Modified Scenarios Workshop

I agree...It's no exaggeration to say the CIV2 scenario industry would be in oblivion without fairline's input.

Indeed. Just imagine if we were STILL fighting over whether Nemo-esque or Hi-Res graphics were better. :p

Thank you. The scenario had already been passed to ToT for many years, but the new Fairline units encouraged me to finish the job.

First version conversion for ToT with the new Fairline units: War of the Roses, a scenario for Civilization II: Fantastic Worlds by Nick Clark.

Last edited:
After several attempts, I have added a new Mamluks ToT version, which still needs to check the correct operation of the events. If someone is encouraged to play it, I would like them to tell their opinion, and if it happens, everything that is indicated in events. I have started a new game, and I hope everything goes well. Saludos
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/mamluks-for-test-of-time.24148/

New Convertion for ToT: THE CRIMSON MANUSCRIPT -- WAR IN GRANADA (v1.1) by Jesús Balsinde

Being unfamiliar with the original version of this scenario, I thought it might it have the 1981 Cold War Caribbean Island intervention. Joke was on me! I should have seen that one different vowel between Granada and Grenada... :p

Being unfamiliar with the original version of this scenario, I thought it might it have the 1981 Cold War Caribbean Island intervention. Joke was on me! I should have seen that one different vowel between Granada and Grenada... :p
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for converting these scenarios, gapetit! I appreciated playing them during my holiday break.

It is obvious that Exile put tremendous care into making the Charlemagne scenario. The modified Pedia, Labels, and game.txt files really capture the mood of the medieval period. I am not sure if anyone has played Charlemagne all the way through, but I noticed a couple of errors. The Franks do not receive the promised Siege Train and Siege Engineer units when they discover Siege Engineering (Construction) because the wrong tech number is specified in the Events file. All instances of
@IF
RECEIVEDTECHNOLOGY
technology=87

should be replaced with:

@IF
RECEIVEDTECHNOLOGY
technology=18

Also, the Uprising and Widukind units are supposed to be a thorn in the side of the Franks, but they would not attack me. I think the problem is that both of these units were mistakenly given non-zero "holds" in the Rules file. When I changed their # of holds to zero, they actually began attacking the Franks (which they ought to have done, given their "role" as attack units).

I have attached the corrected Rules and Events files.

Attachments

• Events.txt
    21.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Rules.txt
    39.9 KB · Views: 59
Thanks for converting these scenarios, gapetit! I appreciated playing them during my holiday break.

It is obvious that Exile put tremendous care into making the Charlemagne scenario. The modified Pedia, Labels, and game.txt files really capture the mood of the medieval period. I am not sure if anyone has played Charlemagne all the way through, but I noticed a couple of errors. The Franks do not receive the promised Siege Train and Siege Engineer units when they discover Siege Engineering (Construction) because the wrong tech number is specified in the Events file. All instances of
@IF
RECEIVEDTECHNOLOGY
technology=87

should be replaced with:

@IF
RECEIVEDTECHNOLOGY
technology=18

Also, the Uprising and Widukind units are supposed to be a thorn in the side of the Franks, but they would not attack me. I think the problem is that both of these units were mistakenly given non-zero "holds" in the Rules file. When I changed their # of holds to zero, they actually began attacking the Franks (which they ought to have done, given their "role" as attack units).

I have attached the corrected Rules and Events files.

Thank you very much minipow for the improvements to evens and rules. I'm going to include them on scenario. :goodjob:

CHARLEMAGNE A Civ2 Scenario by Exile for ToT:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/charlemagne.28585/

The scenario conversion: Gok Blue: first Turk empire by Prometeus is already finished, and I think I never did one that had been stopped for 10 years, its conversion so fast (the last graphic bonus from Tanelorn was without a doubt the auction). Some things remain, such as improving the flags and changing a city. But it seems that it is fully playable and there are no problems. I hope you enjoy.

PD:
I have made minor changes to the units and I think they look better on scenario. But with the flags, I have included the Byzantine flag of Fairline and I modified the Iranian flag, which I think has been quite dignified, but with the Turkish and Chinese, I am not able to improve them, and they are too simple and schematic. Does anyone dare to create them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom