.
You misunderstood me. There are Violent Independent people Thai but there is also Siam, which I argue is the same and therefore like a bug. Simple renaming Thais to say Dai Viet with capital Thang Long would fix the embarrassing mistake by Amplitude.

@smartclick20 thanks, I'll add more log entries to check what happens there.

You misunderstood me. There are Violent Independent people Thai but there is also Siam, which I argue is the same and therefore like a bug. Simple renaming Thais to say Dai Viet with capital Thang Long would fix the embarrassing mistake by Amplitude.
ha, I get it, but sorry, I don't plan to do bug fixing or balance either, until it's directly related to the mod, especially as there will be some huge lists of fixes/balance changes with each patch at this point in development.

And I don't have the time to either, it's not a 5 minutes change you're asking, as I've already looked a bit a some of the code for displaying Empire names (yep, sorry @SeelingCat, do you remember when we had to track the Lua/UI files using Civilization names to add some code to most of them ?)

Or it may be a 5 minutes change... after hours at searching where and how to change it.

OTOH it will surely be a 5 minutes change for anyone once the tools are out.

let's do an alpha, there are still a lot to do for the next release (I've not started to code stability or extra player spawning on Empire splits or empty new culture's territory), but there is also already a lot to test with TCL for minor factions (thanks @SeelingCat), and a few options

upload_2021-10-22_1-28-56.png

Alpha attached here, just replace the DLL in the plugin folder of BepInEX.

Alpha map attached here, middle east starting positions with starting outposts may be messed without it.

Last edited:
Minor factions with "Larger Spawning Area" (allows adjacent territories for spawning) but also "Starting Outpost" immediately placed.

Spoiler :
upload_2021-10-22_1-37-30.png

yep, it works...
Spoiler :
upload_2021-10-22_1-47-42.png

Time to do some testing then :D

....and in the very first game... could it be that animals disappeared? I started as Graecia player, I roamed a whole Europe and I saw no lairs, no sanctuaries, not even a single deer. That made getting early stars a bit more difficult.

Also, a question - how to get way more faction colors, like Gedemon has in his tests? I am limited to twelve "vanilla-provided ones"...
Spoiler :
upload_2021-10-22_8-14-6.png

EDIT:
Other shenanigans found on the first gameplay:
Spoiler :
I have Scandinavia player as black. Something weird happened there.... Most likely I have a wrong map version or something...
upload_2021-10-22_8-22-37.png

Last edited:
Animals should spawn.

edit: I'll check, thanks for reporting

here is AOM's mod for more colors:
https://gc2021.com/showthread.php?tid=39

if you use something different than "Map Default" for Starting Positions in the option setting (I'll change the "default option" to "map default", it may be something else ATM), the 10 first positions are the ancient cultures start positions, very close from each other in the middle east (and Rome using "Phoenician" instead of Olmecs with the Old World only list)

important note: there are no backup culture in that build, and no automated culture picker yet, so all empires that doesn't reserve a territory for an ancient culture will be nomadic tribes forever !

Last edited:
Top Bottom