Modern Warfare with Revolutions

haven't added anything to the mod
nothing in custom assets
playing as america(I love how each civ has its own look by the way:))
the other civs are all set to random
okay try these, the first two are from a different game then the last three.
all are custom advanced starts in the medieval era (although ive had this problem playing straight from ancient) playing as america with random civs culture, space victorys and time victorys disabled no vassal states and on noble mode thats all i can really think of.

Attachments

• spiral minaret.CivBeyondSwordSave
    248.4 KB · Views: 83
  • university of sankore.CivBeyondSwordSave
    225.1 KB · Views: 102
  • spreading out.CivBeyondSwordSave
    330.3 KB · Views: 104
  • losing money.CivBeyondSwordSave
    309 KB · Views: 93
  • mad dash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    304.4 KB · Views: 88
Hi, i recently merged CIV Gold & Modern Era Warfare aswell as abandon city modcomp into one MOD,

I have played Total War mod before, and i really really like the idea of the olympics and the way the United Nations in that mos Functions with the resolutions aswell, is it possible for someone to help me merge that part of Total War mod into my customised version of this mod, Atleast for the U.N function.

Please let me know.

FOR THE TOTAL WAR MOD:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=293

I am not good in c++ or sdk modding, so if you can assist me i think it will make this mod great especially since the emphasism is based on modern era :)

hey, i download your mode it seems like a wonderfull mode.
however i am having a problem.

as you can see i can't see the map, the unit options and etc...

Reinstall the mod, if you using blue marble only install that last! :) the interfaces with bug has gone a bit off.. I had the same problem but it works perfect now:)

not working...
what do you mean by installing it? in the text you attached to it it says to only unrar the file into the mods folder in the game's folder.
maybe i should try to download it again?

haven't added anything to the mod
nothing in custom assets
playing as america(I love how each civ has its own look by the way:))
the other civs are all set to random
okay try these, the first two are from a different game then the last three.
all are custom advanced starts in the medieval era (although ive had this problem playing straight from ancient) playing as america with random civs culture, space victorys and time victorys disabled no vassal states and on noble mode thats all i can really think of.
I cant really see what the problem is here. Its crashing soon as i load it every time. You can try removing Ethnic City Styles mod, which is located in

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Modern Era Warfare\Assets\Modules

But i highly doubt the problem is there. To me it seems like you have added a file to the mod that points to a graphic that does not work.

Hi, i recently merged CIV Gold & Modern Era Warfare aswell as abandon city modcomp into one MOD,

I have played Total War mod before, and i really really like the idea of the olympics and the way the United Nations in that mos Functions with the resolutions aswell, is it possible for someone to help me merge that part of Total War mod into my customised version of this mod, Atleast for the U.N function.

Please let me know.

FOR THE TOTAL WAR MOD:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=293

I am not good in c++ or sdk modding, so if you can assist me i think it will make this mod great especially since the emphasism is based on modern era :)
Probably very easy to do. You need to know what that feature uses, like does it consist of XML, Python and C++ changes. You would have to ask in total war forum or C++ / Python help forum here on civfanatics because ive never played it and seen what it does.
hey, i download your mode it seems like a wonderfull mode.
however i am having a problem.
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8458/65970007.jpg
as you can see i can't see the map, the unit options and etc...
Thats an issue with BUG. I have not edited BUG in this mod, so best to ask in the BUG forum in projects and development section. You will need to post the python error logs. But to take a guess, Uninstall BUG if you have it already installed because this mod has it already and previous version may interfere. Sometimes tabbing in and out of the game can make the interface re-appear.

But really to anyone having problems, Reinstalling CIV4 and Beyond the Sword can solve your problem majority of the time.

Thanks bob, ive seen everything and looked at the source codes for total war mod and this mod for the past 2 days, and honestly im completely lost:p i really do not know where to start,

The features of the MOD which i think should be implemented here and what i need help in is as follows:

Spoiler :

Antic Olympic Games

The First civilization that discovers The Athletism founded the Olympic Games. As a first step they have relatively minor effects, but can help a civilization to grow a little faster.

Thus, at the founding of the Games, one of your cities is designated as the centre of Olympism. It earns 1 extra Culture point each turn and generates 1 happy citizen if the city hosts, in addition, your State Religion.

The effects of the Olympic Games do not stop there. Indeed, the units produced in the Olympic city are given double more free EXP.

Enjoy, however, because the effects of the ancient Olympics (except for the cultural bonus), ends with the discovery of Divine Right.

The Olympics are reborn when you discover the Tourism. See Modern Olympics.

