1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Warfare with Revolutions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by BobeBrown, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Elparigo

Elparigo Chieftain

Oh! sorry...:sad: when I put the game in English, the mod works great...
    I'm really sorry to disturb you whereas it was just a problem of language...

however, thank you for help

2. Jennvare

Jennvare Chieftain

Hey Bobe,

Just started to play yer new and improved mod.

First thing I noticed right away, I dont get any notification of what I get out of goody huts. Any way to turn these notifications back on?

3. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Chieftain

Lol no worries, my apologies for not speaking french.
    Yes thats a bug! I cant get them back on in the BUG menu, so its a Python issue. I'll find out how to fix that.

4. Uncle Anton

Uncle Anton Lighthorseman

Looks good... Downloading :)

5. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

ThomasSG has mentiond in the CCV subforum (but only in german) that this is a "bug" somehow in RevDCM, where this just has been disabled.
    You maybe should talk to him.

6. Jennvare

Jennvare Chieftain

Hey J,

Think you can help Bobebrown with putting a feature back in. He use to have the Always War option reworked so that all civs were in a constant war with each other. In his previous version, he had creditted you with that accomplishment. Think you could help him put that feature back in?

7. Zmon

Zmon Chieftain

Thank you!!!! This is exactly what i need for my scenario!!!!!

8. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Chieftain

oh ok, ty for the info.

Yes The_J made that, I'm sure I would have to pay for his services though lol.
    Glad you enjoy. Let me know if you scenario requires anything else, I can possibly add it in a later update.

9. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

I like this mod a lot, I really do.
    There is only one thing however that annoys me to no end.

I was playing the game peaceful, beating the living hell off my neighbor shaka when I went to check up on my friends the Vikings. And behold, they hate me now.

Somehow, I got about -10 with them on account of "you refused to help us" even thou I clicked the "do not bother us" option in diplomacy. I thought the option was there specifically to avoid the kind of idiotic AI behavior where they send you unreasonable demands and give you negative points for refusing. WHT?

10. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Chieftain

Whaaaaaaat! It did not use to work like that. Ima go test right now.

11. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Chieftain

I just spun through 300 turns with 15 civilizations and pressed them all 'Cease Bothering us' straight away. I only noticed one negative modifier appear, which was -1 with Shaka for refusing to accept a civic. There shouldnt even be one :/ Slight hiccup there. I played a couple games fri/sat this weekend with this latest version and did not notice this little issue. Strange how you got to -10 :/

12. The_J

I've seen it, i've seen it.
    If i understand it right, the problem is only that Bobe wants it to be a separate option, right? Then i also can't help, because new game options need SDK changes, which i'm also not capable of.

13. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Chieftain

No just wana use it as you create it. Replaces original Always War with your newer version using Python. I got BUG in here and cant make sense with merging it. If you can help be greatly appreciated.

14. phungus420

phungus420 Chieftain

I've spent literally hundreds of hours of work on RevDCM, which you are using in this mod, yet I do not see my name in your credits. To be honest I'd prefer not to have something so close to my main project use my work, but that's not possible, and also isn't right as RevDCM is a team project worked on by multiple people. But at the very least I demand that you credit me for the work I have done (also glider's name is absent).

15. The_J

Did you go through the tutorial for adding new python things to BUG?
    EmperorFool has a link to it in his signature, and it's very well written (just went through it myself).

16. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Chieftain

You annoy me. Who are you to say I should not post a mod? This website is free to the public and its not about ego here, its the love of the game. I have not even used anything from your mod that im aware. Your Mod Legends is not anything like mine, I have a strong focus on a realistic modern era. I have drawn ideas from Quot Capita, Nations At War, Rise of Mankind and CIV Gold and then added new content in the way I like to play.

17. phungus420

phungus420 Chieftain

No where do I say you shouldn't post a mod, just expressing the fact it is somewhat frustrating to know that alot of work I have done is being used here that directly competes with my project. But this is the price I pay for developing RevDCM; RevolutionDCM has been, and will always remain a public mod free for use for all people interested in using it as a stable core for their mods. Also if you had simply given credit where credit is due I wouldn't even have brought this up, but you're just using my work without even acknowledging it.

I think you need to reread the list of developers for RevolutionDCM. Also if you want specifics you can check out the last 100 SVN revisions for RevDCM; my name will appear alot, and that amounts to hundreds of hours of my work you are using, this is why I am demanding that you give proper credit.

18. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Chieftain

No worries, Your name is covered where it says RevDCM team. Its all credited. You did not invent Revolutions, Someone else did. Maybe they should be having a ego attack like you and complaining at you for using Revolutions in your mod.

Just chill and play CIV4 dude, You take yourself way to seriously.

19. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Even if Phungus does truly annoy you, it is unwise to say that in a public forum.

You really should add him to the credits. You have me credited, and I've done peanuts for RevDCM compared to Phungus. It's great that you're using RevolutionDCM as a base for your new and interesting mod, but please give credit where credit is due. A lot of the people here have put a lot of personal time, time that they do not have to spend, to ensure that their mods operate and work smoothly.

Cheers, and good luck with the modding. ;)

20. The Number Pi

The Number Pi Irrational Number

I've downloaded the mod, and I have a problem. When I start a game, when it is making the map, the game freezes at the loading screen under the "initializing" part.

I've re-downloaded it and it still happens. The only thing that I think cound be wrong is that my civ game is installed on my D drive(This is where I installed the game, in .../Beyond the Sword/Mods).

:help: