Modding

Modders can discuss what they may do with their existing mods ... I for one will be looking at adapting my mod under development to the new Civ 5.

We're already discussing partially in Civ4 C&C, and why can't we discuss here?

I don't mean the same version of the Gamebryo used in Civ 4, but the most recent revision. Gamebryo was used for Fallout 3 and the forthcoming Fallout: New Vegas. The latest version of Gamebryo supports DirectX 11 so it is still a good possibility I would think. Firaxis have in-house knowledge and experience of that engine.

Well, good point.
But for me the screenshots don't look in that way. If they used the same engine like Fallout 3, then i would expect graphically "better" screenies.

Edit: If they don't then NifSkope will be of no use and we might need new importers and exporters for Blender.

I guess, they use something which Blender already can handle.

I have almost no experience with modding (I fooled around in the Civ3 editor a little, but never got anything off the ground. Civ4 was just too intimidating.), but I'd love to gain some. If anybody starts working on something and needs somebody to handle menial tasks, I would be your man. After becoming more experienced, I'll probably just look around to see what's lacking and try to add that. (At some point, I might be interested in taking up a new Fictionalization with cfkane's permission.)

I have almost no experience with modding (I fooled around in the Civ3 editor a little, but never got anything off the ground. Civ4 was just too intimidating.), but I'd love to gain some. If anybody starts working on something and needs somebody to handle menial tasks, I would be your man. After becoming more experienced, I'll probably just look around to see what's lacking and try to add that. (At some point, I might be interested in taking up a new Fictionalization with cfkane's permission.)

Well, if you want to take a crack at it, be my guest. I'll probably still mod, but I think I'll be done with Fictionalization after the next update. Hopefully someone else can make it a more successful conversion with Civ 5 than I did.

Top Bottom