Modified Scenarios Workshop

Frhed looks a lot easier for bulk editing so I'll switch to that; thanks again! :goodjob:

Hi Gaptit,

I've been following this latest hex editing lesson with a lot of interest as I still struggle with this process despite your previous attempts to teach me. I persist to learn because I believe you can still teach an old dog new tricks! :lol:

What is this base.scn file you say you use? Is it downloadable from somewhere?

View attachment 659277

Hi Tootall,

The base scenario is any conversion to ToT from both Catfish and me. You simply choose a scenario (which becomes "base"), mark the first block (5778
to 6289) next to the same block in the scenario that you choose to remove the corrupted zone (which we call "changed"). You copy the first and replace the second. Then you no longer need to choose the second block in the "base", because that choice is valid for the next 7 civilizations. You would go "change" by picking out the rest of the blocks and substituting them. You save it and this job will be finished and you won't have any more problems with this scenario.

Thanks for sticking around 'post-retirement' to help people @gapetit ! Much appreciated! As with your guidance hopefully others will be able to fill the void!

Hi, here's an old Fantastic Worlds scenario, Alba de America by Jesús Balsinde, converted by me. Many thanks to gapetit, his recent posts made me revisit and fix this conversion (it always crashed on turn 1, so I postponed releasing it). The error was in the corrupted tables.
Were Academia's NWO or Michael Dauben's The Great Game ever converted, out of curiosity?

Were Academia's NWO or Michael Dauben's The Great Game ever converted, out of curiosity?
Don't know about Academia's NWO, but M. Daumen's The Great Game was converted. There was even an "improved" version for TOT floating around (mainly with more unit types, not sure about other changes). I have both in my archive somewhere.

Don't know about Academia's NWO, but M. Daumen's The Great Game was converted. There was even an "improved" version for TOT floating around (mainly with more unit types, not sure about other changes). I have both in my archive somewhere.
If you could post it here (at your convenience, of course), I'd be most obliged.

If you could post it here (at your convenience, of course), I'd be most obliged.
GGame-M.zip is the improved version, made by Keu.
GG2.zip is the original, gg2_units.png are units replacements for it.

Attachments

• GGame-M.zip
    481 KB · Views: 26
  • GG2.zip
    400.1 KB · Views: 18
  • gg2_units.png
    gg2_units.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 71
GGame-M.zip is the improved version, made by Keu.
GG2.zip is the original, gg2_units.png are units replacements for it.

I thought that this scenario had been included in the downloads, but I see that it wasn't (I think I remember why I was thinking of including Keu's at the end, which I don't have in my finished scenarios -I have to see at what stage I forgot about it-). The latest version is the one I include (from 2020), which I modified with new Tanelorn units and a little more.

Attachments

• GGame.rar
    1 MB · Views: 30
@gapetit , another conversion of yours that seems to be missing from the downloads is Historibus Europae (by Henrik Lohmander).

I do have this one in my final scenarios, but I haven't modified it since 2011, so I suppose it doesn't have the problem of the barbarian units that disappear... I must not have played anymore and therefore I did not make any other modifications. .. maybe it didn't convince me.

Wow that was fast. :p

(shhh that's the joke) :mischief:

------------------------
MOSCOW -- THE THIRD ROME
by Michael J. Daumen
------------------------

Fixed the problems with the exclusive technologies, I can say that the conversion to ToT of the scenario is finished.

Attachments

• Moscow-ToT.rar
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 27
Here's a conversion of the two original scenario for ToTpp.
It features according general graphics for units and terrain, an additionnal terrain in option for the wwii scenario to use (or not), two optionnal units for the wwii scenario to use or not (by default set to "no") and a diplomatic restriction for allied, german and russian in the wwii scenario only, plus a restriction erasing the explorer unit from the wwii scenario production. Also altered early artillery units to make them ignore city walls.

That said, it seems the ToT AI is handling this scenario way, way, way worse than the original one did.
It probably needs hex-editing with the .scn files on that point if I understood well Catfish's excellent guide, which I can't provide.

Been looking for these, thanks!

By the way, if you wanna play this original WWII scenario for ToT with the Original dadais expansion mod, here's the event file allowing to integrate it :

It alters few of the mod values, changes some units' unitType to match the military era, adapts governments to match the mod's, adds two units (and four more if axis is ai), alters axis name to german to grants access to panzer and ss units, replaces harbors resources, and gives lisbon to neutral (instead of spannish)...

Met an issue with tutorial spawn at the beginning I couldn't correct.

To notice, this integration is possible with any scenario providing units are existing in the mod and lands are corresponding (thus scenario is not too much personalized).
That's just a little lua code.

Attachments

• ModOriginalDadaisExpandedevents.7z
    38.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Top Bottom