Captured spy

When your services find an enemy spy, it has 75% chance of being killed, and 25% of being caught. In the case of a capture, the enemy spy join your camp.

A captured spy can be tortured in order to make you earn Espionage points against its original civilization. However, any torture involves risks, dependending of the physical and mental condition of the unit. The more you torture an agent, the less he will offer you Espionage Points, and the more he will be able to succumb to its suffering. If you want to use a spy or give back an enemy, it is advisable not to abuse torture. Remember, finally, an agent weakened by torture will be more likely to be killed if you trust it with a mission and he gets (thus avoiding more easily catch).

An officer caught can also be returned to its original civilization by the command "offer unit". A people (led by IA), which receive a captured will appreciate you more for over 35 rounds. Some consider it is suicidal to give back an enemy spy, but ultimately it will relate without too much sacrifice knowing that the spies are anyway easy to produce for a player.

Finally, you can use a spy to carry out espionage missions or for a simple recognition. A spy caught will be much more difficult to neutralize, within its civilization of origin, if he does not act. Thus, it can move at will, thus providing you with valuable geostrategic informations without running great risk (risk core are divided by 3). And if you made him do a mission of espionage, know that it will cost half as much, but it has much less chance of success (as a double agent dies automatically if he fails, he can not be captured).

The last piece of information it is important to clarify is the costs engendered by the retention of captured spies. In fact, their loyalty is very low, they are affected by a surcost of 1 Gold/turn.

Chemical Weapons

In this project, and particularly with the discovery of the Medicine technology, you have access to chemical military units. This means they use biological agents to weaken opponents.

The chemical attacks are of two types: attacks with bombs and collateral damages.

In the case of a simple attack + collateral damage, with a chemical unit, attack will proceed as usual, except that the units suffering damage are likely to see their healing capacities reduced. In modern conflicts, often dangerous, the use of some chemical gunners can be very useful.

If the unit has a capacity to chemically bomb a city, in this case, at each of its bombing , the population will have a percentage of chances equal to the bombing capacity of the unit, of being poisoned (+1 during 1 turn). This functionality requires a true chemical armada at its disposal to be really annoying. Also a unit capable of chemically bombing a city may not attack the defenses.

Condemned civic

The apostolic authorities and the United Nations can vote on resolution of condemnation of a civic. If and only if this civic is adopted by one of the voting players. Are condemnable by the United Nations, some of the most extremist civics. And are condemnable by the apostolic palace, religious civics involving the choice of a state religion.

Choosing a condemned civic generate a diplomatic penalty from the voting members and exclude the civilization to the clan of members wich can vote, which in itself is not always a bad thing (as you assess the risks and benefits of such a situation.)

It is possible that a AI player proposes such a resolution and pass it, in which case it can influence the course of the game. But from a human point of view, the interest is more subtile. It allows to return some civilizations against another. Especially in the framework of the apostolic palace. Indeed, if you want to attack an opponent who has a state religion shared by you and your allies, but he chose a different religious doctrine, you can try to condemn it to make it a pariat and attack without offending your brothers in faith, even with their assistance.

From a historical point of view, the interest is basically to be able to condemn the reform, or the Crusades, among others.

Constitutions

In this Project the United Nations and the Apostolic Palace have a constitution, that is to say, a charter of rules governing their functioning.
The constitution determines above all the criteria for allocation of votes and the rules inherent in the General Secretary (Number of candidates in particular).

The constitution is never drafted at random. When creating an institution, its members have to propose constitution projects, then chosen by a vote. This is done in as many rounds as necessary, each time eliminating projects with 0 votes and the least popular.

The criteria for the allocation of votes at the United Nations are: Population level, Prestige of cities, Military power, Commercial power, Industrial power, Cultural level, Territorial size, Number of cities, Egalitarian Votes (same number for all).
The criteria for the allocation of votes at the Apostolic Palace are: Number of followers cities ,Followers Populations, Prestige of followers Cities, Implementations Level, Egalitarian Votes, State Religion.

The rules inherent in General Secretary are quite simple, the choice is between the absence of General Secretary (anyone can propose a vote, depending on its electorate weight), double candidature, or triple candidature. An opt-cumulation of mandates for the Secretariat General is available in case of dual or triple candidature.

Epidemics

In this project, an excess of may trigger a disease, usually contagious.

Once affected by a disease, a city suffers disadvantages such as a level of increased, which can be determined in a more or less random (depending on the disease parameters), but which always corresponded to a percentage of the pre-existing .

