[MODCOMP] Flavoured Units

SadoMacho

spanker of civilizations
I have started making a MODCOMP with flavoured units for RFCW.

Phase 1

Flavoured units from the warlords scenarios will be added.
(completed)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4355

Phase 2

More flavoured units from the file DB will be added for all civilizations. This is going to take a long will because I am not the greatest MOD writter and I don't have a lot of time to write MODs.
(started)

Phase 3
Adding of a 2nd UU for all Civs.
(Will start if I ever complete fase 2)

@Rhye:
I have created some arab flavoured units, but on start-up of Arabia, they get the standard units form CIV, but can build the flavoured units. Obselete units can be upgraded to flavoured units too.

I was looking in your Python-file and found
Spoiler :

def createAdditionalUnits( self, iCiv, tPlot ):
f (iCiv == iArabia):
utils.makeUnit(con.iLongbowman, iCiv, tPlot, 2)
utils.makeUnit(con.iArabiaCamelarcher, iCiv, tPlot, 4)

and

Spoiler :

def createStartingUnits( self, iCiv, tPlot ):
if (iCiv == iArabia):
utils.makeUnit(con.iSettler, iCiv, tPlot, 3)
utils.makeUnit(con.iLongbowman, iCiv, tPlot, 4)
utils.makeUnit(con.iSwordsman, iCiv, tPlot, 2)
utils.makeUnit(con.iArabiaCamelarcher, iCiv, tPlot, 5)

So, I made the Arabian longbowman (<Type>UNIT_ARABIAN_LONGBOWMAN</Type> in XML)
Can I change con.iLongbowman to con.iArabian_Longbowman, or do I need to define this somewhere else?

sorry, mist you post, as I was posting myself.
I am not good as modwriter, so it is hard for me to split up the jobs, so I will try to do as must as possible myself. I'll ask some help from time to time.

I'll check out the "Ethnically Diverse Units" mod
got a link?

Units are defind based on their indeces in the xml files. (So add all of your new units at the very end)

These indeces are converted into the "iLongbowman" format in the Consts.py file. Units begin around line 599, so you will need to define them there, or just plug the index right into the function, but I am not sure if that will work, so I would redefine the new constants.

Good luck on this project! If you can finish it and get me a copy I can merge it into RFC++, because otherwise I modify some of the unit files, so it would be one or the other.

I am not changing the stats of units. A swordsman will allways have attack 6 and +10&#37; city attack, it will just look different. And not all civs will have a different look for there units. I will work with cultural groups.

I would say there's no point spending ages compiling a list yourself; I would just add all the units from the ethnically diverse units mod (it is an exellent mod, and 2 of the units were based on my ideas! ^_^); and then add or remove units afterwards. we dont want to wait all year lol
If not ill have to find a way to add the units myself :) and dont make me do that, ill probably make my computer eat itself

I'm bussy adding units from the ethnically diverse units mod but more units will be needed. I needed to look in Rhye's Python code to, so civs start out with the flavoured units too (it works, BTW) and to give the barbs the FU. 2nd UU will be added later.

Top Bottom