Modified Scenarios Workshop

Hi Gapetit,

I don't know if anyone else has experienced the same problem but I tried to open your LOTOR.rar file from 2 different computers and keep getting a 'No Archive Found' error message.

Could you please try to upload it as a zip file instead to see if that works?
Same for me
:eek: There is no problem. If nobody has problems with winzip I will upload them that way. Although all of the above I have sent in winrar. I don't know if it has to do with the version of the program that I currently have :confused:.

Attachments

• LOTOR.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 145
:eek: There is no problem. If nobody has problems with winzip I will upload them that way. Although all of the above I have sent in winrar. I don't know if it has to do with the version of the program that I currently have :confused:.

It's hard to say why the rar file didn't work but I can confirm that I was able to successfully open the zip file. Thank you!

The original one worked fine for me, too, but I use the freeware 7zip program designed by Igor Pavlov to open all my archive files, and have never had a problem with any of them.

Here's the beta for ToT Pax California. It's mostly complete, but I might've missed a few details.

Attachments

• PaxCalifornia_ToT.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 108
Hi all,

Kull's the "Ancient Empires 1200 BC - The End of the Bronze Age v1.1a" scenario has been updated with new graphics and to run with ToTPP. It can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

This was a sister project to his "Ancient Empires 3500 BC" scenario, though whereas 3500BC was more an Empire building game with objective based victory conditions, 1200BC is more a typical objective based scenario.

Both are a great deal of fun and challenging to play.

I'm still playing the Seize the Crown! scenario, which I'm really enjoying. Very entertaining and graphically perfect. I include a latest version, with minor changes.

As the scenario author, I have to agree that the conversion is graphically perfect! Well done, and thanks. (Is it Fairline who did the unit graphics?) I have been playing through it the last couple of evenings. One thing that doesn't work the way it should is the stackable squares: the idea with STC (as an SP game) was to make it hard for the player to besiege AI cities. If you can stack your units, it's just too easy. Can that feature be turned off easily?

In the rules.txt file there should be a cosmic2 section near the top with a line for NoStackKill. Something like this:

@COSMIC2
NoStackKills, 1

To turn it off you can either set it to 0:
NoStackKills, 0
or simply comment the line out with a semi-colon:
;NoStackKills, 1

Last edited:
As the scenario author, I have to agree that the conversion is graphically perfect! Well done, and thanks. (Is it Fairline who did the unit graphics?) I have been playing through it the last couple of evenings. One thing that doesn't work the way it should is the stackable squares: the idea with STC (as an SP game) was to make it hard for the player to besiege AI cities. If you can stack your units, it's just too easy. Can that feature be turned off easily?
I'm glad you like the ToT conversion. Yes, the units are made by Fairline, his visual quality is incredible. For the issue of more than one unit being removed, it is well explained by Tootall. That exceeds the conversion, and it is because I do not like to lose several units in a single attack, which forced me as a player to always carry a Settlers unit, accumulating the transformation, to generate a defense in the attack zone . This is how to play with ToT, but with ToTPP, I modified that option and some others in @COSMIC2. I decided not to delete it in the versions after ToTPP, because I thought it could be used or discarded by the players. But certainly I never thought that I could modify the structure of the game for "new" ToT players, who already started with the PP. In this case there is no problem in the downloads, because it is from Catfish, but in the conversions of your scenarios made by me, I have no problem removing that addition. You tell me.

In the rules.txt file there should be a cosmic2 section near the top with a line for NoStackKill. Something like this:

@COSMIC2
NoStackKills, 1

To turn it off you can either set it to 0:
NoStackKills, 0
or simply comment the line out with a semi-colon:
;NoStackKills, 1

Thank you, Sir! I'll do that in my copy - but the version modified by gapetit - well, it's up to him, really. He did the hard work of the conversion and I wouldn't put him to the trouble of re-compiling the pack and re-issuing it for such a small thing that can be so easily altered. Maybe just a small note on the download page?

The text can be: There is an adaptation to TOTPP: you can delete or modify it from @COSMIC2.

G. Thanks so much for converting the Italian Wars - I was trying to find my old mge version to try and do something with it myself. Likewise Stefan's Fire and Roses :goodjob:

Many thanks to my favorite artists: Fairline and Tanelorn.
G. Thanks so much for converting the Italian Wars - I was trying to find my old mge version to try and do something with it myself. Likewise Stefan's Fire and Roses :goodjob:
I believe that the scenario has many possibilities and more graphics of the units can always be included in a (relatively) simple way.The truth is that your units improve to any scenario. Thank you very much for your new units.

Top Bottom