Modmodding Q&A Thread

Nope.

Do you ever plan on it? Really, it should take three minutes at the most.

It didn't change anything. At this point, I think I misplaced the folders.

Didn't you simply use the file structure from the SVN?

I'm at a loss then :confused:

Sometimes it helps to just start over with a different tutorial.

Do you ever plan on it? Really, it should take three minutes at the most.

I took the liberty to look at your save.
I made it loading without errors, but I don't know if I made any changes related to the civs. I did see that Ethiopia is alive.
Also, the units are still doubled. You have to remove them yourself.

All I did is copy the first part of the original DoC 600 AD scenario.
I copied the first line ("version 11") all the way to "### Plot Info ###".

But anyway, here it is.

I took the liberty to look at your save.
I made it loading without errors, but I don't know if I made any changes related to the civs. I did see that Ethiopia is alive.
Also, the units are still doubled. You have to remove them yourself.

All I did is copy the first part of the original DoC 600 AD scenario.
I copied the first line ("version 11") all the way to "### Plot Info ###".

But anyway, here it is.

I don't understand. I've definitely taken them out- I've played it plenty of times. The units aren't doubled. Something you've done is responsible.

Anyway, I my problem is that the game ends way too early. I tried loading a game as Brazil on Marathon and it had Kublai win a time victory while the game was still loading (sometime in the early renaissance).

I'm at a loss then :confused:

Sometimes it helps to just start over with a different tutorial.

I think that the problem is that the make file doesn't properly guide to the Boost/Python. I think that that is it.

Also, what is the header file? I need to put that in DLLmain.cpp.

I don't understand. I've definitely taken them out- I've played it plenty of times. The units aren't doubled. Something you've done is responsible.

Anyway, I my problem is that the game ends way too early. I tried loading a game as Brazil on Marathon and it had Kublai win a time victory while the game was still loading (sometime in the early renaissance).

Oops, my bad then. I reread the thread to see what your problem was, but all I could find is that you said you added Ethiopia.

So I tried to load the scenario, and then the game crashed. (But maybe that's because I used the most recent SVN version and you did not) So I did what I described in my previous post and then it worked. So I thought that was the problem.

I will take a look again.

EDIT:
I think I know what caused the early victory:
Look at the screenshot. The left one is the original 600 AD scenario. The right one is your version. The game thinks the mods starts at turn 181. But your version says it should stop at turn 319. That means there are 319-181=138 turns until victory, instead of the normal 319. If you delete the line " MaxTurns=319", the game wouldn't end early.

That's why I've always advised people to only copy the terrain information from a scenario edited with world builder, and not the rest of the scenario setting.

Oops, my bad then. I reread the thread to see what your problem was, but all I could find is that you said you added Ethiopia.

So I tried to load the scenario, and then the game crashed. (But maybe that's because I used the most recent SVN version and you did not) So I did what I described in my previous post and then it worked. So I thought that was the problem.

I will take a look again.

EDIT:
I think I know what caused the early victory:
Look at the screenshot. The left one is the original 600 AD scenario. The right one is your version. The game thinks the mods starts at turn 181. But your version says it should stop at turn 319. That means there are 319-181=138 turns until victory, instead of the normal 319. If you delete the line " MaxTurns=319", the game wouldn't end early.

I did you what you said, although a rather nasty CTD keeps me from starting up a game... I've lost interest in DoC recently anyway. I'll probably come back when I've gotten bored. :crazyeye:

I did you what you said, although a rather nasty CTD keeps me from starting up a game... I've lost interest in DoC recently anyway. I'll probably come back when I've gotten bored. :crazyeye:

Got that one too. So I replaced all the info of the civs. The scenario that with these changes I already uploaded a few posts above.

I think that the problem is that the make file doesn't properly guide to the Boost/Python. I think that that is it.

Also, what is the header file? I need to put that in DLLmain.cpp.

^That

I wanted to weaken the Turkish UP a little bit, could someone tell me what part of the code I have to change?
Spoiler :
Code:
def turkishUP(self, city, iCiv, iPreviousOwner):

for x in range(city.getX()-2, city.getX()+3):
                        for y in range(city.getY()-2, city.getY()+3):
                                pCurrent = gc.getMap().plot( x, y )
                                if (x == city.getX() and y == city.getY()):
                                        utils.convertPlotCulture(pCurrent, iCiv, 51, False)
                                elif (pCurrent.isCity()):
                                        pass
                                elif (utils.calculateDistance(x, y, city.getX(), city.getY()) == 1):
                                        utils.convertPlotCulture(pCurrent, iCiv, 80, True)
                                else:
					if pCurrent.getOwner() == iPreviousOwner:
						utils.convertPlotCulture(pCurrent, iCiv, 20, False)

The 51 / 80 / 20 are the percentages of culture converted in the city you conquered, the first ring around it and the rest of its BFC, respectively.

If I create a fictional continent, say the Mu continent in the Pacific by WB;
would the AI settle it ?

Sea tiles have settler map value 20 which do not forbid settling but make it very unlikely. So I'd say no, unless you edit the settler maps.

Sea tiles have settler map value 20 which do not forbid settling but make it very unlikely. So I'd say no, unless you edit the settler maps.

Hmm...okay then Thanks !

Top Bottom