In addition to direct disadvantages caused by a disease, it is often contagious and may spread to the around cities, even (to a small extent), to any connected city. The spreadchances of an infection can be determined by different factors. Some plagues propagate more in the cities already sick, others are favored by the presence of jungles, and some others are easily spread without prerequisites.

A city may recover naturally. His chances of recovery depends on the level of .

In addition, there are methods to increase the cure rate of a city and/or to limit the chances of spread to other cities:

Massacre sick people
Available in the Epidemics Screen, this feature allows you to sacrifice all or part of the infected (known) population to increase the chances of cure. This is of course a radical solution, which has the merit of being relatively effective because, beyond its effect, it allows, with a smaller population to have a report / more conducive to good recovery. It is still advisable not to use it only in order to heal faster. Prefer rather the combination with other solutions in the context of a counter-propagation strategy.

Local Acts
In the Civics Screen, you can apply Local Acts to cities, that can help you in the fight against an epidemic. These are specific to each city, and generally require that she is already reached (which is logical).

Free City

During the capture of a city, a player has the option of creating a free city. This type of act must be careful thoughtful as it will determine the fate of the city for some time. Indeed, no city can leave this status, except in cases of conquest (or recapture) by the enemy, or when decolonization (Resolution of the UN).

When you create a free city, you acknowledge the city a form of regional autonomy, which will increase its level of dissatisfaction (due to the ambiguity of the status and rebels), and generates new maintenance costs (+50%) . Some disadvantages non-negligible know that it will take into account.

The interest of the Free City is an immediate effect on the cultural level of the conquest. Indeed, the city recovers 100% of the points of culture available to it before your "coming". In addition, the risk of cultural revolt are halved, and the destroyed world wonders probabilities are reduced by 50% during the conquest.

Thus, the Free City is a good choose if you take a city with strong cultural potential, and/or if your troops are too much undisciplined to preserve World Wonders from plundering. Finally, remember that a Free City could not be created in case of recapturing one of your cities.

Genocide

In this Project, by dint of capture/raze cities, it can happen to genocide a people.
YIn this case, you get all technologies, in its possession, that you have not even discovered. And your cities know a nationalist euphoria during one turn, to celebrate the death of your enemies.
Nevertheless, the ancient cities ofgenocided people know consequent discontent (25% of the population), and a number of your opponents are likely to want you. The project Work of Memory can put an end to these effects in exchange of other disadvantages.

International Taxes

In this project, participation in the UN (obligatory) involves some additional expenses based on the percentage of votes held by the player. The collected money feeds the treasury of the institution, which then finance resolutions requiring funding (such as development aid or intervention of the peacekeepers). Being a non-voting member (excluded) of the institution does not exempt to pay the international fees.

In addition, a supplementary cost which doesn't feed the United Nations's treasury increases the amount of money you must pay every turn. It corresponds to the hijacking and corruption inherent in this type of public expenditure basically opaque. The corruption cost of is based on the loyalty of your governors.

Military Base

The Military Base is a status that you can apply to a foreign and freindly city, by using a General General

It allows a player to post permanently, 4 air units in the city. It can also enable your units to heal efficiently in the city (it is most useful if you want to defend the territory of an ally), and to enjoy its healing facilities (Hospitals).

The two first advantages of the military base are well suited to a distant conflict, the two others are especially useful if the current conflict focuses on the territory of your ally and if you wish to support him by the participation of your troops.

Modern Olympic Games

When the civilization wich have created Olympic Games discover Tourism, the Modern Olympic Games can begin.

As a first step, the Olympic city wins 2 extra Culture points/turn (the culture of the ancient Olympics does not become obsolete with the Divine Right, so Modern Olympism produces 3 Culture points in total).

It goes on held every 13 laps, new Olympics. The preparation of the Games lasted 3 turns and their beneficial effects lasted 10 turns.

The preparation of the Games therefore takes 3 turns. During the first one, civilizations wich have contact with the creator of the Olympics designate one of their cities as a candidate for the organization of the Games. Indeed, hosting the Olympic Games can increase suddenly the cultural level of the city on the order of 10 to 80% from its current level (imagine the interest to hold the Olympics in a very cultivated city...). They also enable it to generate a little more Tourism, for the duration of the Games. The only drawback is that the city sees its maintenance costs increased (in the order of +100%). A civilization can of course decide not pose any candidature.

Then the second round. The city wich will host the Olympics is designated by the IOC. If no one has filed any candidature or the few applications that are truly bad, the IOC may cancel the Games. Once the deliberation made public, potential participants choose whether or not to participate in the forthcoming sports competition. Joining saving medals and thus bonuses, and not get angry with the Nation.

