1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Warfare with Revolutions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by BobeBrown, Feb 16, 2010.

1. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

This is not multiplayer compatible. You should go check out the RevDCM multiplayer thread. If they have fixed it and it works, it should be a simple copy over XML files to use this mod with multiplayer.

Personally I have never played multiplayer. Still have great games with the computer. I normally play as Israel, England, Russia or America. I had a great game today with Israel. I started off next to Castro the leader of Cuba, things quickly turned sour as he was Christianity and I of course was Jewish Israeli state :p Sorta built my wall of defence along my boarder with him and put him down quite quickly.

Then I explore the rest of the map and see Arabia has been busy conquering the globe and has 7 vassal states to its name. Took me all afternoon but I managed to beat back Arabian forces and its Vassals started to drop off and once again become free nations. Now everyone is in eachothers faces trying to become the dominant nation. I think a huge war that will involve all nations is looming :D

2. kine100

kine100 Chieftain

This mod is much more than a lot better than what I expected...

-Land-Air-Sea, it's real modern era warfare!
    -I just figured out what's differences between the bombers and AC130 doing.
    It's greate, the AC130 and A10, they earase the units on the ground, not only making them weak.
    -I'm still trying to figure what are the big differences among Mig, Harrier, F15 and raptors.
    -The humvees, I doubt why I need them, but they are very useful in wartime.
    -I still miss LHA and anti sub helicopter on the vesseles.
    -What about the subs are able to carry the special forces?

Thanks a lot for your efforts have been made.

3. idontknow

idontknow Chieftain

Having played a set amount of time on this mod, I think it is a very good one; being a mod that incorporates other mods, this mod, I think, can incorporate still even more mods to make it even better. Examples of such mods are the expanded city size mod; the xxl world size mod; and finally the car mod. The names of the first two mods obviously imply what they do except the last one; the last mod speeds up the speed of the game.

Incorporating such mods seems to be an easy task; but unfortunately for me I am deficient in computer skills and can not even set up the SDK properly to edit the dll source code. So I ask those who see this post, especially the mod creator, to incorporate the mods that I requested to incorporate, or at least tell me how to do such a task (but you'll have to tell me how to set up the SDK; I read the modiki but I can't follow it completely)

4. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

CAR is included through RevDCM.
    XXL world size mod is a possibility.
    Expanded cities I am not a fan of :/

If enough people wanted to see an update I would make one within a day or two because I have the time at the moment. I would use the latest versions of BUG/RevDCM etc, But I would need suggestions of other features people would like to play with.

5. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

CAR is included through RevDCM.
    XXL world size mod is a possibility.
    Expanded cities I am not a fan of :/

If enough people wanted to see an update I would make one within a day or two because I have the time at the moment. I would use the latest versions of BUG/RevDCM etc, But I would need suggestions of other features people would like to play with.

My ideas are:
    Beefing industrial era
    Add Iran, North Korea, Nigeria, Indonesia, Phillipines.
    Modern and Industrial Era wonders
    For use with Natural Gas resource - Gas Power Stations

6. Jennvare

Jennvare Prince

Hey Bobe,

If your serious about an update, I would like to see one. I know I've thrown some ideas around previously in this thread. I think the only feature I would like to see come back is the "Always War" option where it is every civ at war with everyone else and not just the human player. An older version had this, but didnt carry over to the current version. I would like to see that come back.

There were some other good ideas in this thread. Wouldn't mind seeing some of those as well, but the 'Always War" is the one I would like to see return. Anything else you add is just a bonus.

Hope to see it soon!

7. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

Waiting on RevDCM 2.72. Having trouble with the souce code from 2.71.

Im thinking of beefing this mod quite a bit because I think Civilization 5 is going to be quite bare of features compared to civ4 mods. Will need something to play till Civ5 Expansion packs ^_^

Im going to change the civics completely but not make the over complicated because at the moment they bore me. I've looked at a few other mods and have some of my own ideas. I want governments to be much more diverse. Not sure how this effects the mod atm, but I will look today. I think Dynamic Civ names will have to be taken out.

• Civic changes
    • More wonders in all eras
    • Terrorist events
    • Extra national wonder
    • Bigger maps
    • Add premade maps
    • Natural gas power station
    • Two modern era food corporations
    • Five more civilizations with leaders
    • Increase base cost of modern era units
    • Make all resources tradeable, but lower some bonuses
    • Beef WWI-WWII era with units and technologies
    • Always War feature reintroduced
    • Promotions - Increase paradrop range (If i can get it working)
    • Rejig the air interception and air power
    • Unque names for naval ships

8. Jennvare

Jennvare Prince

If you want a good base for black operations and terrorism, look for the White Lies Black Ops Mod. Ive got that one and its a good expansion of espionage that CAN make it worth putting more percentage into espionage. Combined with revolutions, would create alot more national instability and a need to have strong defenders in all your cities.

