Modern Era Ships

Aaaand out goes the Firaxis. :cool:

Using strafing runs for the attack is utter genius.

Aaaand out goes the Firaxis. :cool:

After 13 years in service it was due for a refit. :cool:

Did you do the sound fx yourself or Ares? I've not seen that water effect on a run animation before, I'm curious to see how it looks in-game.

P.S. Congrats on 1,000 posts!

I had already made the sounds for Wyrmshadow's carrier, but I updated some of these sounds for the new one. The run is a little transparent so you can glimpse the kiel while it's running.

Anthony, these carriers - and especially the detailed aircraft of these carriers - are sensational! :hatsoff::clap: Thank you very much for sharing them. :) - and congrats to your post number 1.000.

Yes but the amount of aircraft on deck would make the files 200+ megs in Bryce and slower than molasses to render or save.. You need to redo the run animation, the wave movement is 90 degrees off. Double check how you moved the texture. If you moved it X, then change the direction to Y in the editor.

Corrected Run animations at Y=-90 attached for each ship. Reloaded Unit folders are now in the downloads database.

When merging components, Nimitz overloaded and crashed Bryce. On another ship soon to be released, the death animation was 13 hours of rendering. The ww3 scenario crashed Civ III before it could load. Apparently, I take issue with limits.

Attachments

• Kitty Hawk Run.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
  • Nimitz Run.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
The Wasp-class looks great Tony! And, I don't know what you had to do for the Iwo-Jima, but I think it looks pretty good as well for a kitbash! :thumbsup:

It might just be the way I'm looking at them, but are the Sea Sparrows launching the opposite direction from the aircraft attack on the Tarawa & Wasp? The Nimitz looks like they're both going the same direction.

Wow! Now navies looks like real almost modern navies than a pack of previously created PreWW2 and WW2 ships by members of Civ3 community(no offense, they are good to but not suitable for XXI century).
One more question, would you think about adding soviet\ex-soviet landing ships? There are bunch of classes\types\models and even some of them had 3D models :)
Your american ships are real eye-candy and piece of High Art in terms of Civ3, thank you Grand Admiral!

I would like to have at least one Russian landing ship for my Soviet Landing Brigades, but I have no models for Ivan Rogov, Tapir, or Ropucha. If I can get a good model to work with, I'll definitely make one.

Top Bottom