Modding - features explained from the modding perspective

modmod

Warlord
This topic primary for complex features, which are in most cases have an extensive DLL logic in the background.

Intented to use for features like: Learning by doing, the future social progress system, etc...
So for: how to modify large systems.

Also for complex modding which not neccesary limited to xml, but can be also about dll and python (like diplomacy, events).

Primary for the ones who think about to implement ideas (or made aware how difficult or not is that to do).

One thing I have been trying to figure out is the pattern and purpose to all the different Cy[something]Interface[oftensomenumber].cpp files (there is a CyCityInterface5.cpp file for example).

Why are there often more than one of each, and does it matter which one I add to when I make a new feature?

Why are there often more than one of each, and does it matter which one I add to when I make a new feature?
Because boost 1.32's python interface has a limitation of 64k characters. If a class is so big that it requires more than that, multiple files it is.

As for what goes into what file.... well that seems to be fairly random. We could try to clean that up at some point if it starts to bother us too much.

Top Bottom