[Modmod] Mana Flares and stuff Add-On [Py/XML]

You have some interesting pieces there. I love the ideas, although I'm not keen on the event/python heavy implementation.

The Mana flares sound like an interesting concept. It'd be nice to know exactly what each one does, though. do you have a list?

The improved roads, I like. But the event implementation looks clumsy and inflexible. Perhaps some constant maintenance cost on them would allow them to be built more flexibly, without encouraging spamming them everywhere. I'm really not a fan of an event telling me where I can and can't put my roads

The Stone resource looks neat, too. I think that's Kohan art?
Would be nice to have that in FF too. Although as a normal resource, again not placed by events and such. I'm sure other uses could be created for it, like improving production speed of various buildings.

You have some interesting pieces there. I love the ideas, although I'm not keen on the event/python heavy implementation.
Thx, I'm not a programmer at all and that was all I could do (or at least think of). I would be happy if someone with more programming skills (python and sdk) and better ideas how to implement this could improve it. But as I said, that was all I could do :).

The Mana flares sound like an interesting concept. It'd be nice to know exactly what each one does, though. do you have a list?
Yes, it is in the spoiler in post two.
Spoiler :

1.1.1 Flare air node:
Air node is the center of a major storm. All units within 2 titles will be blown away from the mana source (all units move one plot away from there former position and increase the distance to the node by one). Units within cities or within certain improvements (Tower, Fort, Castle, Citadel, Cage, Goblin Fort, Ring of Carcer, Broken Sepulcher) or with certain promotions (Held (not Hero), Avatar, Dragon) are immune to this effect.
All units (except air elemental and lightning elemental) will suffer lightning damage (depending from the distance to the node)
Air elemental and lightning elemental get healed + bonus promotions (chance to lose weak or get empower promotion and stuff, chance with event to get strong, mobility and heroic promotions and stuff)
100% chance that naval units get fair winds promotion.
0% chance (25% with event) that naval units also get hasted promotion.
1% chance (7% with event) that units get lightning resistance or immune to lightning promotion.

1.1.2 Flare body node:
25% chance for all units to get hasted promotion.
50% chance for golem and flesh golem to get hasted and regeneration promotion.
0% chance (100% with event) that flesh golem get fully healed + bonus promotions.
70% chance (100% with event) to remove diseased and withered promotion.
100% chance to remove slow promotion.

1.1.3 Flare chaos node:
All units get damage of random damage type (fire, poison, cold, death, holy, lightning, physical, unholy) (poisoned units also get poisoned promotion).
100% chance to get dance of blades promotion.
Unit get mutated OR 4% chance (20% with event) to get 1-5 of these promotions: (blessed, blure, courage, crown of brilliance, dance of blades, hasted, loyality, morale, regeneration, shadowwalk, shield of faith, valor, warcry, charmed, fatigued, poisoned, slow, withered, diseased)
Terrain type of the mana plot will change to random polt: (grass, plains, desert, marsh, tundra, snow, burning sands, broken lands, field of perdition, shallows)

1.1.4 Flare death node:
Removes graveyards in range and grants 1 (3 with event) free Skeleton(s) (rises Armageddon counter by num skeletons)
Removes city ruin and grants 1 "weak" Seleton (+1 Armageddon counter)
50% chance for living units to get slow promotion.
Death damage for all living units.
0% chance (2% with event) that a living unit will become undead (undead promotion).
Undead units will be healed.
0% chance (2% with event) that an undead unit will get a strong promotion.

1.1.5 Flare earth node:
All units (except earth elementals) get physical damage and can't move this turn and lose all the fortification bonus turns (earth quake) (only half of the damage if unit owner has runes of kilmorph state religion).
Earth elementals get heald + bonus promotions (chance to lose weak or get empower promotion and stuff, chance with event to get strong, mobility and heroic promotions and stuff)
0% chance (25% with event) to get stoneskin promotion.
Cities within range get Wall of Stone building (for 1 turn) and low chance that palisade building or wall building will be destroyed (earth quake).