Boycott Games on the other hand, damage the state of your relationship with the organizer (0 to -4 points), but improves your relations with other countries wich boycott too. In addition, the boycott reduces the cost of maintenance of your cited by 15% (for the duration of the games) which is not negligible, and it also reduces the impact of the Games in preparation (an excellent means of sabotage in the sum). Worse, if more than half of nations boycott the Games, they are cancelled.

The handling of the Olympic Games is very subtle, it is important to assay its interests, reducing its maintenance costs at the risk of his deteriorate relations with another nation is not necessarily wise. Finally, an important point namely the IOC will organize more often Olympics within the Olympics' original nation.

Once the preparation is complete, the Olympics are held, this is the Third round. 20 proofs (4 by category: Athletics, Water sports, Mountain Sports, Team Sports, and Combat Sports) are contested by the participating nations. Only gold medals are counted, of course, and then are awarded bonuses to the civilizations that have prevailed over the victory.

Each medal obtained increase of 1 Commerce/10 points of population, incomes from tourism in your cities.

Be caution, however, this bonus is temporary and ends at dawn the next Games.

Nuclear Dissuasion

The possession of nuclear weapons reduces the chances that your opponents have to consider a conflict against you. Depending on the state of your relationships, the number of atomic bombs they have, and you have, the heat of war your enemies can be restrained.

Nuclear dissuasion is less effective as soon as your opponent has created SDI and/or get a large nuclear arsenal. But as long as you have atomic weapons, it remains ever present, even at a minimum level.

Passage Agreements

In this project, the Free Passage Agreement is splited into 4.

Thus, the ground units, naval units and aerian units have, each, an associated passage agreement. It becomes impossible, for example, to make naval units crossing foreign waters without the signature of a treaty designed specifically for this purpose.

The Fourth Agreement is the commercial agreement. It allows to connect the cities of two empires, particularly in the context of trade routes.

Piracy

After the discovery of Piracy (or another tech) and before the discovery of Electricity, coastal cities have a chance to produce pirate ships. This is not an advantage.

These vessels are generated randomly, depending on the level of discontent in the city. A city largely satisfied no worries to be. The others may well become a breeding ground for piracy.

The pirate units plunder improvements, maritime trade routes, and attack ships whatsoever, trying to collect a consequent loot.

Each vessel that the attacker manages to destroy it makes money. Each also looting. After 50 Gold harvested, he retires. Until that time, it may be quite disruptive, but also an interesting prey. Indeed, destroying an attacker lengthy you can capture a part of his loot.

Religious Persecutions

A religion can be driven out of a city in 3 cases: by the people (randomly), by an opponent or by your own services.

In the first case, it is the citizens of a city that hunt for themselves a religion, seeing it as a sect of low importance. A religion can not be hunted if it is state religion, or if you have opted for the civic Free Religion. It is therefore advisable, if you want to keep a number of religions within your civilization, moving to a very tolerant religious system. In any case, a religion can not be driven out of his holy city.

A religion can also be driven by the spies of your opponents. Of course, you can chase a religion in an opponent city too (if you think it is a factor of development too important). As in the first case, a religion can not be evicted in case of Free Religion, let alone its Holy City. In contrast, a state religion may well be the target of such an attack.

Finally, a religion can be driven out by your own means by clicking on a religion in the city screen. As in the other cases, a religion can not be expelled from his holy city, and no city in the event of Finally, a religion can be driven by your own means by clicking on a screen religion in one of your cities. As in the other cases, a religion can not be expelled from his holy city, and no city in case of Free Religion. You can not drive out your own state religion. Similarly, a vassal can not hunt a religion created or chosen as a state religion by his master.

Resolutions (evolution)

This article help you to understand functioning of some of the new resolutions of the UN and the Apostolic Palace who deserve a little more explanations.

Assistance to developing countries
his type of resolution is strictly UN action, not a law. This means it can be passed and voted again several times.
Assistance to least developed countries represents a sum of Advanced Start Points distributed to half of nations with lowest scores. The number of points distributed is determined by the player proposing the resolution, and will be divided equally among all beneficiaries.
This resolution, like few others, has a cost that will be deducted from the treasury of the institution. This cost is determined by the number of Advanced Start Points attributed.
This type of resolution is altruistic, but it can also serve as a support to large empires. So if you and your allies have vassals still weak, you better use the treasury of the United Nations to help them grow.

