[ModMerge] Religon and Revolution with 2 Plots City Radius

I will respond to your question over there. :)

It keeps crashing on me

This modcomp as it is will might cause CTDs and other problems to features of Religion and Revolution.
(CityRadius is used in many parts of the logic of Vanilla and also in new logic programmed for Religion and Revolution.)

These parts of the logic need to be checked and adjusted if you want to create a stable ModComp that fits well into an existing Mod.
(This has not happened for this ModComp.)

But it has been said by the author:
Play on your own risk. :dunno:

Please be informed that this is just a merge.
No corrections, balancing changes or any other adaptions have been made.
It is purely meant to give you the chance to play the standard RaR with bigger cities.

Nevertheless, any findings and bug reports of course are welcome, but don't rely on me to have them fixed, as I am just a beginner in coding. You will play at your own risk.

It keeps crashing on me.
Can you give more information?

This modcomp as it is will most likely cause CTDs and other problems to features of Religion and Revolution.
(CityRadius is used in many parts of the logic of Vanilla and also in new logic programmed for Religion and Revolution.)
Well, I have been playing the game now for the past days and I don't run into any (technical) problems so far. From a technical point of view the merge seems to work flawlessly.
No CTD's for me.

I admit that the cities' increase in size is not yet balanced. But this doesn't seem to be CurtnoAnna's problem.

So, in order to find out what is going on, more information is needed.

Personally, I like to play with mountains (peaks) being impassable as long as no road (or paved road) has been built there. Therefore, no units except units in the profession "Pioneer" should be allowed to enter peaks.

This now has been realized with this version of the CvGameCoreDLL.dll

Procedure:

• Make a copy of your current CvGameCoreDLL.dll (whiich you may find in the folder ".../mods/Religion_and_Revolution1.3_2PCR/Assets")
  • Save that copy to any place you like
  • Load the CvGameCoreDLL.7z from here
  • Unpack it to any place you like
  • Replace the old (the one you have made a copy of) CvGameCoreDLL.dll (date should be 7th of January 2013) with the one you have just unpacked (date should be 19th of January, 2013)
  • Load an old save and check for natives (or Rangers, or Native Mercs, or Conquistadors) located on peaks
  • Just press <RETURN> or <ENTER> to proceed to the next game turn
  • All aforementioned units (except units in the profession "Pioneer") should have left the peaks
  • That's it. You can play your old game (reload the save, then) or you can start a new game.
  • Have fun. :)

In case of any problems with this version, please make sure that you state the correct date of the version which you are using!

Update:
Thanks to Elwood :)goodjob:) in the German CivForum I noticed a mistake in the description of the new functionality, which now has been corrected.
Sorry for any confusion.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.7z
    778 KB · Views: 243
Hi CB,
Many thanks for your mod from quite a while ago.
The description combined with the RAR team's effort means I am revisiting Civ4Col with new life breathed into it!

Unfortunately... I receive a variety of errors after following your instructions to the letter.

Loading the gigantic RAR map results in an immediate 'you have been defeated' on scenario start
Loading the Huge and a few other maps results in an 'unable to load worldbuilder' before difficulty or any other settings.
Loading ameryca and a few other maps results in an app crash after finalizing difficulty and other selections.

I believe my cause is that your original link to 1.3 I believe now directs to 2.0.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12118352&postcount=1790

For all those looking to this post for assistance with this mod, please do reply if you are able to source/link to a mirror for version 1.3

Version 1.3 is a very old version and no longer available.

I highly recommend to play 2.0!!! 2.0 includes the 2plot City radius. This mod-mod is out of date and should no longer be used with a version of RaR.

Schmiddie is correct. :)
The 2plot per city radius since quite some time has been incorporated into RaR and you no longer need any modmod for this.

In case you would be interested into the "not entering peaks" feature, please make use of my current modmod for RaR (see my signature).

Schmiddie is correct. :)
The 2plot per city radius since quite some time has been incorporated into RaR and you no longer need any modmod for this.

In case you would be interested into the "not entering peaks" feature, please make use of my current modmod for RaR (see my signature).

Hi Schmiddie and CB.
Absolutely correct, the past couple of days has been lost to RAR 2.0 and in-built 2PCR :)
I have some thoughts on RAR which I will post in the main RAR thread.
Thanks for your swift replies!

Top Bottom