1.1.6 Flare enchantment node:
33% chance to upgrade improvement / 33% chance to downgrade improvement (but not destroy tower) –-> improvements are: (tower, fort, castle, citadel)
Units (except golem, naval and siege) have 25% chance to get damage of random damage type (<-- cold, fire, lightning, physical, poison)
0% chance (1% with event) that a golem will become alive (removes golem promotion)
100% chance for naval, siege and golem units to get repair promotion.
50% chance (100% with event) for melee units to get or lose enchanted blade promotion.
50% chance (100% with event) for archer units to get or lose flaming arrows promotion.
50% chance (100% with event) for adept units to get or lose spell staff promotion.
10% chance (100% with event) to lose rusted promotion.

1.1.7 Flare entropy node:
With event +2 to Armageddon counter.
Will transform all plots within range into hell terrain (changePlotCounter(100))
All living units get unholy damage (only half of the damage if unit owner has the ashen veil state religion)
0% chance (2% with event) that a living unit become a demon (demon promotion)
50% chance for Angle units to get slow promotion.
Angle units will suffer even more unholy damage like living units. (but also with ashen veil only half of the damage)
Demons get healed.
0% chance (2% with event) for demons to get strong promotion.
50% chance for units to get withered and rusted promotion.

1.1.8 Flare fire node:
33% chance to set smoke in a forest, new forest or jungle plot (smoke will destroy improvement, except unique improvements)
Low chance to create flames in a forest, new forest or jungle plot.
All units (except fire elementals) suffer fire damage.
Fire elementals get healed + bonus promotions (chance to lose weak or get empower promotion and stuff, chance with event to get strong, mobility and heroic promotions and stuff)
1% chance (7% with event) for units to get vulnerable to fire or fire resistance or immune to fire promotion.

1.1.9 Flare ice node: disabled in the ffh2 version – can be activated in ff version
All plots in range become temp snow terrain.
All units get cold damage and can't move this turn and get slow promotion (except ice elementals).
Ice elementals get healed + bonus promotions (chance to lose weak or get empower promotion and stuff, chance with event to get strong, mobility and heroic promotions and stuff)

1.1.10 Flare law node:
Units suffer holy damage (only 25% of the damage if unit owner has the order state religion).
33% chance to get loyality promotion.
4% chance to get valor promotion.
33% chance (100% with event or with order religion) to get blessed promotion.
50% (100% with event) that a Einherjar will be healed and get empower1 promotion.
Cities within range get unyielding order building (for 1 turn).

1.1.11 Flare life node:
With event -2 to Armageddon counter.
Removes all hell terrain plots within range.
Removes city ruins ( -2 to Armageddon counter for each city ruin)
All living units get healed.
All demon units suffer low holy damage.
All undead units suffer holy damage.
50% chance for undead units to get slow promotion.
0% chance (2% with event) that a demon or undead unit become alive (lose demon/undead promotion).
Removes graveyard improvement ( -2 to Armageddon counter ) and get a free Einherjar unit (+champion unit with withered and rusted promotion with event).

1.1.12 Flare metamagic node:
2% chance (100% with event) to scout the area with floating eyes (autoscout, eyes will die next turn).
Removes good and bad promotions from units: (blessed, blure, courage, crown of brilliance, dance of blades, enchanted blade, fair winds, flaming arrows, hasted, hidden, loyality, morale, poisoned blade, regeneration, shadowwalk, shield of faith, spellstaff, stoneskin, valor, warcry, burning blood, charmed, enraged, fatigued, poisoned, rusted, slow)

1.1.13 Flare mind node:
Cities within range get inspiration building (for 1 turn).
33% chance (100% with event) to remove or add charmed promotion to units.
1% chance (4% with event) that a unit will be dominated by an evil spirit and turn against his former owner (unit will become barbarian; immune units are units with avatar, dragon and hero promotion; with event the node owner units are not affected)