No war Charter
In this project, some resolutions may directly penalize the members of an institution by imposing strict rules. If a member doesn't respect one of it, he becomes a excluded member, he lost its votes and can't participate to any debate. The no war charter is one of those resolutions.
Available for the UN and for the Apostolic Palace, this rule excluded from the institution, States triggering a conflict without using a war resolution. Thus, an unilateral war, while this rule is in effect, makes a player leave the institution in the hands of your opponents, which may take the opportunity to get everything and anything without your consent.

Condemn a civic
Like the No war charter described above, the condemnation of a civic imposes a rule that must be respected not to be excluded from the institution. The UN and the Apostolic Palace both have this type of resolutions, but are not condemning the same civics: the Apostolic Palace seesk to interfere only with religious policies of its members.

Sending of troops in a conflict zone
This type of resolution is available at the UN and only on areas where a conflict takes place. For each application for assistance correspond a conflict area (an island or a continent) where a conflict takes place (there must be belligerent troops and/or civilians on the referred ground).
The resolution is also granted by the player who decides to propose a vote, a number of units to send. For each unit sent an additional cost will be deducted from the treasury of the institution. These units are Peacekeepers. They have an automated and defensive behavior, parameterized by some options which can be found in the mod's INI file. By default, they defend all the cities in the territory of intervention, and can therefore hinder a project of conquest.
his type of resolution is associated with an action (not with a rule/law), it can be voted again several times and in different contexts.

Cultural exception
This resolution, available in UN, prevents all players to produce in plots that only a foreign city can work. Over time, it can terminate the nibbling of border by peoples culturally strong on weaker peoples.

Reprove a Religion / Ban a religion (Concern the Apostolic Palace only)
In the same way that a civic can be condemned and lead to the exclusion of members who have adopted it, a religion can be reproved, so the members who have adopted it as State religion lose their seat in the institution (becoming excluded members).
Once reproved, a religion can be prohibited with a newly available resolution. In this case, any implementation of the religion is driven out of the members' cities and their installation becomes impossible. This type of solution can enable you to fight against the spread of a cult enemy, but it can also allow you to make more place for the influence of the Palace's religion, in you target Religious Victory.

Prohibit a resource
Numerous resolutions of the UN propose to prohibit a resource. If one of them pass, the corresponding resource will disappear from the map, and therefore will no longer be exploited. In passing on a plot which have the prohibited resource, you can see a red note telling you that there were at that place, a source of this resource, now banned. Of course, this kind of resolution can be "un-voted" in which case the resource re-emerged on the map and can be further exploited. The interest of this type of resolution is clearly strategic, especially in a world where the players are not too inter-dependent.

Senate

Under some types of government (Representation, Universal Suffrage), the Senate can interfere with your military policy. Thus, it may invalidate your declarations of war and/or force you to sign a peace treaty with your enemies.

The decisions of the Senate depend in particular on the scale of the conflict, either potential or actual, and its real interest. Thus, pursue a policy military under democratic regime becomes more difficult.

However, when an opponent make unpleasant acts to your nation, by a boycott, a negative vote, an espionage mission, etc. ..., you have a sufficient pretext to carry out or suffer a war without the Senate to intervene. Any excuse is valid for one turn and then throughout the conflict in case of a declaration of war. Of course, malicious acts of enemies who are already at war against you should not be a pretext to circumvent the Senate.

Slavery

The slaves are civilian units sacrifiables for many purposes, relatively low value but which can make a real difference.

Obtaining slaves

The slaves are usually obtained at the end of a battle or by raiding a conquiered city. The standard rate of enslavement is defined in function of the difficulty level, and can be knowned in the Empire info screen. Various factors can increase your rate of enslavement, and in particular the civic Slavery.

You can also get a slave from one of your opponents, particullary if he's your vassal (when slavery is abolished, vassals give you a migrant instead of a slave).

Using slaves

The slaves have multiple uses. They can be sacrificed for the construction of an improvement (with Serfdom civic). Thus, they will fill the job of a worker in a single round but succumb under the weight of the work.
They may also be assigned to a city, as a specialist. But be careful, because if you can win 2 Yields/Turn, the slave specialist also generates an unhappy citizen. Instead, it is advisable to use such a practice, at least early.
The slave can also permit to accelerate a production. It can, as easily, be sold and make money, or sacrificed and enhance the cultural level of a city. The slave can be freed to accelerate growth of a city. Or it may be given to a governor, increasing his loyalty. Finally, once you have discovered the Guerilla, you will be able to arm them (but it will cost you some money).

