Modern Era Ships

I think I had missed some of your ships Anthony :blush: I ha ve to say the animations are amazing, as I said before, you're really talented at animating vehicles. Even your run anims are gorgeous! Very very nice work Anthony, I'm downloading all of them and rating them A+ in the DB :goodjob:

Does it go to "1989"?

It does.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/uss-coral-sea-cv-43.25539/

Coincidentally, I had breakfast at the counter with a guy this morning who was a bomb-loader on the Coral Sea before switching to the brown water navy and delivering SEALs up Vietnamese rivers. So here she is, in her 80s configuration with Hornets on deck as she could not accommodate the big Tomcats. Ironically, her last voyage was August of 1989, right about the time she gets sunk by Backfires in the scenario. The model is from 3D Warehouse.

One more carrier coming soon and I guarantee you're going to like it.

Thanks, Oni Ryuu.

Next up, Russia's only remaining carrier in service, Admiral Kuznetsov. The ship and aircraft models are all courtesy of Wyrmshadow.

Kuznetsov.png
Admiral Kuznetsov.gif

Last edited:
I was going to ask about the "nationality" of the new carrier, but it was too late. Another gap that waited for years to be filled is now complete!

And if anyone is asking about the animation... yes there are anti-ship missiles built into the deck of the ski-jump. So that is accurate.

You can also make this a Chinese carrier by replacing the texture files and reanimating.

They are my Su-33 Naval Flanker with some Helix on the deck.

Looks good. Are the jets civ coloured?

They better not be! I removed the civ color from Wyrm's models, since at this scale it would only show up as ugly dots all over the ship.

You can also make this a Chinese carrier by replacing the texture files and reanimating.

Please, God, man, don't make me render that death animation again for another 13 hours. If I ever make the Chinese version, I'm going to substitute the detailed aircraft with those lo-poly Su-33 Fakers you gave me. My computer is too old and slow to handle these massive units anymore.

Thank you for your new ships! I'm especially happy about the Admiral Kuznetsov. And the time is right, too: She's on her first combat mission right now.

Some footage

Edit: Link corrected. New forum drives me nuts.

Last edited:
Magnífico! :clap: - And undoubtedly worth the efforts.
Thanks, Oni Ryuu.

Next up, Russia's only remaining carrier in service, Admiral Kuznetsov. The ship and aircraft models are all courtesy of Wyrmshadow.
Apropos ex-Soviet aircraft carriers, I've learned that, in Chinese (Mandarin) the same word is used for both "Aircraft Carrier" and "Illegal Island Airbase." Translated into English, that word means, "Target Practice."

:D

Top Bottom