1.1.14 Flare nature node:
Terrain type of the mana plot will be vitalized: (snow -> tundra -> desert -> plains -> grass / marsh -> grass) (hell terrain too)
Place forest on non hell plots within range (without event range=1; with event range = 1-3 and also hell terrain will get trees): (new forest on non desert plots with no feature or with burnt forests; forests on plots with new forests; ancient forest on plots with forests or jungle)
10% chance (100% with event) to vitalize all plots within range=1.
100% chance to change all hell terrain plots within range=1 to normal terrain.
All units that can fortify will get maximum of fortify bonus (treetop defence even without trees)
All units (except naval, siege and treants) get poison damage and poisoned promotion (only half of the damage if unit owner has the fellowship of leaves state religion).
50% chance for recon units to get poisoned blade promotion.
1% chance (7% with event) that units receive poison resistance promotion
Treants, animal units and beast units get healed + bonus promotions
Guardian Vines get empower1-5 promotion.
5% chance (100% with event) that baby spider upgrade to giant spider, lion to lion pride and wolf to wolf pack.
0% chance (100% with event) that giant spiders get one free baby spider.
0% chance (100% with event) that lion pride get on free lion.
0% chance (100% with event) that wolf pack get on free wolf.

1.1.15 Flare shadow node:
100% chance that units get blur promotion.
50% chance for units (except naval end siege) to get shadow walk promotion.
33% chance for living units to get poison damage and poisoned promotion (only half of the damage if unit owner has the concil of esus state religion).
2% chance (14% with event) to get hidden nationality promotion or hidden promotion or
1% chance (7% with event) to get invisible promotion.

1.1.16 Flare spirit node:
Chance (3-4% without event) to get a +1 or -1 attitude change with one of your rivals (only for the nod owner).
Chance (100% with event) to get a +1 attitude change with one of your rivals. (only for the nod owner)(weak trust spell)
4% chance (50% with event) that units get spirit guide promotion.
100% chance unit get courage promotion.
Cities within range get hope building (for 1 turn).

1.1.17 Flare sun node:
Scorch on plots within range: (plains -> desert; field of perdition -> burning sands; snow -> tundra; marsh -> plains; shallows -> fields of perdition)
95% chance (100% with event) to damage illusions up to 99%.
Units (except aurealis) suffer fire damage (only half of the damage if unit owner has the empyrean state religion).
33% chance (50% with event) that units get blinded (can't move this turn) (this is a weak blinding light spell effect)
100% chance to get slow promotion for unit of players with concil of esus state religion.
2-7% chance (100% with event) to remove hidden nationality, invisible and hidden promotion.
2% chance (10% with event) to get crown of brilliance promotion.

1.1.18 Flare water node:
Spring on plots within range: (desert -> plains; burning sands -> fields of perdition; remove flames; remove smoke)
Units (except water elemental) get cold damage (more damage when unit next to river and/or even more damage if unit next to coast or if flying animal/beast unit is on a water plot) (only half of the damage if unit owner has the octopus overlords state religion).
Water elementals get healed + bonus promotions (chance to lose weak or get empower promotion and stuff, chance with event to get strong, mobility and heroic promotions and stuff)
1% chance (7% with event) to get cold resistance or immune to cold promotion.
0% chance (1% with event) to get water walking promotion.
Naval units and work boats can't move this turn.
5% chance (100% with events) for water animal/beast units to get bonus promotions.

Well, now I removed the spoiler in the main thread...

The improved roads, I like. But the event implementation looks clumsy and inflexible. Perhaps some constant maintenance cost on them would allow them to be built more flexibly, without encouraging spamming them everywhere. I'm really not a fan of an event telling me where I can and can't put my roads
Yeah, I thought at maintenance cost as well but I didn't like it at all. The Improved roads are a graphic gimmick after all. They are not soo helpfule at all but I wanted to have this just for the "epic feel" for major roads like the roman roads back in history. Eye candy, you know :)

The Stone resource looks neat, too. I think that's Kohan art?
Would be nice to have that in FF too. Although as a normal resource, again not placed by events and such. I'm sure other uses could be created for it, like improving production speed of various buildings.
Stone resource is from civ4/BTS. You know, rumour has it that there is some strange mod for FFH2 that is called civ :D
I think they removed stones from ffh2 because there are already so many resources in it (and more isn't always better). And as I said in post 3: (Note: If you add more resources to the game it also means that the map script will place them on the map and waste space for maybe more important resources. Therefore this stone resource is only available via event and will be placed on plots without resources.) But thats only my opinion.

BTW: The purpose of this mod (with the event implemention) was to not change the game play at all. Only if you are very lucky and one of these events hit you you will see something new but nothing game changing.

Top Bottom