Abolition of Slavery

To abolish slavery, through the appropriate civic, prohibits production of slaves. Your existing slaves (specialists and units) become migrants wich can be settled in a city to accelerate its growth.

Tourism

Tourism generates income depending on the cultural influence your Wonders, and the commercial potential of your cities. This income is increased by choosing Cooperation civic.

Tourism is only possible if you discover the technology of the same name.

Trading Posts

The Trading Posts are specific cities, adapted to the distance. They are less expensive in maintenance and have 5% of chances to each turn to produce a slave, as long as you did not abolish the slavery.

It is the ideal solution to base a remote city, interesting on the geostrategic plan. Less expensive, its production of slaves will help you to develop it, even far from your grounds of origin. The governor of a trading post is less affected by government distance.
Of course, it is not prohibited to build a trading post on grounds close to your capital but the trading post not being able to be founded that by a Navigator (Great Person), it is very little probable that there remain virgin lands close to on your premise.

Vassal States (evolutions)

In this project, vassalage estates are divided into several types. Each type of vassalage has its own particularities, and each has a field in the civilopedia (see the dedicated category).

Other new thing: a human player can become vassal of an AI player.

Monopoly

In Total War, from a certain era (End of Antiquity), civilizations can be in a monopoly position on certain resources.

To do so, one must first satisfy certain conditions. Lay, in the first place, at least two production sites of the resource. And control 100% of world production.

Having a monopoly simply increases the amount of commerce generated by the exploitation of the resource.

Some resources (fewer) are more conducive to the emergence of a monopoly. Putting his hand on a site operating abroad, in order to complete a monopoly, could become an additional ground for war. You can be helped by the Table of resources (info screens) to know what proportion of world output you hold, and get a glimpse of the road ahead to a new monopoly.

The cultural resources (Music, Movies,) are not affected by the monopoly for obvious reasons. Monopolies are desactivated automatically on small/very smal maps (less than 3 players). For others, monopolies can be disabled via the game options (File XML/GameInfo/CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml)

PART 2

MORE INFORMATION ON THE VASSAL STATES:

Spoiler :

Annexed territory (requires Fascism)

+1 in the vassal's cities
Additional costs for the master: high
Gift to the master probabilities level: 100%
Vassal emancipation requires the equivalent of 50% of the master's territory size
Vassal emancipation requires the equivalent of 50% of the master's demographic level
The vassal can emancipate is he lost at least 50% of his territory after signing the agreement
The vassal can emancipate if the addition of his territory and his master's one were reduced under 50%
The vassal can put an ultimatum after a conflict with: Marxism
No fog of war on the vassal's territory for the master
The vassal's territory is "friendly territory" for master's units
The vassal can't drive out a religion if the master have its Holy City
The vassal can't drive out a religion if the master have chosen it as his State Religion
The master can train the Unique Unit of the vassal
Shared resources, Shared monopolies (managed by the master)
The master pays vassal's International Taxes
The vassal votes at master's Universal Suffrage
The vassal gives his international votes if the master have chosen the Universal Suffrage civic
The vassal doesn't have the right to propose his cities for trade with other players
Frozen borders between the vassal and the master (the continue to be spread)
Wars and peace managed by the master
The annexed territory is a status of vassalage which includes high interdependence links with the master, but also more emancipation opportunities

Colony (requires Compass)

+1 in the master's cities
Additional costs for the master: normals
Gift to the master probabilities level: 150%
The vassal can emancipate if the addition of his territory and his master's one were reduced under 50%
The vassal can't drive out a religion if the master have chosen it as his State Religion
The vassal's resources are inevitably all availables for trade with the master
The vassal doesn't have the right to propose his cities for trade with other players
Convertible in: Annexed territory, Dominion
Can't be traded with an existing player
The colony is a status of vassalage which result from the secession (organized by the master) of some cities far away the capital

Dominion (requires Democracy)

Additional costs for the master: low
Vassal emancipation requires the equivalent of 50% of the master's territory size
Vassal emancipation requires the equivalent of 50% of the master's demographic level
The vassal can emancipate is he lost at least 75% of his territory after signing the agreement
The vassal can put an ultimatum after a conflict with: Democracy
The vassal can lead separed wars
The Dominion is a status of vassalage, which let some leeway to the colonized people, preventing in some contexts, a paralysis of the country which remains an ally

Protectorate (requires Polyarchy OR alternative tech)

Gift to the master probabilities level: 50%
Signers must be in peace
The protectorate is a negotiated status of vassalage, signed by two people who feel close and, above all, have a common military interest

Puppet State (requires Feudalism)