The WLBO mod was finished quite a while ago, but it something to look into if you want terrorist activity.

For increased units costs, Pie's Ancient Europe has a good layout for that.

Just a couple of things for you to check if your still fishing for ideas.

9. idontknow

idontknow Chieftain

I have some suggestions for improving the feautures in this mod; they're pretty much simple. The first one is adding one health point to cities with access to the potato resource and the granary improvement, just as cities with the granary improvement already receive one health point for access to each other type of crop resource such as the corn and wheat resources. The second one is adding one happiness point to each city with access to the diamond resource and the forge improvement, just as cities with the forge improvement already receive one happiness point for access to each other type of commodity minerals such as gold and silver. The third is adding a modern counterpart unit for the marine; for why should the marine not also improve as the regular infantry improves into the "modern infantry"? The modern counterpart for the marine entitled simply the "modern marine" should obviously have more strength, more strength points than the modern infantry, and should probably have upgrades attached.

The last is not as easy a task to accomplish: it is modifying the trade route scheme. The whole point is to make possible the trade of hammers, gold, and food from one city to another. One city can trade either base hammers, base food or both to another city that is connected to it by either road, coast, ocean (with astronomy), or river (with sailing), in exchange for gold; the city that receives the base hammers, base food or both from another city loses gold equivalent to what that city receives. Why implement such a concept to the trade route scheme? It is to make the game more realistic. In the real world there are cities that specialize in something such as agriculture, fishing, and mining; such cities that specialize in such and such always have an abundance of their specialty products and thus export them to other cities. Large cities such as New York have large populations, but are not necessarily surrounded by vast farmlands to support their large populations; instead they import their food from other areas (such a concept is not represented in the original game, the game expects the cities to supply themselves with everything without any trading). Also the number of trade routes a city can have should also depend on other factors such as the availabilty and quality of natural harbors, the concept of which has not been added yet.

These are the suggestions I can think of or can recall at the moment. If I can think of or can recall any other, I would post them down.

10. St1nky

St1nky Chieftain

Mine Warfare mod would be a nice addition

11. Elparigo

Elparigo Chieftain

Hi

I'm new on the forum and I have played Civili 4 for many months.
    I downloaded "Modern Era Warfare 1.0" mod, but I got a problem:all the titles and names are invisible, so i can read nothing, have a look on the picture: http://img163.imageshack.us/i/bugciv4.png/][/URL] , end it is the same problem during the game...

I have the complete edition, and beyond the sword is 3.19.

I don't see the same problem on the forum :cry:

Can you help me please?

Thanks

[Sorry for my English, I'm French :D ]

12. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

Interface problem. I have not seen that before, but it be wise looking through RevoultionDCM thread that inside forum Civ4-Modpacks. Probably reinstall would fix.

I looked at the source code for WBLO a few months back, its extensive and I dont think it would work well with Revolutions. Would make everything so complicated.

I am making a new update and it has many of the requests. Its looking sextastic at the moment and I hope to finish shortly.

13. Elparigo

Elparigo Chieftain

I downloaded it again, and re-installed but I have the same problem.
    Civili 4 is at max on my computer (graphisms, sounds etc), and I have never downloaded mods.
    Thanks to follow my trouble :)

14. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

Come back in a day or two and I will have finished the next version. It has the latest version BUG (which is a better interface and such)

15. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

New version uploaded.

[size=+1]Changelog[/size]
    • Added Modern Marines
    • Added Modern Paratroopers
    • Changed Modern Infantry graphics
    • Changed Modern armor graphics
    • Added M1 Abhram Modern armor as unique unit USA
    • Added Wonders
    • Added and edited civics
    • Added Terrorist events
    • Changed resources
    • Added National wonders
    • Added Buildings
    • Gigantic and Giant map sizes
    • Added troop transport promotion
    • RevDCM 2.721
    • Some more things that i forgot :p

16. Jennvare

Jennvare Prince

Hope you put in the Always war with every civ for itself.

DL'ing now

17. republic-an

republic-an Chieftain

Wow, can't wait to give this a spin. Is there a Modern World Scenario included?

18. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

It does not lol. I cant be doing with Python and modding BUG. Theres hardly any information on how to mod with BUG and I really dislike python. I spent a few hours trying to get that Always War working but I could not get it working with BUG. Done a few C++ classes in school, So i dont mind messing with the XML and C++ source files. I'll probably have another go at it next week but atm Real Always War is not an option.

19. Elparigo

Elparigo Chieftain

20. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord