[ModMerge] Religon and Revolution with 2 Plots City Radius

Hi Commander Bello,
Hi Robert! :)
What I would be interested in, would be to adjust the city screen a bit to cover the whole extended radius so that the more remote units aren't placed almost outside anymore. But since I lack any knowledge about Python... :sad:
Oh you're right! With some screen resolutions the Citizens go out of the Panel. I think I can fix that easily. I'll do that when I've finished my todos in R&R .
Are you OK with that ? ;)

Hi Commander Bello,
Oh you're right! With some screen resolutions the Citizens go out of the Panel. I think I can fix that easily. I'll do that when I've finished my todos in R&R .
Are you OK with that ? ;)
Absolutely!

Any help and support is appreciated. :goodjob:

I've started looking into the python code. ;)

What do you think of this? I've move the workers rightwards and downwards on high screen ratios. It isn't perfect, but it's a little better. Isn't it?
Could you please test every resolution on your computer and telle me?
Spoiler :
Please understand I have only low resolutions on my computer. Maximum resolution for me is 1280*1024.
But your problem is highly related to screen resolution (and screen resolution ratio).

Hope this will please you!

Attachments

• Two plots update.JPG
    Two plots update.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 297
  • CvMainInterface.7z
    27.5 KB · Views: 210
I will test tomorrow and let you know. :)

Many thanks so far for your effort! :goodjob:

Sorry, rl kept me from testing yet. I will try to do so tomorrow or on Monday.

Which line do you mean? :confused:

I've started looking into the python code. ;)

What do you think of this? I've move the workers rightwards and downwards on high screen ratios. It isn't perfect, but it's a little better. Isn't it?
Could you please test every resolution on your computer and telle me?
Spoiler :
Please understand I have only low resolutions on my computer. Maximum resolution for me is 1280*1024.
But your problem is highly related to screen resolution (and screen resolution ratio).

Hope this will please you!

Hi Robert!

Sorry for responding so late. :(

Can you give me a detailed instruction of what to look for?
Actually, it seems like both, your and the original CvMainInterface.py are working for any resolution with a 4/3 ratio.
As soon as that ratio is not met anymore, the display doesn't really fit.

I've made my quick tests now in windowed mode and realized that the CvMainInterface.py cannot be changed (or at least without any visible difference) during the game.

So, what would you prefer?
  • tests in all resolutions in windowed mode
  • tests in all resolutions in fullscreen mode
  • a selection of resolutions (1024*768, 1280*1024, 1600*1200, 1920*1080) in windowed mode
  • a selection of resolutions (1024*768, 1280*1024, 1600*1200, 1920*1080) in fullscreen mode
Please notice that all my tests so far have been made without changing the OS resolution. Would that be necessary, too? :eek:

Best regards
CB

I've made my quick tests now in windowed mode and realized that the CvMainInterface.py cannot be changed (or at least without any visible difference) during the game.

Yes it can.

I have done this many times myself.
(e.g. when positioning buildings)

When checking changes in CityScreen for example, you simply have to leave CityScreen and return to it.

Yes it can.

I have done this many times myself.
(e.g. when positioning buildings)

When checking changes in CityScreen for example, you simply have to leave CityScreen and return to it.
:confused:

That's strange. I have exchanged the files several times but nothing changed at all. I even didn't get the message "python interpreter reloads file 'xyz' " or how it reads.

:confused:

That's strange. I have exchanged the files several times but nothing changed at all. I even didn't get the message "python interpreter reloads file 'xyz' " or how it reads.
This is strange indeed. I always edit python screen files in-game. :)
It is very practical, and you immediately know when you've made a "huge" mistake (misspelling, logic etc...).
You can change screen resolution in the options (ingame). There is no need to change your window's resolution. :goodjob:
Actually, it seems like both, your and the original CvMainInterface.py are working for any resolution with a 4/3 ratio.
As soon as that ratio is not met anymore, the display doesn't really fit.
And yes indeed 4:3 ratio is the best. The main interface screen works perfectly with 4:3 ratios.
If ratio gets higher, then some problem occur. I've tried to limit such problems by "moving" colonists inside plots (away from the edges of course :rolleyes:).
My solution isn't perfect. But does it look better than before?
Can you give me a detailed instruction of what to look for?
Try a 16:9 or 16:10 ratio. Then play a few turns with your original file, and then try mine to see the difference. Compare two screenshots :dunno:

Try a 16:9 or 16:10 ratio. Then play a few turns with your original file, and then try mine to see the difference. Compare two screenshots :dunno:

The problem is, I don't see any difference at all.

I've tried in an existing game, I have created something with WorldBuilder - no changes. I can copy between the original CvMainInterface.py and yours back and forth, but no changes.
In all resolutions, the display will always be the same.

:sad:

Hello Commander Bello, just to let you know that we are waiting for R&R 1.3 2PCR modcomp.:)

Hello Commander Bello, just to let you know that we are waiting for R&R 1.3 2PCR modcomp.:)

You have been heared. :)

But please allow for one or two days, as I am currently refurnishing my home office. :sad:

But please allow for one or two days, as I am currently refurnishing my home office.
Take all of the time that you need. I just can't seem to want to play it without that addition. :)

New version has been uploaded. Initial posting has been updated and the new version may be found there. :)

And the next thing I would like to integrate is KJ Jansson's "Codex" (here), which - and I feel honoured by that - was based on an idea I once discussed in the German CivForum.

Hi Commander Bello, I see you like KJ Jansson's Codex mod. Have you looked at my recent thread Radical Concepts? I know you probably don't have the time or the ability to create the concept I detail 1. - 1b. (similar to Codex) but what do you think of the idea? Feedback in the thread is surely welcome.

Top Bottom