Gift to the master probabilities level: 75%
The vassal can emancipate is he lost at least 50% of his territory after signing the agreement
Signers must be in conflict
Convertible in: Annexed territory, Dominion
The Puppet State is a defeated nation which transfer a part of its sovereignty, constrained by a very unbalanced peace treaty

More Information on the U.N

Spoiler :

NEW UN VOTES TYPES

Abolition of Capital Punishment (requires Medicine)

-Required votes: 51%
-Health: +1, Maintenance costs: +10%

Decolonization

-Disables Protectorates, Colonies, and Puppet States, Disables Free Cities

Subventionned Agriculture (requires Globalization)

-Food: +25% from Trade Routes

Free sale GMO (requires Genetics)

-Food: +25%, Sickness: +20%

Agreement in the rights of the hurted persons (requires Médecine)

-Cure rate of the units: +30%

Agreement rights of the victims (civilians) (requires Medicine)

-A taken back city gets back its level of population of before-conquest

Agreement in the rights of prisoners (requires Medicine)

-Prisoners cannot be destroyed / They are returned at the end of every conflict

Convention for prohibition of chemical weapons (requires Vaccine)

-Prohibits Chemical Weapons

Cultural Exception (requires Globalization)

-Disables production of in an adverse city exclusive action radius

Antitrust legislation (requires Globalization)

-Required votes: 70%
-End Monopolies

War damages limitation

-Cities can no longer be razed

No war charter

-Temporary exclusion of a member in case of a declaration of war not validated

Protection of native peoples

-Forced peace with Barbarians

Help to less developped countries

-Required votes: 50%
-Give some Advanced Start Points to the less developped players

Pollution Gas Market (requires Globalization)

-Additional Incomes/Costs function of your gas emissions

Condemn a civic

-Players wich choose a condemned civic can no longer vote, Multiplayer: Impossible to choose condemned civics for voting members

Share Maps

-Required votes: 60%
-Share maps between voting members

Prohibit a resource

-Make a resource disappeared

Sending of troops in a conflict zone

-Permits to send blue berets to defend cities/territories in conflict

NEW RELIGIOUS VOTES

Share Maps

-Required votes: 60%
-Share maps between voting members

Condemn a civic

-Players wich choose a condemned civic can no longer vote, Multiplayer: Impossible to choose condemned civics for voting members

Condemn a religion

-Reduce to nothing the voting rights of players who have opted for this State Religion

No war charter

-Temporary exclusion of a member in case of a declaration of war not validated

Global management of missionaries

-Required votes: 55%
-Permanent/Voting members' missionaries are automatically gifted to the Resident of the Palace

Ecclesiastical justice

-Required votes: 55%
-Crime due to poverty reduced / Probability of revolt due to increased, according to the influence rate of the Palace's religion

Prohibit a religion

-Prohibits the religion in permanent members' cities

These are all the concepts, that are in this other mod, i feel if we can merge these concepts and features into your mod, and have option screens etc. It will make Modern Era Warfare mod one of the best mods around. Especially since i already managed to merge CIV IV Gold witht he 120 civs available all animated aswell:)
Which the total war mod does not have, but your mod has, and also the revolutions which modern warfare has but total war does not have hence i feel the merger will be awesome!!

Some new Concepts to add in:

Spoiler :

Military Base

The Military Base is a status that you can apply to a foreign and freindly city, by using a General General

It allows a player to post permanently, 4 air units in the city. It also reduces the impact of distance on the Units' loyalty. It can also enable your units to heal efficiently in the city (it is most useful if you want to defend the territory of an ally), and to enjoy its healing facilities (Hospitals).

The two first advantages of the military base are well suited to a distant conflict, the two others are especially useful if the current conflict focuses on the territory of your ally and if you wish to support him by the participation of your troops.

Include the mod comps:

Culturally linked starts (got the source code and mod);
Archeology (Got the source code and mod) ;
Abandon/Raze City (got the source code and mod);

Links to all the mods in question:

In regards to technology and the concepts from the total war mod we can always replace the technology required for a particular concept with an existing tech in the modern era mod, same goes for the civics. All i think we need to do is take the aspects of the concepts and just use the core principles and embed it into modern warfare mod. If its possible. All credit will be given to everyone who created the above mods aswell :)

Anyway this is my suggestion, at the moment i am stuck as i am CLUELESS as to what to do. I managed to get the source codes of all whats required just unsure how to do it If anyone interested in helping me please let me know. I f the creator of modern warfare mod wishes to help me let me know please i am willing to learn how to do all this myself but require guidance. Perhaps we can work together or something. iVE ALREADY GOT HTE CIV GOLD IMPLEMENTED just by the way:)

Links to the MOD CONCERNED FOR TOTAL WAR:
http://www.civilization-totalwar.com

Anyway this is my suggestion, at the moment i am stuck as i am CLUELESS as to what to do. I managed to get the source codes of all whats required just unsure how to do it If anyone interested in helping me please let me know. I f the creator of modern warfare mod wishes to help me let me know please i am willing to learn how to do all this myself but require guidance. Perhaps we can work together or something. iVE ALREADY GOT HTE CIV GOLD IMPLEMENTED just by the way:)

Links to the MOD CONCERNED FOR TOTAL WAR:
http://www.civilization-totalwar.com
Well Civ gold is easy to merge since its all in modules and a simple copy and paste. I cant help you, it takes many hours to do what you want. I suggest you email the people who made that mod and ask them what these features require whether it be XML, Python, C++ or a combination. If you get stuck you need to go this forum and not this thread

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=271

umm i am sorry, but what is BUG?
Its the interface, its a ton improved than regular BTS. The people who made it are in this forum
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268

Hi,

I am playing as Dutch with a 192*120 map. When i complete the Civil Service research game exiting abruptly without any message. I tried a lot of times and it is getting exited in the same place. Please help me in this. Also im not able to enter the world builder when i was playing in this very huge map. Game ends abruptly.

One more thing i have absorbed. For any research i did that games gets exited (tried printing press and the others)

Edit: For any map i play in the planet generator 0 68. It is getting hanged when i advance to reconnaissance age.

I have attached a save game. Please help me.

System Config:

Intel c2q Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
2GB RAM
ATI HD4830 512MB GFX Card

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1442.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
hola¡tengo un problema señor,al cargar el modulo,el menu princpal y todo ello y el juego no se ve la interface,de que puede ser?

[QUOTE = BobeBrown; 8982830] Bueno Civ. oro es fácil ya que su combinación de todos los módulos y una simple copia y pega. No puedo ayudarte, toma muchas horas para hacer lo que quiera. Le sugiero que enviar la gente que hizo que los modelos y pedirles que lo que estas características requieren ya sea en XML, Python, C + + o una combinación. Si te quedas atascado necesidad de ir a este foro y no de este hilo

http://forums.civfanatics.com/foru...dos veces y sigue igual.. ¿que solucion hay?

Truly awsome mod, my personal fav.

I am however used to oldskool resource icons and am desperately trying to change them back to how they were in vanilla but am completely at a loss as to how - nothing seems to work and I cannot find the new art files nor files referenced in art_defines.

Please help?

I downloaded the mod...dropped it into the Mod folder, then when i load the mod and play, it plays just like a regular game....no additions....what am i doing wrong?

Bobebrown,

Any update on your progress here? I would like to play the updated version. Even though FFH and its modmods are good, I like a modern mod just a much. Hope yer close to releasing!!

Keep up the good work!

I will not be adding any new features to Modern Era Warfare. The reason for this is Civilization 5 is coming out and im very busy in real life.

There is one change that I have made that I have not released. I will add this to the third post in this thread so people can download it. Its a simple change that increases unit cost per turn. The reason for this is to reduce how big armies can get, a fundamental fault of CIV4. Armies should never get as big as they do, so I have slightly increased the cost of units which should reduce how much units a civilization can support by 30-50%.

Ive have played many games and its it does work very well. With less units, the games become more tactical and turn times are heavily reduced even more. Again, see the third post for details on this. (Only modern era->future era units cost have been increased)

Hi Bobe, this is a great mod-comp which I'm enjoying very much so thanks for this! :)

I'm having a problem with it in Multiplayer with a mate -every time we attack with a unit we are getting OOS errors, rejoining fixes it until the next time we attack with a unit. Being attacked is fine its just when the players initiate the combat.

We've just finished a game using the next war mod and that was fine, the problem only started with MEW.

So far we have been starting in classical with the Revolutions mod off, Barb civs, tech diffusion and dynamic names on. 10 civs total - all the new ones added by the mod (barb civs saw this number hammer upwards right enough as we hadn't modified our ini files). This on a huge planetgenerator0.68 map.

We restarted with random events off to see if that helped, also deleted our BTS folders from the my docs folder but we are still getting the OOS every time we attack with any unit.

Do you (or anyone else here) have any pointers as to what might be the cause of it as we'd really like to play this out in multi.

The other question I have is that for multiplayer might not your older 200mb version work better?

Top Bottom